Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyrant

02/27/15 - Distribution/hosting Outside Of North America For Crowfall

Well, vote with your wallet as an european that you WANT this game to be properly available in the EU. That's what crowdfunding is about. Just trying to hold your money as ransom for them to promise this service is all wrong.

Voting with your wallet is actually about NOT giving funds to companies that follow paths you do not like.

What you say is blindly giving money and trust to anyone and hope for the best.

I know this may sound terrible but make them wait. I'd rather the money go into more important things like combat.

I dont think extra money to combat is going to make a differance other then slightly better animations. Combat is deep part of the game, hiring new coders in the mid-development to handle such core stuff is likely to make things worser

Edited by Navhkrin

Voting with your wallet is actually about NOT giving funds to companies that follow paths you do not like.

What you say is blindly giving money and trust to anyone and hope for the best.

You still don't get it. We've been clearly informed that the likelyness of having ACE being able to provide for services in the EU is going to entirely depending on how viable the market seems. And the viability is directly influenced by how many european backers they get. So withholding your money is actualy detrimental to your ultimate goal of having CF being published and serviced in the EU without deviation from the vision you want to fund. 

They simply don't have the financial background nor the manpower to service the EU without major financial backing. And this backing either comes from us backers or more likely from an external publisher willing to agree on the terms that ACE have already stated they want to have respected.

Crowdfunding is about the willingness to support a vision (not the rewards!). There are always uncertainities. If you are not willing to risk your money or faith on this, that's entirely okay and up to you. But don't fool yourself about the circumstances.

Edited by Angier

To those in doubt I'm pretty sure this is not a question of if but when EU servers will be available.

The question is if ACE will be the once who control the servers in the EU or if they will have to sell the rights to another company to handle it.

The upside to having a company handle the EU version is that they won't have to hire people nor servers and since its a small company that is easily the safest route to take.

The downside is that the company will now be able to do just about anything with the game. They will be able to control the prices and items going up on the cash shop, which could lead to differences between the two versions. It could also mean different rulesets for campaigns. Patches might not be deployed at the same pace as the US counterpart which again would create a difference between the two versions.

They could potentially have the rights to monetize other contents of the game.

And then there is the fact that ACE would have to rely on this company to uphold the backer pledges.

This is why, though not cheap, the best thing would be to have ACE be the once to control the game - Especially in EU.

Russia and Asia are in a different ballpark, and here they would have to rely on other companies to handle their game.

143R3yh.gif

I know this may sound terrible but make them wait. I'd rather the money go into more important things like combat.

You understand that if European players revoke their trust you just lost half the money, don't you?

Half the money, half the game.

Look how successful Vindictus was by delaying a couple of years.. 

Either release it on time, or don't release it at all. Because by the time you do, the game is old news already.

This is definitely not my experience from previous games but perhaps it's true for this particular type of game audience.  Wouldn't that imply that the ability "English as a second language" is strongly correlated to the "PvP" or "Crafting" abilities?  :)

We're hoping the crowdfunding data gives us some indication of the potential demand and market size in the non-English speaking countries and regions for Crowfall.

At least in Germany children learn English much earlier now than 15 years ago (and it is reqired!). Add to that internet and steam...many are able to read English fine and write in it ok-ish.

That said, a survey probably would give you a better indication about the demand for translation into the different languages.

At least in Germany children learn English much earlier now than 15 years ago (and it is reqired!). Add to that internet and steam...many are able to read English fine and write in it ok-ish.

That said, a survey probably would give you a better indication about the demand for translation into the different languages.

Yes in Danish schools children are also required to learn English from 4th grade. Which is really early compared to just a couple of years ago.

I'm sure this is not just a trend, but a sign that we in EU know that learning English and being able to both read and write it is invaluable in a modern age.

If "you" germans would just stop dubbing everything that comes your way though. That would be great ^^

Edited by Crueltylizer

143R3yh.gif

If "you" germans would just stop dubbing everything that comes your way though. That would be great ^^

I second that.

not only are the dubs usually absolute horse sheit, it also takes away a valuable source of learning.

You understand that if European players revoke their trust you just lost half the money, don't you?

Half the money, half the game.

Look how successful Vindictus was by delaying a couple of years.. 

Either release it on time, or don't release it at all. Because by the time you do, the game is old news already.

It really depends on how much money actually comes from EU players (that aren't willing to play on an NA server for the first year or so)

And if combat isnt good the game will die. Imo Good(in terms of feel not aesthetics) Combat>anything else.

It really depends on how much money actually comes from EU players (that aren't willing to play on an NA server for the first year or so)

And if combat isnt good the game will die. Imo Good(in terms of feel not aesthetics) Combat>anything else.

Probably about half, with more coming in once there are no uncertainties about a possible EU publisher or playing on NA servers with high ping.

Member of The BlackHand Order

Keeping in mind your UNIVERSE idea for Crowfall, you should really weigh the option of making ONE network of shards for EU and NA players. It's not like we're asking to play on the same servers (of course for ping issues we need our own).. what we're asking is the ability to move from one server to the other FREELY and without changing account/characters, the ability to share Eternal Kingdoms. Trust me you don't want to split up the communities, that has been one big reason for Darkfall failure.

Yes. This. Fenris to president. :) No split community, please.

Russia and Asia are in a different ballpark, and here they would have to rely on other companies to handle their game.

True that. But I'll guess that a lot of Russians will play on EU servers.

oaOnsEV.jpg?1

Hmm, how about no? 

Next week they are opening up Paypal for the Europeans that cant fund ARC on KS and whitout atleast a stretch goal for ONE EU server. That doesnt make any sence at all..

Err no they are doing pay pal for everyone that can't or don't have use of a credit card this isn't just about EU....that means everyone in the world that can only use pay pal to fund the game and wants to...

Err no they are doing pay pal for everyone that can't or don't have use of a credit card this isn't just about EU....that means everyone in the world that can only use pay pal to fund the game and wants to...

"Paypal Coming, Particularly For Our European Customers" thats the actual titel of the thread, and how you read that i dont care. they are fishing for EU whitout even have a stretch goal for a server in that region/nor do they have a good/acceptable publisher in mind. nuff said

You still don't get it. We've been clearly informed that the likelyness of having ACE being able to provide for services in the EU is going to entirely depending on how viable the market seems. And the viability is directly influenced by how many european backers they get. So withholding your money is actualy detrimental to your ultimate goal of having CF being published and serviced in the EU without deviation from the vision you want to fund. 

They simply don't have the financial background nor the manpower to service the EU without major financial backing. And this backing either comes from us backers or more likely from an external publisher willing to agree on the terms that ACE have already stated they want to have respected.

Crowdfunding is about the willingness to support a vision (not the rewards!). There are always uncertainities. If you are not willing to risk your money or faith on this, that's entirely okay and up to you. But don't fool yourself about the circumstances.

Its you who doesn't get it.

There is no "release the game in europe" goal to vote towards with our wallets.

What you vote towards is "Releasing the game with female centaurs and mounts in NA".

So "voting with our wallets" does not make sense here. That was my point.

You are wrong about kickstarter. It's about investing, not donating. 

Many small investors making a project happen. As opposed to a single mammoth company doing the same.

And in both cases, the investors expect some kind of profit.

I don't back this so Coleman can play Crowfall offline in his office.

I do so because I'ld like to play this MMO he came up with.

Get over 10k EU players to fund the game and it may change their mind about how to do things i know at least six that have so 9994 to go :P

here is the thing tho, if they cant fund via KS they are forced to fund via Paypal and by doing that they cant unback from their funding like i can whit mine done via KS and if there isnt 10k eu players funding they just wasted the amount they funded *if they dont want really high unplayable latency on the NA server*.. so yea...

Edited by Forko

Correct. Combat is King.

They announced that about 50% of the funding comes from outside NA.

No global release plans means that 50% stops paying.

"Paypal Coming, Particularly For Our European Customers" thats the actual titel of the thread, and how you read that i dont care. they are fishing for EU whitout even have a stretch goal for a server in that region/nor do they have a good/acceptable publisher in mind. nuff said

Exactly. I find that alarming.

But lets wait and see.. 25 days of possible announcements to go.