Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

EKs should always be active

Borelock

You guys have probably complained about this for ever, however I'm a new player since about 2 weeks before launch and just now discovering this terrible system. Finally threw a bunch of money at parcels, keep, vendor, and mats for stall. I liked the game so I subbed for a year .  Biggest let down is it doesn't stay active for long after you leave. How in the hell did this function make it to release. What's the point of having an ek as a store if it closes ever hour or so, simply ridiculous. 2nd what's with the coffer cost and listing fee... i mean really? I already looted the stuff , spent a crap load to get a place to sell it, and now i must spend more gold to sell it. Absolute trash. Seriously regretting the cash i threw at the company for this stuff. ITs not even practical or serviceable. Cryptic as hell even trying to set it up. Google gives more info than the game. The fact I would need to have a second account running and the character logged into the ek  24/7 , or log my main with a mouse jiggle overnight so people could shop is absolutely ridiculous.  To make it worse most times it wont even load . -end rant

Edited by Borelock

3 hours ago, Borelock said:

threw a bunch of money at parcels, keep, vendor, and mats for stall.

I subbed for a year

I would need to have a second account running and the character logged into the ek  24/7 

WAI?

What? If your ek is visited enough, it stay active, if your ek go down after the 4 h opening from VIP it's because nobody visit it.

Take Aerynth traders for example, it's allways open, i doubt someone from the EK admin stay up all day just to boot it up.

+ if you have nobles/vassals in your list they can boot it up too.

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

If it's large enough and visited of course it works. It's terrible for getting newer smaller ones exposure and business. It goes down sooner than 4 hours. I sold some enchants to a guy before forts , and had to reload about hour and half later . It's like opening a small coffee shop next to a Starbucks with one lazy ass employee. Not sure how I'm supposed to stay open all day/night and get business if the only employee goes out for smokes every few hours just because its slow and closes doors. If I'm asleep or at work I can't re activate. There should be a mechanic where once a stall and vendor are placed its always instanced, keeping separate from personal which can be loaded whenever the owner needs it😕

Edited by Borelock

7 hours ago, mystafyi said:

WAI?

120 for 12 month sub, this got the keep and majority of the shire (wanted 8 vendors for my friends to sell and multiple tables).

Another 150 for crowns to get remaining parcels (rest of shire and 2 hamlets)  needed to convert shire to town to place keep. 

I didn't mind at all. I have no problem supporting a game I believe in and enjoy. Hell I've been a premium sub to star citizen for almost 4 years lol  it's not the money spent that bothers me, it's the functionality of it all. Once it's active and set up it should always be available to other players regardless of who visits or how long its been. 

Edited by Borelock

I agree whit borelock i was very exited too start a vendor whit my friends in Ek but we realise something wrong whit this system it was not thought for 2 man try setup small shop but its a good idea maybe need more work

8 hours ago, Gorwald said:

What? If your ek is visited enough, it stay active, if your ek go down after the 4 h opening from VIP it's because nobody visit it.

1) An EK has to be kept open manually by the owner for that kind of traffic to ever happen

2) Does your EK stay open for the 3-hr VIP bonus? Mine certainly doesn't. 

So, yes, you're kinda screwed if you don't bot a second account or have peons willing to waste their time in loading screens for your EK to get on its feet. 

Edited by BucDen

25 minutes ago, BucDen said:

1) An EK has to be kept open manually by the owner for that kind of traffic to ever happen

2) Does your EK stay open for the 3-hr VIP bonus? Mine certainly doesn't. 

So, yes, you're kinda screwed if you don't bot a second account or have peons willing to waste their time in loading screens for your EK to get on its feet. 

Nope, i activated it and set a timer. I just went and farmed for 48 minutes. Just checked and is inactive. Super dumb. Wish i could get my crowns and mats back for it.

9 hours ago, Gorwald said:

Take Aerynth traders for example, it's allways open, i doubt someone from the EK admin stay up all day just to boot it up.

+ if you have nobles/vassals in your list they can boot it up too.

In your haste to defend a broken system you forget to see what really happens. 

2 hours ago, mystafyi said:

In your haste to defend a broken system you forget to see what really happens. 

The system should work like i said (3h instead of 4h my bad)

If it doesn't, a bug report should be filled in the bug reports forums for QA to look at it.

ETERNAL KINGDOM BENEFITS
EXTENDED AVAILABILITY of +3 Hours

https://crowfall.com/en-US/vip

Or the FAQ of the VIP should be upgraded with the correct information.

@Tyrant @Tiggs

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

32 minutes ago, Gorwald said:

Or the FAQ of the VIP should be upgraded with the correct information.

No one doubts that's what the site says, or that it should be addressed.

What you should be considering is that you might want to be more experienced/versed in the subject you're choosing to discuss if you're going to spout off your assumptions in a matter of fact manner in a thread with people who are actually dealing with the EKs and their associated issues. 

8 hours ago, Gorwald said:

If it doesn't, a bug report should be filled in the bug reports forums for QA to look at it.

Its been this way since releasing the code for this. They have been told many times. 

I agree the EK opening system is a joke , my experience it does not allways keep open 3 hours , I am okay with a vip system but than the only way should be open up the EK 24 hours , people who keep the EK 24 hours open with a second account often forget about the electricity costs . Isupport crawfall since 6 years but this opening system is just weird.But we can only hope they will change it ASAP. Still wish crowfall a good future but some decisions are hard to understand . 😏

3 hours ago, mystafyi said:

Its been this way since releasing the code for this. They have been told many times. 

Unfortunately I was not aware of this problem until guild members discovered it on my EK. 
After I reported the bug, I received a mail saying ACE is aware and is going to manage it. 
I suppose "soon" :(

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano

2 hours ago, solairre said:

I am okay with a vip system but than the only way should be open up the EK 24 hours 

At the very least, add everyone to the list allowed to spin up VIP EK's. I suggest this since this does support their current monetization of +3 hour for VIP and doesnt require the server load of 24/7 EK's that ACE seems to want to avoid. I dont know their overhead required for spinups, so that could be the limiting issue. It could be something to test out since its just adding another catagory to permission list.