Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Founders’ Update: Next major release is underway…

DEV-Tiggs

ArtCraft Co-Founder and Executive Producer, shares a look at the sixth-week post-launch, and sheds light on changes coming to The Shadow Faction v. Faction campaign world, and gives a preview of the new update in production.

Check out the complete update here: Crowfall.com/en-US/blog/next-major-release-underway

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Our next major update at the end of August will introduce worldwide (cross-server) access to Dregs and Shadow campaigns. All Crows will be fighting in a larger universe offering unlimited access to all world zones — EU, Australia, US East and West — with schedules to match.

the campaign will be based in the US West? US East? EU?
I would like to know how we will be able to have an acceptable ping for everyone (I'm not talking about 20ms for everyone, just an acceptable ping to play)

btw it's great founder's update

1 minute ago, Uta said:

the campaign will be based in the US West? US East? EU?

If it's what I hope it means, specific zones will likely be tied to each servers respective schedule AND server cluster. So when you connect to a US East scheduled zone, you'll be on US East connection. When you go to an EU scheduled zone, that zone should also be hosted in EU. Their server infrastructure theoretically supports this but we'll see what this looks like when it hits TEST likely - unless @Tyrantor @thomasblair want to elaborate?

16 minutes ago, galvia said:

If it's what I hope it means, specific zones will likely be tied to each servers respective schedule AND server cluster. So when you connect to a US East scheduled zone, you'll be on US East connection. When you go to an EU scheduled zone, that zone should also be hosted in EU. Their server infrastructure theoretically supports this but we'll see what this looks like when it hits TEST likely - unless @Tyrantor @thomasblair want to elaborate?

This is what I'm hoping for also.

NA zone = NA server location with NA siege timers. 

The early version of Last Oasis operated similar to this with NA East, NA West and EU zones all on the same server cluster. When you entered a NA East zone, it was hosted on a NA east server location. They used the same HEX map style world map with connected zones like Crowfall has too. So it's certainly possible. 

h8fopza2z9r41.png?width=2560&format=png&

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

... we will be adapting future campaigns to ensure the integrity of the competitive challenge and the reward structure. ...

... we are enhancing the rewards for playing and winning. ...

... soon to be posted series of interface enhancement designs for the chat system, zone maps, guild management tools and Monarch management for the Eternal Kingdoms! ...

Good stuff. ❤️

Does it mean that your character is locked on shadow but can go to other shadow too? EU, US East, US West etc?

I do not know if it is a good or a bad thing.

For example on hot zone it is currently a nightmare, *faction stealing mob" is apparently a sport, so adding new player base is not a good news to me (most of us in EU are on vessel grinding).

But, for searching pvp yes! We encountered a lot of situations where there was sometime nothing to do in our server ... no objective at all (or not a lot of people to encounter).

6 minutes ago, hidwulf said:

Does it mean that your character is locked on shadow but can go to other shadow too? EU, US East, US West etc?

I do not know if it is a good or a bad thing.

For example on hot zone it is currently a nightmare, *faction stealing mob" is apparently a sport, so adding new player base is not a good news to me (most of us in EU are on vessel grinding).

But, for searching pvp yes! We encountered a lot of situations where there was sometime nothing to do in our server ... no objective at all (or not a lot of people to encounter).

If i understood it right there will actually be only one Shadows and one Dregs.

Some islands will be NA some Eu etc.

Well, at least that should help the game to retain the players still left for a while longer while they fix the myriad of missing QOL features.
Nothing in that letter spells "wow".
Beginning Sept 13, will friends get a higher discount then?

Edited by Blowfeld

Some zones will be hosted in each region, with regional siege schedules. 

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

5 hours ago, ACE-Tiggs said:

If this means what I think it means, it will be amazing and exactly what people have been asking for.,

Just to clarify, using an example, does that mean in a single Dregs with 10 zones (each with a large keep and a small keep and 3 forts in this example), the fort and siege timers will vary between those zones in that single dregs? Some keeps with have NA timers, some EU, some AUS etc, in a single Dregs campaign?

5 hours ago, ACE-Tiggs said:

What exactly does this mean? Does it mean that zone A would be hosted on NA servers with NA times, while zone B would be hosted on EU servers with EU times, and you can then freely travel between all the zones like a mega-server no matter where you are from?

IHaKjRO.png

"Crowfall's evolution has been interesting: when we started, the game leaned much more heavily on survival mechanics. over time we added more and more strategy and pulled the survival mechanics. by launch, we'll be the most strategic virtual universe (IMO surpassing Eve Online)" - J. Todd Coleman, January 5th 2020

Sounds really great,

more pew-pew for everyone and we can have global alliances and politics.

The Harbingers are already in full preparation for this transition and we will offer our services on a planetary level. 

We are looking forward to expand our clientele and take your gold one way or the other.

11 hours ago, macavity said:

What exactly does this mean? Does it mean that zone A would be hosted on NA servers with NA times, while zone B would be hosted on EU servers with EU times, and you can then freely travel between all the zones like a mega-server no matter where you are from?

Sounds like it.

Set up this way it makes it much easier to justify launching campaigns with different rulesets so they finally start using all those "knobs" and "adjectives" they keep talking about.

If you have to run 4 regional "standard" dregs, right, and then you want to start a no-import dregs to go along with it... well now you either have to do 4 no-import dregs or cut some regions out of the variant.

If you rely on worldwide larger dregs though, you can just run "dregs" and "no import dregs" and the way players are arrayed across campaigns is more reflective of the rulesets they want to play than whether they're trying to timezone dodge other guilds in the same ruleset.

Overall this makes it much easier to do the thing crowfall was always supposed to do, offering a bunch of campaigns with different rules so people can fit themselves in to campaigns wit the rules they thing are cool and fun.

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"