Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why are Paladins considered A tier healers?

Xaero

How?  I am trying to wrap my head around this since I play one every now and then.  I've tried many many stat and talent combinations and have yet to come up with something that feels good.  They do make great farmers.

YooJI8I.png

44 minutes ago, Xaero said:

How?  I am trying to wrap my head around this since I play one every now and then.  I've tried many many stat and talent combinations and have yet to come up with something that feels good.  They do make great farmers.

YooJI8I.png

Cause seige meta is standing in a giant ball which there heal shines when everyone wants to stand on a point in a giant ball

Veeshan Midst of UXA

What he said. ^

Paladin heal actually is quite strong, and they can push or hold a front line and heal at the same time. They really only seem weak in a solo or small group setting, especially if the group is heavy on ranged, because then no one stands in the Paladin's nice circle, in which case he might as well just be a Vindicator.

When looking at rankings you may have to also think about the ranker and what gameplay style they were talking about (if they even mention this). They may rate a class as amazing but they were rating it for their streamer guild who plays in groups of no less than 50 so when you take that class out in a duo you're like "wtf this sucks". It may have been A or S rated but only for very particular styles of combat.

On 8/21/2021 at 2:21 AM, Xaero said:

YooJI8I.png

I've only tried farming on Vindicator and a little on Fury - what makes Paladin good for farming?

I would say "Templars are great farmers". Paladins do have better sustain than Vindicators but realistically it's not needed because farms are so easy. (I actually think they should consider bumping up NPC challenge level. There should be some harder farms. Paladins might stand out more, then.)

I actually prefer Vindicators for farming because if there's a group boss or a raid boss, the Vindi can easily grab and hold agro while other people heal him. Paladin has a harder time getting and keeping agro.

I main Paladin 🙂 In my personal opinion and self experience they are one of the best (FrontLine Healers) when spec'd right they soak alot of damage add an okay amount of CC on an enemys frontline and have a good amount of sustain healing via Divine light + Devotion, with an OH SHIZZZZ button called Holy Warrior. I personally go with a more tankier build to soak lots of damage up.

Sadly for small scale or with lots of alli range classes it falls short (compared to other healers) but can still assist thier team when used right. 

Camp farming is easy with parry + righteous parry + reflection + bloody rose (also this build makes archers hate you). Plus lots of sustain I mean you are a healer. Now holding aggro is almost impossible best to leave that to a more dedicated class/role. 

If you like to be on the frontlines and support your team + scream at your enemies HIT ME MO FO! you'll enjoy Paladin alot even with some of it's down falls(:

I do have trouble keeping aggro on a group boss.  I have solo'ed same level group bosses before as a Paladin.  I just have to hit my rotation perfectly.  So far I have been doing good with small scale.  I seem to be an assassin magnet.  They attack me and get melted by my group mates.  I have done large scale but it does not feel A class.  I had someone "high ranked" beg me for heals when I had 0 pips after a large scale fight.  During the fight the zerg moved away from my healing puddle making it useless.  I've considered dropping the healing puddle for chain heals for mobility.   I would lose some  dps by doing that.  It would literally be the same disc spec as a Cleirc I made for pure healing.

45 minutes ago, Xaero said:

During the fight the zerg moved away from my healing puddle making it useless

The real trick is you can leap into the fray, specifically towards the squishies in the back of the enemy formation, drop your divine light circle and then either start whacking people or parry up and attract fire while your allies move up. Ideally, friendly barbarians and other melees are leaping up with you and being healed now by your circle. If it's an open field fight this will cause the enemy to fall back and then you (and other Templars) repeat the process. The heal puddle you dropped in enemy lines is now where your own backline people are standing to get healed as the formation moves up.

Also, ideally, during a zerg fight you have multiple Paladins doing this and it turns into a leapfrog. Someone's heal circle is up with the enemy, pushing them back while someone else's older heal circle is now where the friendly zerg is standing (but it was the front line heal circle 10 seconds ago).

In these conditions what you actually don't want to do is stand with the friendly zerg because this isn't very useful and also it just means you don't get much use out of your circles because they keep moving past it.

Paladins are a lot less useful if your line is retreating but if that's happening it's probably because the Paladins are dead...

I don't know where that tier list came from but it's meaningless without specifying what role you are trying to fill. A paladin is useless in a ranged group zerg fight. They are good for melee dive but you have to specify the role they are trying to fill. Sitting around with a ranged group your healing is F tier. 

1 hour ago, Fizbun said:

I don't know where that tier list came from but it's meaningless without specifying what role you are trying to fill. A paladin is useless in a ranged group zerg fight. They are good for melee dive but you have to specify the role they are trying to fill. Sitting around with a ranged group your healing is F tier. 

Except Bearers Insignia pretty much makes this possible still wouldn't be the best option since the Paladin should be in the front lines.