Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

7.100 Public Test Server Feedback for 8/20/2021

Test Patch Notes,  and Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported

Please share any bugs you noticed while playing the game, these are objective issues with gameplay. Overall feedback or opinions on systems should be directed to Test Feedback

If you can provide us with the steps you used to create the bug (reproducible steps), an image or even a short video clip that would be ideal and aid us in getting the bug entered properly into our tracking software. Additionally, if you run across a bug on LIVE, can you please try to reproduce it on our Test server as well and let us know if you're successful. 

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs, or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com. 

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Please do something about Secutor's promotion skills. I am 100% on board with the changes to PDM and Armor and Armor pen/break tweaks, but now Redirected strikes is a really bad pickup, and Full strength will always feel bad being so conditional like it is. This makes both promotion nodes are extremely bad and really do anything for the Secutor, or give it any real identity.

Edited by UnderGrowth

Description  of "Fly you Fools" on the "Field Surgeon" Major Disc is misleading. Specifically the targeting portion within the description.  Discipline states " targeted allies" multiple times.   The actual effect is only applicable to group members, and states such when viewed under current passives.

4 hours ago, Balathan said:

unknown.png

This is now a useless talent. If it doesn't stack with any of the other 5% PDM buffs that have way higher up time why do we have this as a node?

Noticing a similar problem with the Myrmidon passive "Unstoppable". Not that anyone picks that up but I don't think talent tree passives should take up the buff slot...

3 minutes ago, Delfofthebla said:

Noticing a similar problem with the Myrmidon passive "Unstoppable". Not that anyone picks that up but I don't think talent tree passives should take up the buff slot...

That's ok, Humans passive Pain Tolerance doesn't stack with active buffs either, it only stacks with stat package PDM. Using Guardian rhythms or protection stake just doesn't put a buff on you because it can't stack with Pain Tolerance.

The 2 pronged hit on PDM buffs was probably a bit heavy handed, With the biggest collateral damage being the secutor above all else.

It appears that you cannot exceed 20% total penetration, even if you have multiple valid sources.

So if you have 12% phys penetration, 14% slashing penetration, and then you apply a 10% armor break debuff, you are only benefiting from 20% of your total combined armor penetration. The extra 16% is completely wasted because the new formula in place hard caps it at 20.

Is this actually intended? This is a super counter-intuitive behavior to a casual player. There's nothing in the skill descriptions or combat details that explains that you cannot stack damage penetration as well as armor reduction debuffs. The details page implies that you can have 20% phys pen as well as 20% slashing pen, and there's nothing at all that clues you into the fact that armor break counts towards that cap.

I foresee a lot of players mistakenly picking up disciplines, abilities, or equipment in hopes of stacking these completely separate effects not knowing that it's now impossible to do so. If this is actually intended, I highly recommend updating the Armor Penetration tooltips in the Details pane to properly explain this behavior.

14 minutes ago, UnderGrowth said:

That's ok, Humans passive Pain Tolerance doesn't stack with active buffs either, it only stacks with stat package PDM. Using Guardian rhythms or protection stake just doesn't put a buff on you because it can't stack with Pain Tolerance.

The 2 pronged hit on PDM buffs was probably a bit heavy handed, With the biggest collateral damage being the secutor above all else.

Nice. I'm really hoping this is just the first pass and we'll see a lot of changes over the next week or two...

Edited by Delfofthebla

Let's not forget how much this buffs hammer chuckers.  Holy damage is only mitigated by PD.  A 45% reduction to PD is a 45% increase in damage for an already OP damage type.

They obviously just change things without looking at it holistically. Surprised?

Why are we still getting siege equipment for rewards on dregs when we can't import it? And when can we get consumables imported into campaign

Maeve should be 15% HP. better yet get rid of it or change it

This doesn't make sense. It should be the opposite where we can only claim during a Siege window

Players can no longer build the tree of life sapling in the middle of the siege schedule. This prevents players at the start of a campaign from feeding the tree of life for the first time inside of a siege window

Edited by yianni

1 hour ago, Delfofthebla said:

It appears that you cannot exceed 20% total penetration, even if you have multiple valid sources.

So if you have 12% phys penetration, 14% slashing penetration, and then you apply a 10% armor break debuff, you are only benefiting from 20% of your total combined armor penetration. The extra 16% is completely wasted because the new formula in place hard caps it at 20.

Is this actually intended? This is a super counter-intuitive behavior to a casual player. There's nothing in the skill descriptions or combat details that explains that you cannot stack damage penetration as well as armor reduction debuffs. The details page implies that you can have 20% phys pen as well as 20% slashing pen, and there's nothing at all that clues you into the fact that armor break counts towards that cap.

I foresee a lot of players mistakenly picking up disciplines, abilities, or equipment in hopes of stacking these completely separate effects not knowing that it's now impossible to do so. If this is actually intended, I highly recommend updating the Armor Penetration tooltips in the Details pane to properly explain this behavior.

Nice. I'm really hoping this is just the first pass and we'll see a lot of changes over the next week or two...

So In regards to specifically the Physical Pen + Slashing Pen aspect. The way it works is the Phys Pen is a component that contributes and raises all the subsequently listed penetrations. By having 10% physical pen you have ( and wills subsequently be listed) 10% in slashing, crushing and Piercing. This is also how Resist all works alongside Physical resist etc. And same with mitigations.

In terms of the total combined value of penetration AND debuffs not exceeding 20% it wasn't explicitly stated that way in the Blair post ( granted the post didn't use particularly good terminology in general) but it's highly possible it's very much intended.

The entire armor>resists>final mitigations, debuffs systems, and the nomenclature needs a rework.

You have "armor breaks" which don't actually break armor. They remove resistances or they remove final mitigations. Nothing should remove final mitigations. Final mitigations should simply be an equation of your armor + resistances up to your hard cap. Remove buffs and debuffs from this equation. Buffs and debuffs should only change your armor and your resistances.

unknown.png

Here is an example.

unknown.png

This debuff does not touch armor or resistances. It simply subtracts from final mitigations, which again, should not be a stat that can be manipulated outside of the stats that feed it (armor and resistances).

unknown.png

This one actually reduces ice resistances like it says it does. Also, it is still 15%. Is this because it is not actually an 'armor break'? I don't think there is a single 'armor break' talent in the game, something that actually reduces someone's actual armor value. FWIW, these 2 abilities stack. -25% to ice mitigation.

If something lowers armor, call it an armor break.

If something lowers resistances, call it a resistance debuff.

Rework everything that reduces final mitigations to either armor breaks or resistance debuffs.

Edited by Yoink

aeei5jG.png

7 hours ago, Balathan said:

unknown.png

This is now a useless talent. If it doesn't stack with any of the other 5% PDM buffs that have way higher up time why do we have this as a node?

This is now perhaps one of the most useless talents ever.

If you're going to do changes, actually look at everything. Don't just do blanket changes with no thought of how it effects each thing individually.

Edited by Ussiah

I thought there was supposed to be an improvement to shadows rewards?  Honestly you need to reward specifically the highest scoring players on each faction not just everyone that participates.  That is driving the faction switching.  If you have to actually score a certain amount then faction switching will be less likely.  There also should be less points for crafting, especially lower tier crafting that doesnt require a discipline.  Non discipline crafting should be 0 reward and everything else should be a fraction of what it currently rewards you.

If a base class gets leather and mail, but the promo doesn't get plate, there is an inconsistency - they only get 500 resist all (instead of the 1000 called for by the system).

See: Radical, Crusader

Edit: Doing this system is very bad anyway, and is actually a nerf to plate and mail because I get 2000 resist all just for having access to plate, which makes me less likely to wear anything but leather.

Put buffs on the armor values of plate and mail. I would do 1.5x mail 2x plate

Edited by McTan

Look, i'm really trying here...trying to hold the torch and tell myself that this game is somehow going to "turn-around"; but seriously can you guys just have ONE person focus on making a REAL map layout???

This is just insane!  I can log into someone's Eternal Kingdom and see more thought out and well placed parcels than ANY map you guys have even come up with since release.  Why is EVERY MAP THE SAME EXACT COPY PASTED CAMPS AND PARCELS!!!

I cant even bother logging into the test server anymore because i'm just beyond disappointed as soon as I run around a map and realize, yup, BORING!!!  No well thought out camp zones, no strategically placed forts/keeps/res points...just one big SPLAT of random janky mini maps.

You guys have seriously got to get SOME form of reason behind what were fighting over so we have a POINT to hold/capture and adventure thru this computer generated wasteland of trees/rocks/BOREDOM.

PLEASE, put a dev on making some rolling plains, ravines, choke-points, bridges, DIFFERENT MOB CAMP LAY-OUTS... this is just getting stupid.

(you cannot expect people to actually WANT to test this for you when your focus is constantly on MASSIVE CLASS REVAMPS/CHANGES vs giving us an ACTUAL WORLD THAT MAKES US WANT TO HOLD AREAS AND FIGHT FOR SOMETHING!!!) do class changes AFTER you get the world fixed.

P.S.  You guys actually took all that time to "revamp" damage/stats AGAIN when all you had to do was give AC a blanket rolling increase across the board which WOULD HAVE FIXED THE DESPARITY BETWEEN LEATHER/CHAIN/PLATE.

Edited by Wrain

2 hours ago, McTan said:

If a base class gets leather and mail, but the promo doesn't get plate, there is an inconsistency - they only get 500 resist all (instead of the 1000 called for by the system).

See: Radical, Crusader

Edit: Doing this system is very bad anyway, and is actually a nerf to plate and mail because I get 2000 resist all just for having access to plate, which makes me less likely to wear anything but leather.

Put buffs on the armor values of plate and mail. I would do 1.5x mail 2x plate

Nah, the promotion class based buffs are the better way to do it honestly. but what needs to happen is those capstones need to give it as Armor Class not as Resist all, Like I mentioned above.