Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

www.crowfall.com is a lie

Kurgos

When you open the main webpage you are greeted with this line.

MASSIVE PVP SIEGES. RAIDING PARTIES. WORLD DOMINATION. CHOOSE YOUR BATTLE. CROWFALL.

This is 100% a consumer lie. Massive pvp sieges are more like massive pve sieges in who can kill the dam trees fast enough to end the seige. Not Who fought the best for the keep or the most tactfully. Raiding parties lmao if parties of five are raiding parties we have a huge problem. World domination set on shet times that most people can't make even when they live in time zone, F off and more importantly what battles do we get to choose? Nothing? people dont pvp in this game they just back cap and hunt harvesters and gank people farming gold. There are no battles to choose ACE sets up the shet times for all forts and keeps and we are forced to log on and fight then. Crowfall is the slave simulator. Do this dont do that do this now dont do it when you want to. You want to harvest get jumped by pvpers. You want to pvp run around looking for pver's. This game is nothing like what the development team promised us. Its a shet show. Player numbers are low and the devs aren't doing shet to fix it and if I had to guess sense there in texas and covid is surging there they will put everything on hold and slow work down on the game to a crawl. This game is done.

54 minutes ago, Kurgos said:

MASSIVE PVP SIEGES. RAIDING PARTIES. WORLD DOMINATION. CHOOSE YOUR BATTLE. CROWFALL.

This is 100% a consumer lie. Massive pvp sieges are more like massive pve sieges in who can kill the dam trees fast enough to end the seige. Not Who fought the best for the keep or the most tactfully. Raiding parties lmao if parties of five are raiding parties we have a huge problem. World domination set on shet times that most people can't make even when they live in time zone, F off and more importantly what battles do we get to choose? Nothing? people dont pvp in this game they just back cap and hunt harvesters and gank people farming gold. There are no battles to choose ACE sets up the shet times for all forts and keeps and we are forced to log on and fight then. Crowfall is the slave simulator. Do this dont do that do this now dont do it when you want to. You want to harvest get jumped by pvpers. You want to pvp run around looking for pver's. This game is nothing like what the development team promised us. Its a shet show. Player numbers are low and the devs aren't doing shet to fix it and if I had to guess sense there in texas and covid is surging there they will put everything on hold and slow work down on the game to a crawl. This game is done.

Hah why are you still here? Time to move on buddy. What other games are you and your Ebola mates onto now?

It's pointless engaging in what you wrote. Meanwhile we are happily having fun in the game, despite MARKETING TERMS. 

Edited by LashLash

2 hours ago, Kurgos said:

This is 100% a consumer lie. Massive pvp sieges are more like massive pve sieges 

You ever see a player interaction around the bane trees?

If yes, that's PvP.

Edited by Ildryn

While we're on this topic, let's not forget a bunch of the other stuff that was advertised/promised but either never made it into the game or was cut somewhere along the line.

Also, while  I was skimming through their news pages, I spotted this. Remember when they wanted the bank UI to look like this? What went so horribly wrong? 😂 - https://i.imgur.com/TuVnUWx.png

These are just off the top of my head, I'm sure there's a bunch of other features that were advertised at some point and didn't make it into the game.

Edited by macavity

IHaKjRO.png

"Crowfall's evolution has been interesting: when we started, the game leaned much more heavily on survival mechanics. over time we added more and more strategy and pulled the survival mechanics. by launch, we'll be the most strategic virtual universe (IMO surpassing Eve Online)" - J. Todd Coleman, January 5th 2020

7 hours ago, macavity said:

While we're on this topic, let's not forget a bunch of the other stuff .

*GASP* you mean to say that a game in active development can change???  Time to join the crusade because that's just unthinkable!

21 minutes ago, calqulon said:

*GASP* you mean to say that a game in active development can change???  Time to join the crusade because that's just unthinkable!

What is the point of your reply? I just wrote up a small comprehensive list of things that were advertised at one point, I didn't say that I was for or against anything.

IHaKjRO.png

"Crowfall's evolution has been interesting: when we started, the game leaned much more heavily on survival mechanics. over time we added more and more strategy and pulled the survival mechanics. by launch, we'll be the most strategic virtual universe (IMO surpassing Eve Online)" - J. Todd Coleman, January 5th 2020

As a member of a large alliance operating in Dregs, I am participating in a large-scale siege fights with tactics and positioning, spec groups, scouting and so on at least multiple times a week.

While due to unfortunate design choices (e.g. bad chat, bad guild application process, bad new player experience) this large scale siege experience is not available to the general public, it is inaccurate to state that it is not available in the game.