Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mobs popping you out of stealth...

Jaguar

New player here and I got to level 30 (blackguard) and had a go in the full PvP area of the tutorial world. 

I am playing solo at the moment and have done some PvP, but if feels like almost every mob type is able to pop me out of stealth, both in mob zones and at outposts.   The little underhill guys may be the exception (maybe the group boss was able to see me, can't remember). 

As a result, either when I am hunting for PvP or someone jumps me while I am trying to farm, and I do the right thing by hitting my ultimate and going into stealth, the mobs pop me out of stealth what seems like every single time.   Do I have a mistaken impression? 

I understand the game isn't really tailored much at all for solo play, but I had high hopes that it would at least be viable and fun (like shadowbane was).  Obviously you can survive playing solo, but the opportunities for fun seem like they are few and far between given how stealthers have to worry about mobs in addition to other players.

In addition to veeshan's tip about looking for the "I can see you" icon on mobs, also keep in mind that any attack or damage breaks your stealth, and that most mobs use cone or AoE attacks. In general, if you're too near a mob that is in combat it is extremely likely you'll take a stray hit, and some mobs (druids, pistoleers, etc.) have long range cones that are also likely to hit you if they're facing your direction and they cast that ability.

In addition to those two things, remember that some mob types are also using stealth. Both Aracoix and Sun Elves employ assassins, up to raid boss rank. Like players, if you do not have an active perception ability you will not be able to see these enemies until they reveal themselves with an attack, or are revealed by taking damage.

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

14 hours ago, Jaguar said:

I understand the game isn't really tailored much at all for solo play, but I had high hopes that it would at least be viable and fun (like shadowbane was).  Obviously you can survive playing solo, but the opportunities for fun seem like they are few and far between given how stealthers have to worry about mobs in addition to other players.

Solo play is definitely viable and fun with plenty of opportunities for solo combat. Other players have to worry about all mobs, you have to worry about one out of ten.