Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crowfall Zergs and why they're a good thing

Anthrage

In this video, I detail some of the logistics involved in Crowfall sieges, why zergs are necessary and how they are actually used, and illuminate some of the challenges involved in doing multiple sieges at the same time. If you think zerging is all about a big dumb ball, this one is for you.

Zergs are definitely good, provided the game is designed for them and in many ways, Crowfall is not. Keeps are one of the few places where Zergs work out fairly well but even there we could stand to see some better design elements -- ways to spread people out instead of encouraging such large piles.

planetside does a really good job of this

I can understand why it would be fun for the commanders/leaders to have all these forces moving around, playing off information, relocating forces strategically, etc.  My question is how fun is it for the average guild member.  Like in this video you say your attack is pretty much a forgone conclusion from the start because of numbers, does the average player find that engagement fun? I'm truly asking because I play in small guild, mostly in FvF, and the equal number ZvZ fights are really fun, the lopsided ones are not.  Handshake sieges might make all this a moot point tho.

I guess maybe starting question is what is "good" does good = fun, does good = winning, does good = challenging, some combination or something else entirely?

Edited by Curbsnugglin

It's fun winning, and it's fun to feel part of an organized "greater unit" striving towards a common goal. Is the individual tactical play interesting and fun? I would say from experience rarely. But imagine how many millions of people around the world find attending/watching sporting events fun and they don't even participate at all. I don't think it is too crazy to suggest that being part of an large organized guild siege is fun - it's just fun in a very different way than how 5v5 group fights are fun.