Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

7.000 Live Feedback for 8/26/2021

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game on the most recent patch. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

So apparently player models draw at 75m.

That is WAAAAAAY too short.

Consider that some classes can start attacking at 65m. You need to be able to *see* opponents at long distances. It's fine if the nameplate doesn't render, but their character models, or even just some kind of placeholder should be visible. It's so jarring to have players just "pop in" so close like it's Vanilla WoW or something.

Heard this simple idea from some friends and wanted to voice my support for it: The quality and sacrifice value of player skulls should scale with the vessel quality the defeated player had equipped. This would allow players skulls to continue to be sacrificed beyond level 30. After all, successfully defeating and executing players is the highest accomplishment in combat. The quality of the awarded skulls should reflect this accomplishment.

lAFxbyP.png

What is the counterplay to this? As far as I can tell, there isn't any except "Press Q and run away". That's not very interactive gameplay.

For the record, I feel the same way about Assassin burst and honestly most skills in this game. Everything just hits. Dodge doesn't dodge, projectiles aren't blocked by obstacles once they've been fired.

Skills are hitting for insane chunks of players' health considering there is nothing they can do to avoid them.

Thought on something for campaign reward, A warehouse building for an EK would be a rather nice reward could be something for wealth tokens when your move to that system.
Warehouse would be a somewhat small building that has alot of chest slots in like 10-14 or so i think would be good. Would make it easier for guilds to organise there EKs and things like that.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

16 hours ago, Jayko said:

Heard this simple idea from some friends and wanted to voice my support for it: The quality and sacrifice value of player skulls should scale with the vessel quality the defeated player had equipped. This would allow players skulls to continue to be sacrificed beyond level 30. After all, successfully defeating and executing players is the highest accomplishment in combat. The quality of the awarded skulls should reflect this accomplishment.

Once I have the extra mats I could then win trade skulls all day. Maybe there could be some type of market, where I slaughter alts all day to collect epic skulls to sell. 

Crazy Idea/Suggestion

(soft-lock factions in campaigns....for real.  No, really, can you please add this soon?  Like yesterday?  Offer benefits to selecting another faction when joining, but lock it, to even out factions.  Letting guilds do it once a day does nothing to solve the problem.  That "limit" doesn't help.)

Now here's the actual idea...Unguilded players are a 4th faction.  The *REAL* Chaos faction.  They are the anti-faction.  They can uncap forts, outposts, etc., preventing other factions from gaining points.  Some might say the troll-faction. but it really, they owe no allegiance.  They get no rewards from the gods at the end, but it also motivates folks to guild up and doesn't prevent them from going solo.

Did I mention soft-locking Factions in a campaign?

Last suggestion, soft-lock Factions....  please?

For real, the extra-punitive (catch-up mechanic) that causes a faction to lose almost all the the points they gained while holding a keep, just further feeds into Factions not meaning anything, because the zerg just gets all the points back as they blob all over the factions.  And those that stay loyal are getting boned.

Edited by Solstar

Guineas are the best harvesters and crafters in the game, for all types. This is insanity. You need to rebalance around the extra ring slot in some significant way, or just give everyone 3 ring slots to make this not true. Apologies to vet guilds who knew this and blitzed all guineas, but this is going to frustrate the hell out of new players that grind to legendary harvesters and crafters only to find they should have been guineas.

Edited by McTan

17 hours ago, mystafyi said:

Once I have the extra mats I could then win trade skulls all day. Maybe there could be some type of market, where I slaughter alts all day to collect epic skulls to sell. 

put a cooldown on skull drops? lets say u drop 1 skull every 30 minutes they only sac for 100 xp anyway though tbh so ur better off killing a couple of mobs. I do like the idea though of skull quality going up based on level of the vessel or quality so lego skull from level 35 purple from 34 and so on.
Im kinda collecting skulls in the EK so this would be nice for me just seeing the level of vessel via colour also wouldnt mind seeing who killed the person to tagged on the skull (like crafted items but in this case it killer) too tbh but might be a little harder to code that.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

6 hours ago, Solstar said:

Crazy Idea/Suggestion

(soft-lock factions in campaigns....for real.  No, really, can you please add this soon?  Like yesterday?  Offer benefits to selecting another faction when joining, but lock it, to even out factions.  Letting guilds do it once a day does nothing to solve the problem.  That "limit" doesn't help.)

Now here's the actual idea...Unguilded players are a 4th faction.  The *REAL* Chaos faction.  They are the anti-faction.  They can uncap forts, outposts, etc., preventing other factions from gaining points.  Some might say the troll-faction. but it really, they owe no allegiance.  They get no rewards from the gods at the end, but it also motivates folks to guild up and doesn't prevent them from going solo.

Did I mention soft-locking Factions in a campaign?

Last suggestion, soft-lock Factions....  please?

For real, the extra-punitive (catch-up mechanic) that causes a faction to lose almost all the the points they gained while holding a keep, just further feeds into Factions not meaning anything, because the zerg just gets all the points back as they blob all over the factions.  And those that stay loyal are getting boned.

I feel spring time should be used to figure out what faction you on and once summer hits you can no longer change factions in Shadows and in dregs you can leave but can no longer join another faction after spring passes.
in FvF you could do as u say have a chaos faction (kinda like pirate faction in archage) where you can leave the faction your in but will no longer be able to rejoin another one after summer hits.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

1 hour ago, veeshan said:

I feel spring time should be used to figure out what faction you on and once summer hits you can no longer change factions in Shadows and in dregs you can leave but can no longer join another faction after spring passes.
in FvF you could do as u say have a chaos faction (kinda like pirate faction in archage) where you can leave the faction your in but will no longer be able to rejoin another one after summer hits.

If the campaigns stay short, sure. But we want to make sure players are getting rewards for playing. 

Can we get the thrall crafting benches for other profession yet atm only blacksmiths get the thrall crafting bench which grants 20% thrall power (granted via kickstarter) where no other crafters can get it yet, seems like a bit of an advanatage to those that primarly use blacksmithing items over those who use woodworking/leatherworking and what not equipment.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

2 hours ago, Solstar said:

If the campaigns stay short, sure. But we want to make sure players are getting rewards for playing. 

they get the rewards of the faction they started with not the rewards that the winning faction gets when they all jump to that faction a day before it finishes

Veeshan Midst of UXA

If the game is only going to render players once they're already in your face, could we maybe get the "fog" effect from some of the swamp areas in the entire rest of the game? It would feel more realistic.

6 hours ago, nihilsupernum said:

If the game is only going to render players once they're already in your face, could we maybe get the "fog" effect from some of the swamp areas in the entire rest of the game? It would feel more realistic.

Let go full bird box. change the lore to where we have to wear blindfolds to avoid the 'crow spirits'. We wouldn't have to fix dodge or hit boxes or anything. :)

For the accessory slots, it appears all "badge" items are sigils, and all belt items are totems. (Are the back slot items all relics?) If this is the case, why use different terminology? Having that key word match the item and the slot would make it easier to find them.
For example change "Accessory slot: Badge" on the character sheet  to "Accessory slot: Sigil"