Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Are Vassals Allowed to Load an EK?

Solstar

Vassals only have permissions on a certain plot of land.

Nobles own a piece of land itself.

The developers decided to tie the ability to load the EK to who owns land in the EK. Only Nobles own land, so only Nobles can load the EK.

Edited by ChthonicOne

22 hours ago, ChthonicOne said:

The developers decided to tie the ability to load the EK to who owns land in the EK.

Not exactly.

You can decide a player is a Noble in your EK and give them permission to place zero cells of parcels.
Therefore you could have a player who can load the EK without owning lands anywhere.

On the other hand giving some players the ability to load an EK imply all Noble chests of EK are accesible by them. 

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano

2 hours ago, RikForFun said:

Not exactly.

You can decide a player is a Noble in your EK and give them permission to place zero cells of parcels.
Therefore you could have a player who can load the EK without owning lands anywhere.

On the other hand giving some players the ability to load an EK imply all Noble chests of EK are accesible by them. 

That's not exactly true either. Not all noble chests are necessarily accessible to all nobles. Me and my friends have a setup where we have shared noble chests which are only accessible to us, while other nobles cannot access them due to restrictions on who can pass through the gates and walls. Enough testing with different characters has ensured that one cannot bypass the walls, so the chests cannot be accessed just by any noble, just those nobles that are also vassals to that particular plot of land.

20 hours ago, ChthonicOne said:

other nobles cannot access them due to restrictions on who can pass through the gates and walls.

Truly interesting.

Possibly I'll manage to have a similar setup.

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano