Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Righteous Parry inconsistent dmg, bug or no?

Skoolbus

Been playing the game for a couple weeks now almost exclusively Vindi and I've noticed Righteous Parry dmg being extremely inconsistent even on war camp mobs.

For example, one day I'll log on and hit up the war camp and be doing 1200-1400 unbuffed RP crits. Next day at the same camp I'll be doing only 500 unbuffed RP crits. What's the deal here? am I missing something? Is there a bug I'm unaware of and can avoid? I can't really find any post/vid detailing this so if I am the only one seeing this then I must be doing something wrong yeah?
I did a little bit amateur testing and it just made me even more confused.

This was with the exact same blue war camp mail gear while switching out weapons and without any buffs and same type of mob for each parry hit.

Purple GS @ 101dmg = 500-550 RP crits
Blue GS @ 87dmg = 1k RP crits
re-equipped purple GS @ 101dmg and it started doing 800 RP crits

There was no crit dmg on either weapons just crit chance which should have no effect on the dmg right?

It's like my vindi is moody af

If an attack kills a mob it will only display its remaining health as the dmg dealt. So if you would normally do 2000 but the mob is at 50 HP, you see 50 damage.

Could this be the issue?

aeei5jG.png

10 hours ago, Yoink said:

If an attack kills a mob it will only display its remaining health as the dmg dealt. So if you would normally do 2000 but the mob is at 50 HP, you see 50 damage.

Could this be the issue?

Maybe, but I doubt it; I have noticed a similar issue.  Now, it could also be the type of mob or the type of armor on a player I suppose. However, parry damage is inconsistent at best.

17 hours ago, Yoink said:

Could this be the issue?

I was testing each parry hit on mobs at or near 100% health to avoid this.

4 hours ago, Yoink said:

are the mobs the same level, you do much less dmg if the mobs are higher level than you

I made sure to test the parrys on lvl 34 mobs. While I understand that my dmg overall might be lower, my question is more towards the inconsistency of the dmg. As in, why was an 87dmg blue greatsword doing more parry dmg than a 101dmg purple greatsword on the same type and lvl mob?

Remember this was all unbuffed, just aggro -> parry stance -> parry.

28 minutes ago, Skoolbus said:

why was an 87dmg blue greatsword doing more parry dmg than a 101dmg purple greatsword on the same type and lvl mob?

If it wasn't any of the other reasons then Id have to see a video. No other reason I can think of why that would be.

aeei5jG.png

Yeah I've also noticed, but these things take time. Devs might get to it eventually, just like the dmg mitigation / resists that were apparently broken for at least a year.

Edited by Mookzen

Riddle me this:

How is the guy getting 5500 righteous parry hits in this video: https://www.reddit.com/r/crowfall/comments/pe92u2/small_scale_roaming_on_a_meme_build/

For sure he has nice gear but the numbers still don't make sense. +30% crit damage and +10% damage bonus above what you can get in crap gear doesn't account for dealing about 3x damage.

Somewhere around here there's a screenshot of a guy doing over 9k on a righteous parry.

Makes me wonder if something is broken with righteous parry in particular. Likely it's a combination of switching to holy damage too but that's not the full picture either. Bypassing mitigation doesn't normally blow your numbers up to that extent either.

2 hours ago, Slamz said:

Riddle me this:

How is the guy getting 5500 righteous parry hits in this video: https://www.reddit.com/r/crowfall/comments/pe92u2/small_scale_roaming_on_a_meme_build/

For sure he has nice gear but the numbers still don't make sense. +30% crit damage and +10% damage bonus above what you can get in crap gear doesn't account for dealing about 3x damage.

Somewhere around here there's a screenshot of a guy doing over 9k on a righteous parry.

Makes me wonder if something is broken with righteous parry in particular. Likely it's a combination of switching to holy damage too but that's not the full picture either. Bypassing mitigation doesn't normally blow your numbers up to that extent either.

Something is odd, I've started looking into it. Tried to reproduce the big hits and couldn't.

The large hits seem to be vs assassins, maybe they have a talent or ability that is broken and makes them take extra dmg, like a decimal point in the wrong spot or a value inverted to a negative. Look at these 2 screenshots, Both are vs assassins and I don't even have the holy warrior buff up during them. I went back and checked all the footage, the only times I saw numbers this big was vs. assassins.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Edited by Yoink

aeei5jG.png

Yeah, I'm kinda hoping some MMORPG stat nerds show up, basically, to explain it to us. 😜

Like, okay, let's say a normal non-crit parry on this build would do 1000 damage. The target has 30% mitigation so 700 damage. But we're doing holy damage so that's back up to 1000. It's a crit and we have awesome gear so we're doing 190% damage on a crit so the crit hits for 1900. Then damage bonus adds on to the end of that and we're pimped out rolling +40% damage bonus so our crit is for 2660, final answer.

That's roughly what we see in the 1v1 portion of your video. That was the fight that made sense and the numbers all looked normal to me "for a Vindi with nice gear". Like, good hits, but nothing that makes me go "wtf".

The 5500 damage hit I just can't fathom. Maybe the target is running Glass Cannon so he's taking 10% more but that's not getting us anywhere near 5500. And I wish I could find that screenshot of the Vindi hitting for 9k. It was in some general forum complaint thread I think but I can't find it. These kinds of numbers should be impossible, I believe, or we super misunderstand some game mechanic.

There's gotta be some weird stacking issue with buffs/debuffs but we're not looking for a subtle 10% or 20%. It's more like somewhere the damage is being doubled beyond what +critical damage and +damage bonus are saying. Kinda ties into this thread -- what is this mysterious inconsistency?

8 minutes ago, Slamz said:

Yeah, I'm kinda hoping some MMORPG stat nerds show up, basically, to explain it to us. 😜

With the stats and buffs I was running it's more like 1000 damage * 44% (1.44) slashing damage bonus * 11% (1.11) Melee Damage bonus * 44% (1.44) final damage mod * 95% (1.95) crit damage * 10% (1.1) if they are running glass cannon.

This puts a 1000 damage base attack to 4937, and that is a lot closer to what we are seeing. This is assuming a parry's base damage is 1000, I don't think we actually know what it is.

Edited by Yoink

aeei5jG.png

Well, Vindi slashing damage bonus is 40% (also the cap for slashing damage) just standing naked in town because of the Inner Fire talent so I was kinda baking that in. But regardless, if it was that simple then we should expect every righteous parry to hit for 5k, less their mitigation. Then the big mystery would be why they sometimes only hit for 2k against an opponent that isn't doing active blocks. Where are they getting that much mitigation from? That's more variance than is allowed for in mitigation caps, I think.

So even if we accept that 5500 damage is a perfectly typical parry, we're still left with the question of where the wild variation is coming from.

3 minutes ago, Slamz said:

Well, Vindi slashing damage bonus is 40% (also the cap for slashing damage) just standing naked in town because of the Inner Fire talent so I was kinda baking that in. But regardless, if it was that simple then we should expect every righteous parry to hit for 5k, less their mitigation. Then the big mystery would be why they sometimes only hit for 2k against an opponent that isn't doing active blocks. Where are they getting that much mitigation from? That's more variance than is allowed for in mitigation caps, I think.

So even if we accept that 5500 damage is a perfectly typical parry, we're still left with the question of where the wild variation is coming from.

well my cap slash cap is 45% from my vessel, same with my FDM at 44%, not everyone has that crit dmg or 11% melee modifier and we are assuming glass cannon on the target here. I prob also have higher dmg weapon and AP

Edited by Yoink

aeei5jG.png