Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

We need some belt additive improvements.

Wynta

So right now the crafting belt additives are very poorly implemented to where you basically need to ask someone what they do and hope to god they know what they are talking about.  Right now there are 2:  Helper Monkey and Risk Management.

When I was leveling my Leg/Leg Leatherworker then Woodworker I was told that both do the same thing except Helper Monkey give a bonus to assembly so go Helper Monkey.

What people didn't tell me was that Risk Management gives 5% reduced Dust cost for reroll and factory copies, bringing the total reduction to 30%.

What people also don't tell you is that for almost all crafts except the final assembly (like the actually vessel/bow/armor) your success chance is almost always 98%.  And even final crafts can be cheesed to 95+ without the belt modifier. 

I know that many people are in my shoes I propose that a recipe be added to the Specialty Tools tab where you upgrade belts.  The ingredients being a belt with the additive and another coin.  the result being switching the bonus.

Alternatively with the same recipe as above add a 3rd coin that is 5-10k that will just alternate the coined belt to the same quality with the other coin.

This doesn't address the fact that these coins need to have the stats they add to it like any other crafting component.

Helper Monkey: +5 General Crafting Assembly, +5 Experiment Difficulty Reduction.

Risk Management: +5 Additional Risk Difficulty, +5% Partial Re-roll Cost Modifier.

Lastly separate "Partial Re-roll cost Modifier" into "Partial Re-roll cost modifier" and "Factory Copy Dust Cost Modifier"  so that you understand that it does both.

23 minutes ago, Wynta said:

What people didn't tell me was that Risk Management gives 5% reduced Dust cost for reroll and factory copies, bringing the total reduction to 30%.

To be fair this change only went up on test 35 minutes ago.

unknown.png

aeei5jG.png

Honest didn't know it was a recent change, I was just curious what it did so I logged onto the test server to make one and noticed that stat.  With that being a recent change I really do hope that they would also add a method to change so they can further add and balance additives without those that made them early missing out.