Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Group Loot Options


DEV-Tiggs
 Share

Recommended Posts

Summary
Some players are frustrated that they do not have fine control over how loot is handled within their group. For this reason, we need to add loot options that will allow players to more fairly distribute loot that is granted from killing NPCs.

Group Loot Options

  • One of the following loot types is selected for each Loot Category:
  • Free For All - Any player can loot any item freely
  • Split Evenly - This option is only enabled for Gold and distributes stacks of gold amongst all group members alive within the valid loot range (100m currently)
  • When the gold cannot be distributed evenly, the player who attempted to loot the gold gets the remainder
  • Roll or Pass - This option allows players to Roll on loot to see which group member receives it (See Roll or Pass below)


UI: New loot options group UI

image1.png

Loot Options are split into the following categories:

  • Gold
    • Gold loot can be set to "Free For All" or "Split Evenly"
    • Default: Split Evenly
  • Item Loot Categories
    • All Item loot categories can be set to "Free for All" or "Roll or Pass"
    • Loot is split further into rarity based categories:
      • Poor - Default: Free for All
      • Common - Default: Free for All
      • Uncommon - Default: Roll or Pass
      • Rare - Default: Roll or Pass
      • Epic - Default: Roll or Pass
      • Legendary - Default: Roll or Pass

The Loot Options UI can be accessed by all players in a group.
Players access the loot option UI from the right-click menu on any group member's group unit frame

  • All players can see the groups current loot settings from this menu
  • The group leader can change loot settings using dropdowns from this menu
  • Loot settings cannot be changed while any group member is in combat
    • If this prevents a group leader from changing settings, a popup explains that they cannot change loot settings while group members are in combat.

Loot Rolling (Roll or Pass)
When a loot drop is specified as Roll or Pass, Attempting to loot an item instead triggers a group-wide prompt that has an option to roll to acquire loot, or pass.

rollui (2).png

  • The Roll or Pass prompt is triggered for all players who were group members within the standard loot max range and were not in Crow form when the NPC was defeated (100m max)
    • If a player is removed from the group after the NPC was killed, they can still roll for the item
    • If a player is added to the group after the NPC was killed, they cannot roll for the item
    • If a player enters the standard loot max range after the NPC was killed, they cannot roll for the item
    • If the player happens to be killed at the time as someone loots and generates a loot roll, they can still roll on that loot.
  • Up to two roll or pass, prompts can be displayed at one time, and the rest are queued
  • Players cannot roll on items while their inventory is in overflow
    • The roll option is greyed out, and hovering over it tells the player that they cannot roll on items while their inventory is in overflow
  • When players move to another zone, they automatically Pass on the loot roll, even if they had chosen Roll previously
    • Death should not force an automatic decision
  • Items cannot be looted normally while players are rolling for them
  • All valid players have a set period of time to choose whether or not they will roll
    • After this time passes, making no decision defaults the player to "Pass"
  • Players can choose to roll or pass by pressing key binds (Y or N), or opening a menu and clicking on the prompt
  • Rolling on an item generates a random number (integer between 1 and 100) used to compare against other group members
    • This roll is announced in the Loot Channel in chat to all party members whenever the player rolls
  • After all, players have rolled or passed (even due to timing out), Loot is granted to the player that rolled the highest
    • The item is automatically added to the roll winner's inventory
      • If the winner's inventory is full, the item goes into overflow
    • A chat message in the loot channel will declare the winner to all group members
      • The chat message contains a chat link to the item that they were awarded
    • Loot Rolls appear as integers to the player but are rolled as floats to avoid ties.
    • If all players have passed, the loot remains on the NPC corpse, and can now be looted by any player immediately without triggering another Roll or Pass prompt
    • The corpse decay timer does not begin until all loot rolls have finished
  • Within game settings, players can choose to "Auto Roll," "Auto Pass," or "Prompt" on specific loot rarities whenever the loot type is set to Roll or Pass
    • By default, these options are always set to "Prompt"
    • eg. a Player can auto pass on poor quality items, auto roll on uncommon/rare items, and prompt on epic/legendary items

Dregs Specifics

  • Since Dregs is free for all loot rules, there is potential for a group to “loot” a corpse and while the items are being rolled on, a 3rd party player can come up and also “loot” the corpse. In order to avoid this once, a group member has touched a corpse with loot on it, that corpse is locked to that group.
    • If everyone in the group passes on all the items, the corpse unlocks to FFA loot again.

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wouldn't a better version of these rules in a PvP game to be temporarily placing the items in the inventory of the looter and then transferring them to the proper party members once the rolls are completed?

This removes weird edge cases where you have to do stuff like "locking corpses" in situations where enemies want to contest the loot and retains the ability for gankers to actually kill primary looters and take the loot.

I have concerns the system as written can be abused to just stealth loot everything 90m away from the people farming it. That radius is MASSIVE and if I had this avaliable, in dregs, I would abuse it to just have my scout auto-roll on and loot every single item, while the rest of the group auto-passed, in stealth, nowhere near the group, and never ever lose any loot while funneling it all in to an overflow inventory of potentially infinite size of a guy that could be anywhere in a 100m radius of the main group built entirely to escape with that loot.

Imagine trying to find a guy whos only job is to stay hidden in a circle 200m across with the current perception tools to actually get any loot for killing people, and that guy just leaves the moment you show up.

Edited by PopeUrban
edited to add additional context to illustrate abuse case

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PopeUrban said:

Wouldn't a better version of these rules in a PvP game to be temporarily placing the items in the inventory of the looter and then transferring them to the proper party members once the rolls are completed?

This removes weird edge cases where you have to do stuff like "locking corpses" in situations where enemies want to contest the loot and retains the ability for gankers to actually kill primary looters and take the loot.

I have concerns the system as written can be abused to just stealth loot everything 90m away from the people farming it. That radius is MASSIVE and if I had this avaliable, in dregs, I would abuse it to just have my scout roll on and loot every single item, in stealth, nowhere near the group, and never ever lose any loot.

100m really isnt that massive, when you consider the fact that in most of the hotzones, your floating between 50-100 meters or more away from eachother

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, NaomiLynn said:

100m really isnt that massive, when you consider the fact that in most of the hotzones, your floating between 50-100 meters or more away from eachother

Under this system I have a stealthed looter that never unstealths passively sucking up 100% of the loot in to an infinite sized overflow inventory that can literally walk away as soon as a fight starts, and that stealthed guy can be anywhere within 100m of the people actually doing the fighting, built to do literally nothing but escape with the loot, while never being anywhere near the stuff being looted, recieving all the loot instantly as soon as it is looted because the rest of the group is set to auto-pass, and being able to passively accept and carry an infinite amount of that loot.

This seems like a pretty big deal. At the very least that guy shouldn't be able to be stealthed.

Edited by PopeUrban

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

Under this system I have a stealthed looter that never unstealths passively sucking up 100% of the loot in to an infinite sized overflow inventory that can literally walk away as soon as a fight starts, and that stealthed guy can be anywhere within 100m of the people actually doing the fighting, built to do literally nothing but escape with the loot, while never being anywhere near the stuff being looted, recieving all the loot instantly as soon as it is looted because the rest of the group is set to auto-pass, and being able to passively accept and carry an infinite amount of that loot.

This seems like a pretty big deal. At the very least that guy shouldn't be able to be stealthed.

It's already being done at 50m, just adding another 50m to it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah I think the range should be set to more like 15m.

If I'm a ganker watching a group, I would like to have some idea of who is hoovering up the loot. 100m means a guy standing outside of even default shield visual range is stealthed behind a tree getting all the loot, and that sort of thing would absolutely become meta.

I also think anyone who gets loot should be unstealthed, exactly as if they had looted the pile themselves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Davammas said:

It's already being done at 50m, just adding another 50m to it.

not just adding another 50m, but doing it passively with nobody even having to open an inventory to toss the loot. You hit g, all that loot instantly teleports itself to that guy's inventory.

Like if people are okay with this fine but it seems worth pointing out.

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Slamz said:

Yeah I think the range should be set to more like 15m.

If I'm a ganker watching a group, I would like to have some idea of who is hoovering up the loot. 100m means a guy standing outside of even default shield visual range is stealthed behind a tree getting all the loot, and that sort of thing would absolutely become meta.

I also think anyone who gets loot should be unstealthed, exactly as if they had looted the pile themselves.

15m is nothing.  You basically want people to have to stand shoulder to shoulder?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Roll or Pass" system sounds good but I would like also to see an option to distribute all items (except gold) to all party members in order of picking them up.

For example, let's say there are 4 party members: A, B, C & D.

First NPC was killed and looted by any player of that group, with "loot all option". There were two items - i01, i02 and 100 gold.

Then second NPC was killed and looted - 60 gold and 4 items: i03, i04, i05, i06.

Then third NPC -- 40 gold and 1 item: i07.

Now let's look what loot players got in this system:

Player A - 50 gold (25+15+10), i01, i05

Player B - 50 gold, i02, i06

Player C - 50 gold, i03, i07

Player D - 50 gold, i04.

Now we see that player D got only 1 item but we know that the next potential item i08 will be given to him. This system distributes all items without bothering players about choosing to roll or pass on every single item.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Grimspike said:

"Roll or Pass" system sounds good but I would like also to see an option to distribute all items (except gold) to all party members in order of picking them up.

For example, let's say there are 4 party members: A, B, C & D.

First NPC was killed and looted by any player of that group, with "loot all option". There were two items - i01, i02 and 100 gold.

Then second NPC was killed and looted - 60 gold and 4 items: i03, i04, i05, i06.

Then third NPC -- 40 gold and 1 item: i07.

Now let's look what loot players got in this system:

Player A - 50 gold (25+15+10), i01, i05

Player B - 50 gold, i02, i06

Player C - 50 gold, i03, i07

Player D - 50 gold, i04.

Now we see that player D got only 1 item but we know that the next potential item i08 will be given to him. This system distributes all items without bothering players about choosing to roll or pass on every single item.

 

It's called round robin, and it should definitely be an option IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, xerwolf said:

15m is nothing

It's actually equal to the range of the Duelist "Snipe" ability and 5m further than their Ambush. It's 3x the range of a Brigand's Surprise Strike.

I'm not convinced you recognize how far that is in the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would honestly prefer a system with 3 options: FFA, Round Robin, Master Loot. All options just set looting rights for a given corpse, and require interacting with the corpse (because stealthers). This feels better for a PvP focused game than teleporting loot/gold to players inventories who may not be visible. I would hate to see people abuse the group loot system to deliver gold and items to a stealthing (or even just hiding 100m away) pack mule.

Barring that. Would like the option for Need/Greed/Pass. It would also be nice to have an option for leader to set auto roll on all loot.

Edited by Pystkeebler
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...