Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What's the point of holy warrior?

IceBite

Guiding light gives you 10% fire and 10% holy damage increase. However it is only accessible to templars, and the only templar that really wants damage increases is the vindicator. And the vindicator caps on fire and holy damage without the aura. So what is the point of this useless aura?

57 minutes ago, IceBite said:

Guiding light gives you 10% fire and 10% holy damage increase. However it is only accessible to templars, and the only templar that really wants damage increases is the vindicator. And the vindicator caps on fire and holy damage without the aura. So what is the point of this useless aura?

It changes all damage for that duration to holy damage. Holy damage has no DR. When you are using other major disc abilities that are physical/non-holy it lets them hit as holy. It is a very strong CD. 

56 minutes ago, IceBite said:

Why do you think only Vindi can take it?  Light, fire and protection domains.  Arbiter, Earthkeeper, Crusader, Inquistor, Icecaller, Paladin, Alpha Warrior, Battlerager, Fanatic, Secutor, Sentinel, Fury, Sanctifier and Vindi can all take Transcendent Warrior. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

21 minutes ago, Cruljin said:

It changes all damage for that duration to holy damage. Holy damage has no DR. When you are using other major disc abilities that are physical/non-holy it lets them hit as holy. It is a very strong CD. 

So awkward cross over here - looks like OP means the Major Disc Holy Warrior and not the Templar specific skill (which is also why I clicked on this thread to answer).

I do find it interesting that 10% slashing pen isn't of use to the OP templar though...

Also saying that Fury or Paladin doesn't want dmg increase? I've played a roaming paladin that does good damage, and met better.

Fury is definitely underrated for the damage output one can do.

They ain't Vindi damage, but there isn't much else in the game that is. Just because they aren't a Vindi doesn't mean no damage can be built on them.

6 hours ago, Cruljin said:

the major disc, not the templar ability.

6 hours ago, mandalore said:

Why do you think only Vindi can take it?  Light, fire and protection domains.  Arbiter, Earthkeeper, Crusader, Inquistor, Icecaller, Paladin, Alpha Warrior, Battlerager, Fanatic, Secutor, Sentinel, Fury, Sanctifier and Vindi can all take Transcendent Warrior. 

Ah yes, transcendent warrior. Totally what i said. You're right. Not like the title literally states:
"HOLY WARRIOR" 

made it a bit bigger so maybe this time you'll read before posting.

6 hours ago, HoldHere said:

So awkward cross over here - looks like OP means the Major Disc Holy Warrior and not the Templar specific skill (which is also why I clicked on this thread to answer).

I do find it interesting that 10% slashing pen isn't of use to the OP templar though...

Also saying that Fury or Paladin doesn't want dmg increase? I've played a roaming paladin that does good damage, and met better.

Fury is definitely underrated for the damage output one can do.

They ain't Vindi damage, but there isn't much else in the game that is. Just because they aren't a Vindi doesn't mean no damage can be built on them.

Yeah but if it's already only limited to templar, and it's obviously a damage discipline, why is 50% of it useless for the damage focused subclass of templar?
Seems idiotic to me. If this were to increase cap instead of increase base damage, it'd actually be useful.

11 hours ago, IceBite said:

not sure what you are talking about vindi capping on fire and holy. My holy is at 0% and my fire is at 30% with a cap of 40% which i only reach when i use my nethari racial.

25 minutes ago, Summon_Bero said:

not sure what you are talking about vindi capping on fire and holy. My holy is at 0% and my fire is at 30% with a cap of 40% which i only reach when i use my nethari racial.

So you don't equip gear or use your abilities. Congratulations i guess? 

dont know why you're focusing your anger on everyone in the thread for trying to help but if you think guiding light is bad you should take a look at some of the actual useless discs.

5 hours ago, Summon_Bero said:

dont know why you're focusing your anger on everyone in the thread for trying to help but if you think guiding light is bad you should take a look at some of the actual useless discs.

There’s a whole subsection for Templars but nah. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png