Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can someone please explain range cap and how to increase it?

SiniKGB

I am trying to maximize archery range, and some of the stats (e.g. major runes +range) are not interacting (or reflecting in the detailed stats sheet) the way I expect them to.

There's a base ranged distance for ranged attacks - eg. 15m.

The ranged distance bonus stat will increase the range of these attacks up to a certain point, which is the ranged distance bonus cap. By default, I believe the cap is 20m, so you can potentially get up to 35m range on that 15m attack.

It's relatively easy to get ranged distance bonus in Crowfall, but pretty difficult to get ranged distance bonus cap

Only a few things (ranger talents, Elken racial, compound bow) will increase the cap as far as I know. Everything else is just plain RDB.

If you're trying to optimize, you probably want to aim to have your RDB = RDB Cap so you're not wasting any distance.

I read about some archers managing to get to 75 range. I am nowhere near that, held back by ranger distance bonus cap (RDB). I have only seen +RDB on compound bow, are there any additional sources of RDB that I am missing?

1 hour ago, SiniKGB said:

I read about some archers managing to get to 75 range. I am nowhere near that, held back by ranger distance bonus cap (RDB). I have only seen +RDB on compound bow, are there any additional sources of RDB that I am missing?

Elken racial power, probably, and the compound bow if you don't already have one. I don't think 75m is possible though. I think the limit is 60-something.

1 hour ago, SiniKGB said:

65 meters is the hard cap for base-kit powers like the Basic Attack and Rapid Fire. There are some discipline-granted power that can go to 85, and a few non-bow powers that go to 100m. I'll PM you some info.

Elken

Moon elf heritage minor, could be another one but haven't looked

Buffs like I think Dorion and deadeye not sure

Increasing Majors that will give innate cap bonus increase

Higher tiers of bows such as compound, not sure if spellbow also increases

And archer spec over warden should increase cap distance but i don't have the talent tree up to check but makes sense to me

Not sure off the top of my head if there is Food in the cooking that directly increases cap distance 

52 minutes ago, Represent said:

Moon elf heritage minor, could be another one but haven't looked

Increasing Majors that will give innate cap bonus increase

As I keep upgrading my majors, I discovered they are not giving me cap increase. For example, my blue sharpshooter did not move my max range bonus cap past 48.

While I don't know this for sure, I think moon elf heritage minor, vessel and so on that say "range" do not increase max range bonus cap.

• 2 weeks later...

Default = 15m range, 20m Ranged Distance Cap = 35m Total Range (You need 20m Range Distance to reach cap)

Elken = +5 Range Distance Cap.

Compound Bow = +7m Ranged Distance Cap, ~20m Bonus.

Archer = 21m Ranged Distance Cap, 31 Ranged Distance

So non-elken are 35+21+7= 63m total with Compound.

Elken are 35+21+7+5=65m (IT CAPS AT 65m) So 3 of the Cap bonus for elken is wasted.

Elken can go Spellbound and get 35+21+5=61M with 15% bow charge speed.