Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Twitch Drops only if you're awake?

Dorizzdt

I managed to get the Unicorn drop because I work for a Danish company based in Australia - hence my work hours are abnormal. The twich stream happend at 2AM Australian time, now given most of my fellow aussies would have been asleep on a school/work night - as such their penalty for living normal lives is no drop right?

When RUST run their drop campaigns they nominate several streamers who have given back to the community and you watch them for 2hrs you get the drop etc. I think nearly every other game does this as well.

79kYJ7z.png

I get ACE you live in Austin Texas but if you open a map there are a lot more land masses on this blobby blue globe looking object called the planet. If you watch how the earth rotates around that bright thing in the sky called a Sun, you will make note that when its day time on one side, the other side its dark - we call that "night time".

Just take it as feedback.

Edited by Dorizzdt

You can linger in a forum of a game you dislike and be toxic, or you can just move on play something different. If you can't move on then its probably time for you to seek some mental respite. 

I choose to play Crowfall - problems and all - because its a fun game. Why do you hate fun?

1 minute ago, Dorizzdt said:

I managed to get the Unicorn drop because I work for a Danish company based in Australia - hence my work hours are abnormal. The twich stream happend at 2AM Australian time, now given most of my fellow aussies would have been asleep on a school/work night - as such their penalty for living normal lives is no drop right?

When RUST run their drop campaigns they nominate several streamers who have given back to the community and you watch them for 2hrs you get the drop etc. I think nearly every other game does this as well.

I get ACE you live in Austin Texas but if you open a map there are a lot more land masses on this blobby blue globe looking object called the planet. If you watch how the earth rotates around that bright thing in the sky called a Sun, you will make note that when its day time on one said, the other side its dark - we call that "night time".

Just take it as feedback.

They did it before where they had a weekend available for the twitch drop enabled as well by eligible streamers. Perhaps an oversight this time. They should enable it for multiple streamers to do the twitch drops as they did before. Any word on this @ACE-Tiggs?

I also happened to be up at 2am because of work stuff, but my Aussie guildies should get a chance at the drop as well.

So what I am seeing is "the beatings are going to increase until moral or game audience loses resilience" 

In these times of population sustainment I openly wonder what the marketing strategy is. Is the intent to incentives the audience to grow increasingly negative or is it to try and find ways to win advocates.

I take pot shots at ACE every day because well its the way you can only really vent frustration at some stupid decisions the game has decided to opt for. However, i am growing increasingly worried to be honest that all the time/money I've invested in this product is more and more becoming a one-way dialogue. 

The actual QA session that I watched at 2AM was pretty much nothing to add beyond "i like puppies, do you ?" soft questions. There was no sneak peaks, no break downs of what they're working on how the effects of their latest change will impact audience participation etc. It was honestly shocking to see at this point in the phase of the games adoption that we are seeing regressive behaviors emerge.

Quality Assurance for 7.1 was either non-existent or the release was too rushed and/or taken too big of a bite. There are so many minor mistakes in this game that just don't need to be there.

I had a guild member say last night after i joked "man give me 1x week access to this code base I know i could solve problems and have time to spare" and he said "i know some dues at ACE ...seriously we should try that" ... I'd openly pay ACE for the right to do it that's how much i want this game to succeed.

Combine these issues and now this Twitch drop behavior.

Can we get a two way dialogue going beyond @ACE-Tiggs doing her best to calm the hoard of angry people down (which in itself is a cause/effect of the people behind here not being effective.

Seriously. I will take 1x month off my company and i will donate my time to fixing these issues for FREE. I helped out a friend at Mojang 8 years ago with performance tuning on Minecraft voxel generation for free ...

Can we just get some actual wins here is all.. help us help you :)

Edited by Dorizzdt

You can linger in a forum of a game you dislike and be toxic, or you can just move on play something different. If you can't move on then its probably time for you to seek some mental respite. 

I choose to play Crowfall - problems and all - because its a fun game. Why do you hate fun?

I think they know that even if they did enable the drop thing for like a whole weekend, it might still be very hard for most people to get it, considering that Crowfall as a game category on Twitch is literally sitting on 100 average viewers over the last 14 days.

People just aren't streaming the game at all, and instead of Artcraft admitting to that, they would rather just make the time period extremely limited to boost their own official channel numbers, and pretend that everything is okay.

It made me laugh a little when they ended the latest stream with "A huge thanks to all our creators, affiliates and influencers who are continuing to bring great views to our game on Twitch and Youtube. We appreciate your great work and support of Crowfall."

1nNmCD0.png

Even the more "popular" Crowfall youtubers/streamers like Zybak, Rufio, Dilbodabbgins, etc. seem to be struggling to reach ~1000 views per video now too.

Great views, huh?

IHaKjRO.png

"Crowfall's evolution has been interesting: when we started, the game leaned much more heavily on survival mechanics. over time we added more and more strategy and pulled the survival mechanics. by launch, we'll be the most strategic virtual universe (IMO surpassing Eve Online)" - J. Todd Coleman, January 5th 2020

poorly made dergs I'm more disgruntled that they only answered like 5 questions posted in the thread of questions for the stream

Edited by eaos

There was an aussie streamer who tried the game and could have been tasked with something like this but unfortunately he literally never made it out of the tutorial. His entire rating of the game was based on a little bit of time spent by himself during off hours in Sky Point.