Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

7.100.0 Live Feedback for 9/1/2021

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game on the most recent patch. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Running pack pigs is still infuriating. Awful AI aside, the run, stop, run, stop, oops they leashed, repeat is a drain on the soul.

If I am running in a straight line, the pigs need to keep up. If you think that's too fast then give me a run speed debuff. I just want it to not feel terrible.

aeei5jG.png

21 minutes ago, Yoink said:

Running pack pigs is still infuriating. Awful AI aside, the run, stop, run, stop, oops they leashed, repeat is a drain on the soul.

If I am running in a straight line, the pigs need to keep up. If you think that's too fast then give me a run speed debuff. I just want it to not feel terrible.

unknown.png

Isn't this the feedback thread?

aeei5jG.png

unknown.png

It would be cool to also see how many points each guild here will get on the next tick, and possibly a timer for next tick. I know this is on the conquest map but it would be nice to see here with out needing to open map > Leaderboard > Conquest

aeei5jG.png

unknown.png

Why does this drop in Dregs? Can't be used for cooking/professions. Can't be sacrificed.

unknown.png

None of these items can be sacrificed either. The wilted scraps literally are used for nothing. Fibrous roots blended cloth I think are used for making bandages but no one ever does that because wartribe drops max lvl bandages in bulk.

Also, bandages can not be sacrificed. 

aeei5jG.png

Belts are unequipped on death now for some reason (happening since previous update). Also please increase the interaction distance for respawning from statues. I've accidentally teleported to my bound statue instead of respawning many times.

I think I've been saying this forever, but Barb - 300 cost ult, undodgeable, breaks CC.

That means they can do it basically every 5 seconds in a fight.

That means they are not interacting with the stamina system at all. They can basically never be CCed and also have a spammable "I win" button against any kind of melee.

As a melee control spec, I can literally never get a CC to stick because they're always going to have either retaliate or an ult up. That means anything I do is going to be disadvantageous to me, as they will just ult out of it and hit me for more than I hit them.

Edit: not to mention the additional CC immunity post-ult, plus the PDM

Edited by nihilsupernum

20 minutes ago, Drakolas said:

Belts are unequipped on death now for some reason (happening since previous update)

I have also encountered this with Cleric's throwing hammer while using the God's Reach minor discipline

1 hour ago, Grimlok said:

I have also encountered this with Cleric's throwing hammer while using the God's Reach minor discipline

I have encountered this as well. I suspect it has something to do with the discs upon death, because both of those items (throwing hammer and belt) are only equip-able because I have disciplines slotted that allow them, and upon death the game is treating it like I no longer have those discs.

I joined FvF campaign yesterday, Game decided to put me in Moon, which is the leading faction, I decided to change my faction to Sun straight away(Sun is at the second place), then after some hours of playing, capturing outposts etc, I felt good about it even tho i contributed not much overall but still...

Logged out, logged back in some tim later and im in the Earth faction

I mean i get it, i wasnt in a guild so u can just toss a player around like that, and delete all what they have done  in an other faction?

what kind of design is that

bad english but im sure u understand

Keeps in Shadows are spawning with preset Foundations/Plans already laid out. It would be nice to be able to place some Armory, Runemakery, Necro, etc. etc. stations to diversify the keeps. The current reality is upgrading each one with the same crafting stations and overlapping buffs.

I just want to comment on nihilsupernum 's complaint on the bugs forum that he can't avoid the damage from another player by moving out of the way.  I'm explaining why.  But to make this a legit feedback post, my feedback is that I think the choices ACE made were the right ones given the constraints.

My comment is that it is utterly impossible for anybody to build a game that does that when the players are a hundred or more light-milliseconds away from each other.  The other player sees your moves a couple hundred milliseconds after you do them... but you want to see your own movements happen immediately else your client will feel very unresponsive.  You see their moves also a couple hundred milliseconds late.  So if you and your opponent do something simultaneously you will see YOURS then THEIRS, and they will see THEIRS then YOURS.  While you appear to be "out of the way" in your simulation, you are "directly under them" in their simulation.

One solution to this is to figure out how to send information faster than light.  But I don't think ACE can solve that one.  The other solution is to make Crowfall a LAN game where the effect is miniscule... but that ain't gonna work.  Other solutions were to make it a strategy battle game where timing and button smashing don't factor in... or get rid of melee entirely and only have ranged attacks (for which there is a clever semi-solution).   But I think all of those options were bad options for Crowfall.

Game Developers tried a lot of tricks over the years to deal with the fallout of this problem, and discovered that (1) it feels best if your attacks seem to hit in your simulation, even at the expense of your defenses being impossibly out of sync, and (2), delaying the simulation so everything can be closer to "in sync" feels like the controls are very very sluggish and nobody likes that (unless you are flying slugging space ships where it's kinda expected).

Would it be possible to have a Input setting option to make charged and channeled abilities a toggle instead of a hold. So press button, ability starts channeling/charging, press button again ability cancels/fires. This would make keyboard inputs for these abilities feel much better and make it much easier to maneuver character while channeling. You would probably want this to be separate for mouse (i.e. ranger bow LMB) and keyboard (i.e. power tray abilities).