Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyrant

Paypal Coming, Particularly For Our European Customers

PayPal is now available Worldwide:  crowfall.com/#/payment  

1. Be sure your email for PayPal and Crowfall are the same!

If not make your Crowfall.com email an alternate email on your PayPal account before making a purchase

2. You need an account on www.crowfall.com to use the payment system

3. If you have a problem with the purchase please contact LiveGamer on the payment page

4.  The US Dollar amounts will be converted to your local currency and local taxes added.

5. Amber and above packages, that have the Collectors Edition box, have an additional $25 US Dollars added for shipping.

================= older information =========================================================================

Our web team has been working feverishly on getting us PayPal functionality this week.

Early next week we should have it ready for launch.  We don't have an exact time yet.  We will post that as soon as we know.

Some important information for those planning to use PayPal:

1)  The pledge packages offered will mirror the Kickstarter offerings, they will be priced in US dollars, though translated to your local currency

2)  We will offer the Early Bird pledges like we did on Kickstarter for the first 2 days, as we don't have the ability to limit quantities

3)  VAT and/or other local taxes will be added automatically, so the net prices of packages will be larger

4)  Shipping for the Amber and above packages that include the Collectors Edition will be an additional $25 USA converted to your local currency

5)  Unlike Kickstarter, your transaction will processed immediately

6)  Unlike Kickstarter, you cannot change your pledge level after purchase, so choose wisely!

Those of you who were already able to use Kickstarter to pledge, we'd sincerely appreciate you keeping your pledge on Kickstarter.  Many people cannot use Kickstarter and we are adding this payment option for them, not for those of you who can use Kickstarter.

If you have specific questions not covered here, please ask them below.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

6)  Unlike Kickstarter, you cannot change your pledge level after purchase, so choose wisely!

I trust that after the Kickstarter event ends, backers will have an opportunity to upgrade their tiers once you have sufficient time to implement account software on your website.

When this opens up there will be a bunch of pledges coming through.

I'm assuming the pledges that come through paypal won't be calculated on kickster.

I'f it doesn't will you keep us informed on how much paypal purchases have raised?

YannMLq.png

Awesome to see PayPal being included. 

I'm assuming the pledges that come through paypal won't be calculated on kickster.

I'f it doesn't will you keep us informed on how much paypal purchases have raised?

I do hope that we will be informed of the PayPal purchase tally too.

288mqgz.png

Awesome to see PayPal being included. 

I do hope that we will be informed of the PayPal purchase tally too.

Agreed!  I'd love to know how much is being pledged via PayPal!

Also, will this money contribute to the stretch goals, too?

Will funds earned through PayPal donations be added towards Kickstarter stretch goals?

Edit: Oh damn, Mal beat me to it.

Edited by Teekey

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

I certainly hope that it would or at least state what the goals from paypal funding will do.

Or if they did keep it separate, instead of adding it to the KS goals maybe they say that for every 250k in paypal means we can do the added worlds or something along those lines.

Edited by homeslice

High Fives and Good Times

I certainly hope that it would or at least state what the goals from paypal funding will do.

Or if they did keep it separate, instead of adding it to the KS goals maybe they say that for every 250k in paypal means we can do the added worlds or something along those lines.

I feel like the paypal will bring in more if they plan to use those funds to help fund the servers for the Europeans.  Since they will be the main source of the paypal money.  Just my $0.02, though.

The Kickstarters I pledged in before who did use Paypal as well as an extra way to 'pay' added the Paypal money to the stretch goals. This does not automatically mean ACE will do the same. It's considered common to do it this way though.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Our web team has been working feverishly on getting us PayPal functionality this week.

Early next week we should have it ready for launch.  We don't have an exact time yet.  We will post that as soon as we know.

Some important information for those planning to use PayPal:

1)  The pledge packages offered will mirror the Kickstarter offerings, they will be priced in US dollars, though translated to your local currency

2)  We will offer the Early Bird pledges like we did on Kickstarter for the first 2 days, as we don't have the ability to limit quantities

3)  VAT and/or other local taxes will be added automatically, so the net prices of packages will be larger

4)  Shipping for the Amber and above packages that include the Collectors Edition will be an additional $25 USA converted to your local currency

5)  Unlike Kickstarter, your transaction will processed immediately

Those of you who were already able to use Kickstarter to pledge, we'd sincerely appreciate you keeping your pledge on Kickstarter.  Many people cannot use Kickstarter and we are adding this payment option for them, not for those of you who can use Kickstarter.

If you have specific questions not covered here, please ask them below.

I appreciate you doing this. I was weary about having to fund through Kickstarter but doing it through PayPal makes it an easy choice for me. Thank you again!

You guys should do something similar to the Shroud Of The Avatar guys and allow people to upgrade their pedge by paying the difference at a later date.

We will have this capability on our website sometime post-Kickstarter, but that's another announcement yet to come.

Great idea, we'll have to do it via posts in the beginning most likely, both when its newsworthy, and on a period basis.

With the combination of Kickstarter and paypal we are all gonna make it! 
I'm actually really interested in seeing how many purchases are being held back just due to not being able to use kickstarter.

YannMLq.png

Agreed!  I'd love to know how much is being pledged via PayPal!

We can't mix goals between two separate funding systems.  It would confuse everyone for sure.

Frankly we haven't really discussed this issue internally yet, we've been focused on getting PayPal implemented! (along with doing press, and answering Kickstarter messages, social media, new content releases and actually working on the game too!)   We'll have a purpose for the money sorted out by the time it goes live so people will know what donations on PayPal are working for stretch-goal wise. 

Our primary focus is allowing potential backers worldwide who need PayPal due to their not owning payment method acceptable to Kickstarter.  The money will definitely go to raising the quality/content of the game/service, we just have to decide which part!

Hope that you don't plan to give out any forum badges till the kickstarter is done? as if you did start handing them out now you know what will happen :P people would start pulling their kickstarter pledge then move it to your website as gamers are impatient creatures...Don't want to watch the kickstarter start going down because of this....

Also having different stretch goals with different funding is a bad idea stick to the goals you have now and just add it on top of the total of the kickstarter...

Edited by Wolfgb

25 dollars for shipping?

Why is it 10 dollars for to the netherlands on kickstarter?

ma-sig.png
Merketh: "If you are looking for a loot grind that's equivalent to PvE raid experiences of other MMO's, where you max your ilevel, wait for the next content patch, rinse repeat then this is absolutely not the game for you."