Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

7.100.0 Live Feedback for 9/2/2021

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game on the most recent patch. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Only thing bugged out in this current patch I've noticed is taking some bosses to 0% and then them not dying but just suspended in animation at 0% "Griffon Mob type"

Edited by Represent

I just want to comment on nihilsupernum 's complaint on the bugs forum that he can't avoid the damage from another player by moving out of the way.  I'm explaining why.  But to make this a legit feedback post, my feedback is that I think the choices ACE made were the right ones given the constraints.

My comment is that it is utterly impossible for anybody to build a game that does that when the players are a hundred or more light-milliseconds away from each other.  The other player sees your moves a couple hundred milliseconds after you do them... but you want to see your own movements happen immediately else your client will feel very unresponsive.  You see their moves also a couple hundred milliseconds late.  So if you and your opponent do something simultaneously you will see YOURS then THEIRS, and they will see THEIRS then YOURS.  While you appear to be "out of the way" in your simulation, you are "directly under them" in their simulation.

One solution to this is to figure out how to send information faster than light.  But I don't think ACE can solve that one.  The other solution is to make Crowfall a LAN game where the effect is miniscule... but that ain't gonna work.  Other solutions were to make it a strategy battle game where timing and button smashing don't factor in... or get rid of melee entirely and only have ranged attacks (for which there is a clever semi-solution).   But I think all of those options were bad options for Crowfall.

Game Developers tried a lot of tricks over the years to deal with the fallout of this problem, and discovered that (1) it feels best if your attacks seem to hit in your simulation, even at the expense of your defenses being impossibly out of sync, and (2), delaying the simulation so everything can be closer to "in sync" feels like the controls are very very sluggish and nobody likes that (unless you are flying slugging space ships where it's kinda expected).

@Brindylln
I'm not buying it. Guild Wars 2 did it amazingly well almost 10 years ago. New World did it this year. Compare the videos of Crowfall vs New World in this thread: 

Crowfall should do better.

Now, GW2 and NW get their reactive gameplay by having invulnerable dodges and evading movement abilities. Fine. If that is the compromise, then DO IT. It is absolutely worth it to make the action combat feel right. Crowfall feels like a lie. It presents action combat to the player but isn't really action combat.

two okay feedback post...

But to bring everyone up on speed here, there's a serious issue with the core game loop / mechanics. Allowing for more then half of the population to ally up isn't going to be to healthy for the game.

Also a serious look at QoL changes especially towards shopping/vendor search. 

Something to the effect of a bazaar search option for vendors. 

Also small/medium/non siege content. The reason I said all those together because its pretty much the same thing because people that are in the larger guilds are still wanting to do something during the downtime of their keeps/castles/forts. I highly doubt having a 24 hour siege conquest is what anyone wants to do. Not saying sieges shouldn't always be happening because I think they should but to only have that happening or its treadmill until you find someone cannot be it. Crafting/Harvesting is cool for some but for the others, do we leave them out in the cold? There's no knob that can be turned / loot chest that can be added, this is a serious look at the core game loop and adding something.

Hellgates. 

Arena's :

Hopefully I don't need to add a youtube video here.

A rework of the combat passive tree with added experience that can only be gained through PVP. You could even have it give diminishing returns on killing the same people. Or decay on the experience already gained to enforce constant pvp action being reward. 

SIRK

Edited by Sirktivo