Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dev team

NaiIs

Do they actually have a much larger team than they have listed on the website? One reason I ask is because when I look at the our team tab on the website I do not see Blaire.

Also Im trying to figure out why J Todd needs 50,000 concurrent vip accounts or 3/4 of a million dollars monthly to support such a seemingly small team.entitleddouchbag-e1493664670394.jpg?fit=

4 minutes ago, NaiIs said:

Do they actually have a much larger team than they have listed on the website? One reason I ask is because when I look at the our team tab on the website I do not see Blaire.

Also Im trying to figure out why J Todd needs 50,000 concurrent vip accounts or 3/4 of a million dollars monthly to support such a seemingly small team.

They have around 60-70 employee's as per earlier in the year. If you are just looking at wages that would roughly be 6-7mln a year(could be more or less depending on texas rules). 50k VIP @15/month would be 9mln per year. The numbers do add up and are logical. 

It would be interesting to see the finances just as an idle curiosity. You can kind of piece together what it costs to run a company but it's rare to see small companies broken down precisely by costs. Like a software developer living on the east coast can easily be in the $150k/year range but that's just salary (I have no idea what the going rate is in Texas). That's not business side payroll taxes or whatever the employer is picking up for health care costs. Then there's facilities -- although I should think that full time work from home would be easy in a business like this so they might be able to cut that. There's also some necessary things like human resources, the software they need, internal tech support, and probably in a small enough team it's just someone's side job to set up the network and fix Outlook when it stops working or whatever but they are things to consider, anyway.

I'd be especially curious about what it costs these days to run the servers, though. I have no idea. If you use Amazon's AWS "metered pay as you go", I've always found their payment model to be inscrutable. I thought about moving my forum hosting to AWS and would probably fall within their "free tier", but how do you predict how much CPU you're going to use? What if some spammer assaults your forums for a month? Does Amazon send you a bill for like a million dollars? I'd love to know what Crowfall ends up paying monthly in server costs.

In ye olden days, the model was for gaming companies to buy their own servers and setup their own networks but it was always problematic to get wired in to handle the data from tens of thousands of simultaneously connected players. Your average office building isn't going to handle anything like that. Amazon really took off by getting into that market but the pricing model is pretty mysterious to my eye.

That feels like a huge number to hit for concurrent playerbase let alone paying subs. The top 20 games in steam appear to have that number if you average them but I doubt any of them get close to that kind of monthly sub goal.

1 minute ago, Slamz said:

It would be interesting to see the finances just as an idle curiosity.

They reported to the SEC for the years of 17-18-19. You can look up artcraft on sec website to see their reports. Not sure as to their true labor costs, but if they pay texas average of 80k/year their total labor costs could be around 100-120k per person. When they applied for two covid PPP grants the breakdown was 100k/employee with 79 employees.