Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

7.100.0 Live Feedback for 9/3/2021

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game on the most recent patch. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

4 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

This inst beta anymore. we can let clearly broken classes and powers stay unchanged for weeks.

But it is beta. Gordon himself said they were calling it soft launch because he didnt want to charge for beta and this way they could.

So had a thought after the bug where all the nameplates disappear.

I feel the game would be a great deal more interesting if name plates of everyone but allies were hidden until you engaged in combat when they will appear as normal for enemies, would allow for more oppotunity to use terrain and sneak up on people without a big blaring red name and giant shield giving you away. Could be an interesting feature to pull out now and then in some campaigns and things so people could be a little more sneaky around the place. (would also remove the corner of the screen revealing players name at further distance issue)

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

I've respec'ed a lot. It takes 170 clicks to respec. 170. That's crazy.

It would be great if talent point placement used a single LMB press to activate/de-activate a node with changes being locked by a confirm button. It would also be an improvement if respec didn't clear all your choices. Respec of attributes would also be better if it didn't clear your choices, gave you +/- buttons with a confirm button.

If even remotely possible, please make will-o-wisp an actual projectile that travels in a straight line or ballistic trajectory towards the location of your reticle instead of the awkward ground hugging thing that it is. It's so frustrating to try and target this ability. If it was a real projectile you could target it at player's feet and have a much higher probability of healing them than trying to keep them in an extremely narrow line. If this isn't doable, is it at least possible to make it "air-burst" near the ground location of your reticle at the time of casting? Like a hybrid projectile, GTAOE.

Edited by Pystkeebler

Realy need to look at crafting and harvesting XP gain some player play the game just for those activities shocking i know (i know i hate pve myself) but if your getting 75 xp per harvest node to go from 33 to 34 its around 3,650 nodes to level which is a tad on the bonkers side of thing and when u can be killing 10 mobs at 50-75xp in the time of 1 tree (let alone longer travel time between them) there quite a bit of XP difference.

Crafting is another one that takes forever i think your probaly get around 400 XP per craft which is 685 or so crafts to level a purple vessel not to mention this 685 completed items all have to be purple items ontop of that (going from 34 to 35 would  be like 730 or so legendary crafts although there not much reason to level a crafter to 35 though. for Woodworkers its around 100 resources per craft (minus dust) so thats 68,500 purple resources needed to level a crafter unless u go farm mobs where alot of players dont like.

Now we do have sacraficable we can feed them but there not easy to get purple sac items and they dont give a whole lot of XP either so yeah.

its nice you have alot of avenues to level but atm however one is the only real viable way to level in any reasonable amount of time.

You can either may harvesitng and crafting give alot more XP per node/craft or you could make them drops a sacraficable that gives decent XP every now and then aswell this add a element of risk i spose to harvesting if you want to add more risk on harvesters side

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Potential fix for TTK, i feel it might be worth just doubling Base HP+HP per level alonmg with HP con bonus aswell as double barrriers and barrier bonus and that should even out the TTK i think to a good spot.

All armor pen buffs should be swapped to Dmg bonus for those types instead aswell to make plate a little more useful since it mitigate more dmg this way. Armor reduction skill prob should be dropped from 20 to 10% aswell.

Protection stakes need a wee bit of a nerf too i think aswell it offers way to much personal dmg modifier.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Incentivise attacking and capturing outposts from the top 5 guilds in a campaign.

Deduct points from guilds who lose outposts.

Return outposts to neutral if the guild who captures it doesn't wait for the guards to spawn.

14 minutes ago, Retchet said:

Incentivise attacking and capturing outposts from the top 5 guilds in a campaign.

Deduct points from guilds who lose outposts.

Return outposts to neutral if the guild who captures it doesn't wait for the guards to spawn.

guards would need respawn much faster then

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

6 minutes ago, veeshan said:

guards would need respawn much faster then

Nah, it'll just eliminate the garbage gameplay where people run across a zone during the last 30 minutes of the hour half-capturing as many outposts as they can.

7 minutes ago, Retchet said:

Nah, it'll just eliminate the garbage gameplay where people run across a zone during the last 30 minutes of the hour half-capturing as many outposts as they can.

you know it like currently takes 20 minutes for guard to respawn

outposts should tick every 15 min instead of an hour so u cant realy cap last minute since its reasonably constant.

or you can make it so the longer you hold a point the more points it worth each tick too, so it makes defending control points more worthwild than taking them all over the place. if you loose a camp you get 5 minutes to recap it back before the conquest point bonus resets

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

I believe that the mechanics requiring players to eat food was what made it possible for small groups and guilds to have the advantage over large groups and guilds. In my experience, a hungry barbarian was the difference between a party that lived and died in a fight.

At first I was relieved that the requirement to eat was removed because I thought that it didn't make sense to be a spirit that needed to eat, but now I see that it was a system which had a substantial impact on how the game could be "won" with just a simple requirement to eat and avoid exhaustion which carried very heavy penalties for some races and classes.

I was part of many large raid parties during beta that were cut short because we died and no one had any crafted food left. We would need to at least take a break for a while to make more.

While that mechanic "isn't fun" for the innately dominant guilds' members who are "just here to PvP, bro!", it was something that made people put a lot more consideration into their strategies.

For example, if you were a Half-Giant or Minotaur, you by default needed twice as much food to sustain yourself out in the wild. Classes of those two races were powerful, but more resource intensive. And if you ran out of food, you lost a significant amount of your power.

So to avoid taking penalties to your combat skills and talents for being hungry, you made sure you were always well fed. Clearing hunger shards was also more persistent than it is now and it was possible to clear a path for the siege party happening that evening.

Please don't get me wrong; I think food buffs are great. I love having a chef in my guild who makes food for fun and not necessity. I also probably understand it's too late to ever put that feature back in, but maybe it could be a "knob" for a Guild vs Guild campaign type. Players who don't like how The Hunger actually made you hungry, essentially sapping your power from you, can continue to play something more casual.

I'm sad to know that winning in campaigns now comes down to backdoor deals over Discord. The game really was a greater game when we, as players of it, were actually "hooked up" to the world we were expected to become and stay immersed in.

Thanks for reading.

Loot containers having an expiration timer on them negatively impacts the game. Previously, I could look through loot chests at a camp and only take what I needed, leaving the rest. This way, someone passing by would see the loot containers and not immediately know me or anyone else had been through that area.

Now all I need to do if I want to be a jerk is run through a camp opening and closing containers ensuring that no one else comes along and loots them.

There wasn't even anything about this in the patch notes. I know this seems like a minor thing to complain about, but it actually deducts yet one more very minor, very subtle, but very important aspect of immersion and persistence in your game world.

Edited by Retchet

Not being able to hear that you are being attacked while looking at the map is ridiculous.

If it's not possible to play sound effects when the map is open, you could just close the map window and take me back into the game if I get attacked.

This issue does nothing to add fun difficulty to the game, only frustrating difficulty.

It isn't fun to look at the map and get killed without even knowing you're being attacked.

There are many instances of motherlodes not conforming to the map terrain. They are either raised too high or sunken too deep into the ground.

When you try to tear them down, you will usually not be able to hit them. You will instead leave harvesting mode and enter combat mode.

This makes zero sense. If I am looking at the motherlode and there isn't an enemy between me and the motherlode, when I left click it shouldn't put me into combat. It makes no sense and it isn't fun.

Given that I am able to make an improvised campfire in your game, it wouldn't be too much to ask to allow for crafting improvised storage and chests out on the battlefields, too.

It would be really fun if me and my guild could hide storage out in the world so we don't have to predictably run to banks or capture respawn outposts to store stuff.

Let us put our loot into a chest that we can return to. I don't care if someone else could come by and loot it. If they find it, good for them.

Again, the feature for improvised campfires is there. Let me make improvised storage containers, too, please.

Edited by Retchet

If "PVP your way every day" is the games tagline, then I think it would make the game more PVP-oriented if you broadcast player logins and logouts, along with their positions, into the game world. I don't see how this could be viewed as a bad thing.

Expand it further by having guard outposts broadcast into the events tab "Enemy sighted at XYZ" to really get the PVP going.

For the people who want to PVP, this is perfect because now they'll know where players are in the game without those players needing to ask for it. And for the people who want to avoid PVP, they'll be better equipped to avoid it if the guards broadcast that "50 members of X guild seen moving north of Whatever Town" so they can hide.

Win / win.

Edited by Retchet