Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Faction change should port you to your new temple

phobosorbust

Apparently this is the only sub I can post in.  

Current Shadows has separate temple areas for each faction, including player-stocked vendors intended for other faction members (and priced accordingly).

There's also a fair bit of strategic value in knowing which gate a zerg group or seed runner group is using if they happen to form up in temple.

Why then are there players from other factions hanging around? Apparently if you have characters in temple and then switch factions you've got a perfect spy for portal-watching or scooping deals. You can't do that for a fort; if it changes hands you'll be ported somewhere safe on your next login. Surely then it makes sense to move any characters in the wrong temple to the right one?

I agree it should punt you to the correct temple if you find yourself in an opposing team's temple.

I think faction swapping should only be allowed to the faction with the lowest score, or maybe based on a difference in score based on some threshold number, like you cannot swap factions unless the difference is at least this many points or something.

Additionally make it have a real cost to swapping, like some amount of gold or sacrifice value or raw materials or something. increase/decrease that cost based on the transfer - so if you are transferring to the winning faction you pay more, if you are transferring to 2nd or 3rd place reduce the cost

Graveyard Harvesting Organization, Union Local 451 [GHOUL-451] is recruiting, talk to your local union rep.

I like the idea of faction swapping sending you to your temple regardless of where you are at the time.

Sun lost a keep yesterday (EU timezone) because a group defected during the keep siege and immediately attacked.

Like....what's the intended "counter-play" here, exactly? If they want to faction swap, fine, but send them to their temple at the same time.

3 hours ago, Slamz said:

a group defected during the keep siege and immediately attacked.

Like....what's the intended "counter-play" here, exactly?

That really shouldn't be allowed.

If that kind of vulnerability is in the game on purpose then the only real counter would be to abuse faction swapping in the same way until enough people complain for action to be taken. Take a group of guildless accounts to your target faction, follow people around, group up around wards just before a major keep defense and pull the switch at the worst moment. It would pretty much destroy any sense of community among faction players in Shadows, which is bad for the game as a whole but might be the only play in the short term.

We've already seen accounts whose sole purpose seems to be camping fort chests and grabbing resources before the defense team can get them. 'Spais' are one thing (and all in good fun), but griefing mechanics that deny people the rewards of cooperation and victory is not ok IMO.

Faction swapping should be allowed but it should require more than just a flip of a switch.  It should require a little time and cost something to discourage bandwagon tactics (meaning everyone in shadows on the last day should not end up on the winning faction). That said it should definitely exist because it can add interesting game play.

Graveyard Harvesting Organization, Union Local 451 [GHOUL-451] is recruiting, talk to your local union rep.

5 hours ago, Slamz said:

a group defected during the keep siege and immediately attacked.

I get that the devs were going for the whole "Throne War simulator" vibe, but that's part of why most people are fed up with PvP. If you can switch mid fight that may be "realistic" but it's complete poorly made dergs from a game play perspective.

This is why one faction absolutely dominates Shadow campaigns, because why wouldn't you hop over to the winning team if there's no drawback? I like the idea of switching allowed to the losing team, or no switching at all.

Maybe balance factions out regardless of Guild god allegiance? 

On 9/7/2021 at 9:50 AM, phobosorbust said:

Apparently this is the only sub I can post in.  

Current Shadows has separate temple areas for each faction, including player-stocked vendors intended for other faction members (and priced accordingly).

There's also a fair bit of strategic value in knowing which gate a zerg group or seed runner group is using if they happen to form up in temple.

Why then are there players from other factions hanging around? Apparently if you have characters in temple and then switch factions you've got a perfect spy for portal-watching or scooping deals. You can't do that for a fort; if it changes hands you'll be ported somewhere safe on your next login. Surely then it makes sense to move any characters in the wrong temple to the right one?

Changing servers should port you back to temple. I am not sure if this is fixed but its silly that this was not the case from the start.