Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Language(Not Literal, Code)/software(Like Unity) Is This Game In?

I was just wondering what language of code this game is in (C#, C++, Java, ETC.) or what software this is made in (Unity, ETC.). The reason is really because I find programming very enjoyable, and want to know what language a game like this is being created in.

There's a line in the FAQ about the costs of developing an MMORPG and the Kickstarter goal. It reads as follows:

Additionally, to make the game as efficiently as possible, we are leveraging trusted technology (like Unity, PhysX, and cloud computing) rather than building everything ourselves. The payoff from this has been enormous.

Link

Which would lead me to believe they'll be using Unity.

Unity is written in C++ and has an exposed .NET api that supports C#, JavaScript or Boo as an alternative to writing everything in C++.

:wub:

Popcorn is pretty awesome, had a poor experience with PhysX at my last job but my current job seems to be handling it better so here's to hoping it's just people not the library.

:wub:

Unity5 has been confirmed. This together with Voxel Engine, PhysX.

And hopefully at somepoint we get a FX engine like PopcornFX, if we can reach the stretchgoal.

The FX engine that is being show on the 3rd update on the KS shows some videos of popcornFX (need to click the picture of the guy with the flaming sword to get redirected the link aint that visible)

...obstacles do not exist to be surrendered to, but only to be broken. "***** ******"
I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion. "Alexander the Great"

The FX engine that is being show on the 3rd update on the KS shows some videos of popcornFX (need to click the picture of the guy with the flaming sword to get redirected the link aint that visible)

I think the next strechgoal is actually licensing PopcornFX to use full time with their own FX artist.. Atleast thats what it sounds like.