Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Neriyan (Dregs) Score Adjustment

ACE-Tiggs

Given the competitive nature of Crowfall Campaigns, we try to maintain the integrity of the Conquest Scoring as best we can.  Recently a zone crash during the middle of a Dregs zone caused a loss of points for a guild as if they had lost control of a keep, without the keep actually being captured.  After investigation, we will be adding those Conquest Points to the Conquest Score during the next Maintenance window.  

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

I agree campaign scores should be adjusted if the server bugs out but there have been cases in the past where scores have not been fixed. If this is going to happen, it should happen for every guild going forward.

They did in fact lose control of the keep pre-crash (Tree of life died, defeat message), still had the keep post-crash upon the reset, and then defended bane trees while people were logging back in. They lost points as if they had lost the keep (which they did pre-crash), but how you guys deal with this info is up to you.

2 minutes ago, Saedrenel said:

They did in fact lose control of the keep pre-crash (Tree of life died, defeat message), still had the keep post-crash upon the reset, and then defended bane trees while people were logging back in. They lost points as if they had lost the keep (which they did pre-crash), but how you guys deal with this info is up to you.

false.  Both wards and tree of life were all still alive before the crash.  One banetree was dead.

6 minutes ago, ACE-Tiggs said:

Given the competitive nature of Crowfall Campaigns, we try to maintain the integrity of the Conquest Scoring as best we can.  Recently a zone crash during the middle of a Dregs zone caused a loss of points for a guild as if they had lost control of a keep, without the keep actually being captured.  After investigation, we will be adding those Conquest Points to the Conquest Score during the next Maintenance window.  

Thanks for the looking into this issue!

1 minute ago, Saedrenel said:

They did in fact lose control of the keep pre-crash (Tree of life died, defeat message),

That is not true. While there was a defeat message, it was an error, which that error is what resulted in the point loss, despite us not losing the keep. If you want to watch the entire siege window I've posted it below. Both wards, the tree of life, and the respawn statue were alive when the zone crashed. The time stamp for the crash is at 19:39.

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

6 minutes ago, Saedrenel said:

Stop lying.

Here's a screenshot about 1 min after bane spawn - 1 was already down. 2 remaining.

unknown.png

Here's a screenshot about 5 sec before zone crash. 1 bane already down, we had people working on other 2 bane trees.

Both wards up, tree of life up. Fight going on near respawn statue.

unknown.png

I said it a few times in chat but I'll repeat it here.

When the servers crash, nobody wins. Hopefully the root issue can be fixed going forward,

They would probably loose that keep? Yes.

Have they lost it when the crash occurred? No.

So give them the points. What could happen in the future is just a future that we will never know.

If the defeat message was an error at the time of server crash, then that's that, give LOD their points. I have no reason to lie, just stating what I had seen prior to getting kicked off.

Yikes dude.

Just now, Saedrenel said:

If the defeat message was an error at the time of server crash, then that's that, give LOD their points. I have no reason to lie, just stating what I had seen prior to getting kicked off.

Yikes dude.

Yeah that message played for anyone NOT in the zone. I don't think anyone in the zone saw it and it didn't appear in my video.

Here's a good shot of the message and the points loss that occurred seen by someone outside of the zone.

unknown.png?width=1440&height=503

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

I also think its the right thing to do but I have to ask. Would it have not also been right to find a way to put us back in the same spot we where in before your server crashed  and took us out of our awesome position? Is this tech that Crowfall maybe be able to have set up?

The "Keep was defeated" message was visible throughout all zones, the crash happened a while after that, when the servers went on the "Keep was defended" message came.
Kinda confusing, is it known why the server crashed? It hasn't happen before in this dregs afaik ?

Edited by Lirezh

The zone the keep was in crashed right before this message went out.  The rest of the zones crashed “a while after” the zone in question crashed.

12 minutes ago, Drakano said:

I also think its the right thing to do but I have to ask. Would it have not also been right to find a way to put us back in the same spot we where in before your server crashed  and took us out of our awesome position? Is this tech that Crowfall maybe be able to have set up?

Require too big brain.

2 hours ago, MisterMostMAD said:

Require too big brain.

EEK - Crowfall can confirm its too big brain for this kind of solution? if not is this something you would be willing to look into because even though they get the benefit because of a server crash and again I agree with it. I am just curious what will be done to avoid only fixing this on one side. I just feel like we should be able to make it fair for all :)