Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

7.100.0 Live Feedback for 9/9/2021

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game on the most recent patch. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

I believe I had the main motivation for faction swapping in Shadows revealed to me: the shiny/sparkle Runemaking additive reward for 1st place Glory.

If this reward was granted across the board there would be far less incentive for the Dregs guilds to come down to Shadows and snowball onto the winning team in order to get their 2 additives.

Right now the populations are in a good place, but when the standings start to shake up in a week or so there will be another massive jump to the winning team which will ruin fights for the following weeks until the campaign ends.

1 hour ago, kelaast said:

I believe I had the main motivation for faction swapping in Shadows revealed to me: the shiny/sparkle Runemaking additive reward for 1st place Glory.

If this reward was granted across the board there would be far less incentive for the Dregs guilds to come down to Shadows and snowball onto the winning team in order to get their 2 additives.

Right now the populations are in a good place, but when the standings start to shake up in a week or so there will be another massive jump to the winning team which will ruin fights for the following weeks until the campaign ends.

if everyone gets shiny reward there then no reason to try and win :P

They just need to prevent faction swapping like after spring or something.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

The Ek fix apparently has broken my  novice thralls buffs in my EK. It's bugged requiring me to rename the parcel, then log out in the parcel, and log right back into the parcel containing the workbenches..Crowfall_Screenshot_2021.09.10_-_07.07.3Crowfall_Screenshot_2021.09.10_-_06.56.3

Edited by Nichivo

Fix balance. Yall bleeding players and yet we dont see a single impactful change for weeks.

Legit there are a couple powers that do 4k damage when the average hp is a bit over 8k. Yet it seems yall dont care enough.

After dying twice to the same guy simply because his stupid envenom power do 4k+ i just realized I dont care. I will prolly log the afternoon to pass all the stuff i farmed to our ek and then Im really not sure if I will do stuff again.

2 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Fix balance. Yall bleeding players and yet we dont see a single impactful change for weeks.

Legit there are a couple powers that do 4k damage when the average hp is a bit over 8k. Yet it seems yall dont care enough.

After dying twice to the same guy simply because his stupid envenom power do 4k+ i just realized I dont care. I will prolly log the afternoon to pass all the stuff i farmed to our ek and then Im really not sure if I will do stuff again.

Are you sure? The last time they tried to balance stuff, we ended up with everyone playing Blackguards, while a few builds for other things were completely destroyed. I mean they could have just adjusted trap damage, but instead the balance became worse.

Do not mean to be rude, but want to come off direct.

ACE has had tons of feedback over the months, years and it feels like selective hearing when the feedback was taken in.  From a player perspective, exhausted by this game at the moment.

Class balance is lacking.

Chat/EK/Bank changes took hard pushes from players to get any attention.

New Player experience was and still is horrible.

Zerg balls leave no room for tactics.  Faction swapping is just ridiculous and causes the "intro" Shadows realm to be balls of 15-20 deep at least just rolling new players lol - game design choice.  Losing faction (US Earth mostly) seems to just join the faction swap, rather than stay and fight.  Maybe just remove one faction for now, see how it goes, make it RvR, but while also looking into faction load balancing.  Probably not going to happen as will take design overhaul, but free will to overload sides (even though ACE keeps saying, its in the spirit of PvP (you must not play your own game lol)) is an issue.

You all take servers down constantly and at weird times, almost daily.

I still have vendor stalls, etc in my EK that I can not interact with.

EK vendor system is just a mess, the new changes to vendor stalls in PvP realms is bad, so...much...running around for no reason.  You need something ASAP.  Something like a purchase or request board, buy said items, tells you where to go pick them up would even work.  We need something other than running from stall to stall blindly, this is a time sink that is not needed.

Gold grind and vessel grind is not fun, especially with nothing to do to grind these areas.  It is the same mobs at same camps, over and over and over.  We need more hot spots, or more random events, small scale pvp for exp and gold, etc.  We just need more.

Edited by Tendeep

Please give EK owners, nobles, and vassals the ability to see whose Personal Chest is placed in a given location instead of it just saying "Someone's Personal Chest"

1) Many outposts are missing an icon on the map (bug)

2) Loot containers are triple spawning in every single house in many mob camps (bug)

3) Statue God Head drops are too infrequent

4) Changes to siege timers and allocating them regionally has created a catastrophic issue with zone capping and lack of concurrent targets for every time zone. (prior to the unified dregs, there were on average 3-5 keeps that "went live" each night at the same time.  This created the chance for many guilds and alliances to participate in sieges, maneuvers, feigning attacks, misdirection, coallitions, bock clocking, and other shenanigan's.)  These recent changes that were incorporated into the unified dregs map/time systems only permits 2 keeps live per night, if that.  The lack of keeps simultaneously live at 9PM local/region has dramatically decreased the opportunities for small and medium guilds to EVER have a chance at a siege.  The two largest alliances on the server have had to swell their ranks of active players in order to defend/attack the other... this is a cycle that results in smaller guilds being absorbed over and over and merged into these two alliances because of the lack of targets.  If mega alliance has a Keep live on Day1, and mega zerg has a Keep alive on Day2, then we know exactly where most of the population is going to be during those 2 days... answer = in their own zones, population capping them out so the other zerg/alliance cannot bring in 250 of their own and win by default.  The lack of viable targets per timezone has created this issue.

This issue gets worse when one of these alliances decide to move their zerg/alliance blob into adjacent timezones, as they can then repeat their zone capping ability onto a much smaller alliance and take keeps in other time zones.  Since the days and times never overlap, they will never face the issue of having to defend multiple keeps at the same time, so they can defend them by simply capping the zone with players. 

(suggested fix, a) all keeps go live every night in all time zones at the regional 9PM time. b) the first keep an alliance captures dictates that alliances future "siege timers" for any more keeps they may take for the remainder of Dregs.  a) If Guild X took over a US WEST keep for their 1st claim in Dregs on day one, then for the remainder of Dregs any future keeps they take over will inherit the US West siege timer going forward.  This will create a situation, for when a zerg alliance decides to take multiple keeps, they will have to defend multiple keeps at the same time.  If Guild X takes an AU/NZ zone keep for its 2nd keep, then that keeps siege timer will CHANGE to US West and have its day switched to the SAME DAY/TIME as their originally captured keep, and it continues.  This will allow for aggression, yet also require strength and strategy to defend what you take.  If you take too much and try to defend it all, a greedy squirrel may end up losing all its nuts.

5) Lattice Linking System (Planetside 2 style).  

a) Outposts should be connected to nearby Respawn and God Shrines.  There should be at least 2 or 3 Outposts connected and required to take them over before the Respawn or Shrine can be made vulnerable.

b) Forts should be connected to a couple outposts as well, similar to Respawns and God Shrines.

c) Forts are useless 23 hours of the day, and pretty much are boring circles for the other 1 hour per day.  Change forts from being "live" for the 60 minutes, to being "capturable" 24 hours a day and linked via lattice.  Forts will go into production every 6 hours for 30 minutes, this "production window" is the only time the fort chests will have resources added into them (timber/ingots/boulders). Fort would have an 8PM, 9PM, 10PM local, (Yes have a fort producing at the same time a keep is live as well).  Again, Forts would be capturable 24/7, with the benefit of ownership being points ticks, having friendly guards present at the start of the "production window", and selling to a vendor.  Might even get people to build the fort walls, speaking of which they need to be made tougher, and remember that Forts will need to be lattice linked with at least 1 or 2 outposts to prevent ninja capping.

d) Pigs should have a guard outposts near them that protects them from harm until they are tamed.  These would be capturable and you would not be able to tame a pig from that outpost unless you controlled it.

That's about it for now.  GL.

Edited by Scarr

Class: Champion

Issue: Zone Transitions - Rage Reset to Zero (2 minutes of Leaps to recoup)

Trigger: Rune Gate Transition

Server: Shadows

If you enter a zone transition i.e. Rune gate, your Rage will show as full once you enter the new zone but once a LEAP command or skill is used the Rage meter will update as empty.  To fix this, each time I enter a zone I need to Double LEAP 10 times (5 Leaps) with a 24 Sec time delay between LEAPs.  Meaning it takes 2 minutes game time to get my char filled up on Rage to be able to use abilities. 

This needs to be fixed as it hampers the class from participating in PvP when you are required to move over many zones in servers such as Shadows. 

Seriously, limit factory usage to the person who created the piece of gear. It ruins the economy and hinders high level crafters. It doesn't even make sense that it is an option.

Please put the tough temple guards back in front of the runegates for the Shadows campaigns. It may sort of make sense if that they're not present in Dregs (if I squint real hard), but they definitely need to be there.

18 hours ago, MurphyAKL said:

Seriously, limit factory usage to the person who created the piece of gear. It ruins the economy and hinders high level crafters. It doesn't even make sense that it is an option.

High Level crafters should not be selling their templates, and instead should be selling factory copies.

*** #1 ISSUE with current build in Dregs ****

LACK OF SIMULTANIOUS KEEP SIEGE "LIVE TIMES"

PRIOR DREGS = 16 Keeps + 1 Castle for EACH REGION, 16+1 guilds could potentially own a keep/castle based on their REGIONAL TIME ZONE.

CURRENT DREGS = 22 Keeps, 0 Castle for ENTIRE WORLD (4 Regions), looks great on paper until you see the reality.  

Current Dregs Regionally = USEast 8 (50% fewer keeps for same player base), USWest 4 (75% fewer keeps for same player base), AU 4 (75% fewer keeps for same player base), EU 6 (62.5% fewer keeps for same player base).

IN ALL, PRIOR Total Number of Keeps for SAME PLAYERBASE = 64 Keeps, 4 Castles.

IN ALL, CURRENT Total Number of Keeps for SAME PLAYERBASE = 22 Keeps.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, global dregs sounded great, more players accessible to each other is great too!  However, the framework implement has turned out to be an utter disaster for the majority of guilds and players.  What do I mean?

ALL PRIOR versions of Dregs, X server and X players EVERY NIGHT had anywhere from 5-6 TARGET KEEPS that went live, EVERY NIGHT for the set of X players.

THIS version of Dregs, players W, X, Y, and Z have been combined, yet the number of TARGET KEEPS that go live at ANY ONE TIME is only >>> ONE to THREE <<<!!!!!  Whereas before it was 15-18 in all for the same player base!!!

---

How is this a negative to the game?  Small guilds, Medium sized guilds, and Large guilds that currently do NOT own a keep, have near ZERO CHANCE to capture a keep.  So then, who CAN capture keeps?  They ARE changing hands occasionally...   ONLY THE MEGA ZERGS can capture keeps, and since the MEGA ZERG can easily "zone cap out" any zone that  they choose, or may have a keep they own going "live" for that (NIGHT/TIMEZONE), it creates a one way flow of power and there is no mechanic to weaken those that continue to gain more power if they choose wisely (ie., target keeps that go 'live' at different times/days/regions to avoid EVER having to defend two keeps simultaneously.

---

Regional Time Zones = W, X, Y, Z.

Zone Regions assigned to;

W =4

X  =2

Y =2

Z =3

There are TWO keeps per regional and its associated time zone.

Call them positions related to the hands on a clock.  1 O'clock till 11 O'clock, (12 O'clock is missing, so 11 and 1 are double connected to each other).

1 & 2 = West Coast, 4 keeps

3 & 4 = AU/NZ, 4 keeps

5, 6, & 7 = EU, 6 keeps

8, 9, 10, & 11 = East Coast, 8 keeps

Wednesday there are NO KEEPS live.  The cycle is then a 3-0-3 day cycle for all keeps, individual of each other, and by REGION.

---

Average number of "live keeps" per night, per time zone;

West Coast, 1-2 keeps live per night / 2 zones  = 0.5 to 1.0 ratio (there are nights where only half the zones have a single keep live)

Aus/NZ, 1-2 keeps live per night / 2 zones = 0.5 to 1.0 ratio  (there are nights where only half the zones have a single keep live)

Euro, 2 keeps live per night / 3 zones = 0.66 ratio 

East Coast, 2-3 keeps live per night / 4 zones  0.5 to 0.75 ratio (there are nights where only half the zones have a keep live, never are all 4 zones live at the same time)

Edited by Scarr

Lvling sucks. The most efficient way is killing mobs in a safe place. as such it doesnt add anything and is just a pain in the ass. Legit spent 2-3 weeks in a blue vessel simply because lvling ti is boring as hell.

Doesnt help that sac items comparatively suck. So a purple sac item? gives me what 350 xp? I can kill 10 mobs and get 500 xp easier. Honestly saccing a bunch of sac items and seeing your xp bar barely change makes me mad. Might as well remove those. Just taking space in my bag.

Please up Harversting XP. My gatherer farming in a good spot is way more engaging to everyone involved.

Also XP on kill pls.

Again, if lvling is gonna be just about who can spend more time killing stupid mobs might as well make it reward doin stuff? Harversting? XP. Got a kill? XP. Capture? XP. Cant get any worse.

Stepping back for a minute and looking at the overall direction of Crowfall, I want to provide some suggestions for long term direction of the game from my personal perspective. The suggestions here mostly assume that the items from the recent design reviews will be accomplished, and focuses instead on polishing Crowfall as a more complete and interconnected persistent MMO experience with temporary competitions.

Advancement and Progression:

• Create tree-like advancement system resembling the old passive skill tree with tiers that are unlocked by vessel advancement.
  • Skill points (SP) are awarded for every 5,000 XP past lvl-30. All activities (PvP, Gathering, Crafting, PvE) provide XP. SP gain is not blocked by vessel level, but advancement through tree is.
  • Advancement is account wide, but only certain branches/nodes are activated based on individual characters choice of promotion, Major, Minor, exploration disciplines, and vessel level.
  • Reduce post-30 level XP to 25,000 per level. Account progression tree provides long time horizon that is broad but shallow which replaces the need for large XP grinds on vessels.
  • Discipline drops from Thralls may be used to unlock branches/tiers of advancement tree, and/or become tied into the vessel system.
  • Why? - improves pacing of rewards, creates a more rich experience to advancing your characters and accounts within Crowfall. Post-30 advancement does not halt if access to a vessel is not immediately available. Improves feel of longer time horizon advancement without discouraging new players unduly.

Re-imagining the Economy:

• Create an Auction House for resources and simple crafted components with sell and buy orders.
  • Make vendors guild-owned with a searchable database of items for sale that is limited by number of listings per account (similar to ESO vendor system). Guilds may only own one vendor per world.
  • Remove world banking from all areas except temples. Add Local banks in Forts and Keeps.
  • Redesign Pack Pigs as an upgradable pet figurine with additional inventory space for hauling goods or storing harvested materials and building components during travel.
  • Why? - Improves the ability for harvesting and crafting "Mains" to focus on what they want to do. Improves equity in access to markets, alleviates frustrations with minimal number of available vendor slots, and provides a more searchable and usable economic system. Bank and Pig changes create the opportunity for local markets that have meaning due to travel times and risks associated with moving goods.

Improving Open World Objectives:

• Group sets of outposts with a fort and add each group to the siege schedule. Groups should rotate every hour with one group per map always active, and a period of ~3 hours for any one group to be active. Winner of a group at end of active period should be determined by total capture time.
  • Remove building material spawns from forts and give all forts wood walls, respawns, 1-2 building plots, crafting tables, and local banks.
  • Give outposts harvesting, loot, and XP buffs within a radius of the objective for owning faction.
  • Remove pack pig spawns and replace with harder, group boss level outposts. Add motherlode-like harvesting nodes to pack pig spawns that produce building materials. Add stealth blockers to carrying building materials, and mounted movement speed debuffs.
  • Why? - gives each objective a more unique purpose. Focuses conflict around specific locations on the map at specific times. Improves availability of PvP objectives. Reduces boredom of circle standing, outpost back-capping trains, and pack-pig driving.

Improving the Inter-Campaign Loop:

• Replace FvF and GvG world bands with Persistent and Temporary campaign worlds.
  • Persistent Worlds are a combination of FvF zones close to temples and GvG zones on outskirts.
  • FvF and GvG Campaign worlds are no import, and characters come in as LvL 30 vessels with equipped disciplines (no discipline leveling required due to progression changes), white advanced gear and basic tools.
  • Account progression is permanent, but must be unlocked within a campaign by leveling vessels specific to that campaign.
  • Difficulty of mobs, and rank of available nodes in campaign worlds should scale with season.
  • Rewards and gathered items may be exported to fuel conflict in persistent world bands. Highest tiers of advancement and building upgrades in persistent worlds should only be available through extracting materials from campaign worlds.
  • Why? - Allows campaigns to better reset power levels while still carrying over account progression. Creates a perpetual gameplay loop that feeds on itself. Closes the loop on inter-campaign cycle by creating a space to invest campaign rewards that has risks and conflict (unlike EKs).

There are lots of "parked" account names for players that are never in the game, maybe they never owned it. Perhaps you could run a script on which accounts have existed for more than six months but never purchased the game. Then, you could send those accounts an email warning them their accounts will be deleted and their account name will be made available for new users.

Either players parking usernames will be forced to buy a copy of the game or new registrants will find names like "Gandalf", "Dwarf", and "RoboCop" available and be more likely to purchase the game and stick around.

It's a win / win.