Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Reduce quality of mob dropped gear to gray

eaos

So much time to grind mats in campaigns yet the desire to buy gear is reduced for so many players because the availability and quality  of mob dropped gear is too good.

5 hours ago, eaos said:

So much time to grind mats in campaigns yet the desire to buy gear is reduced for so many players because the availability and quality  of mob dropped gear is too good.

If you are actually trying to sell crafted inside campaigns it's more likely they can't afford it, or already have gear do to imports token bypassing alt accounts, and factory copies. 

Outside of campaign plenty of people would like to buy crafted gear, wartribe gear doesn't change that. It's spending 5 hours bouncing around EK's to never find what you want that kills buying crafted gear. Someone is bound to say well go to aerynth. Guess what last time I was there a large number of shop were closed, and even larger number were next to empty, and the remainder were trying to sell things you could go farm in mere minutes for absurd amounts.

Quality vessel are next to impossible to find now, the guy that was making them for me quit. I can't find anyone capable of making a blue vessel for an alt that isn't worse than my alts current green vessel. 

Some of the game design makes selling your craft for profit really bad because the non guild customer base is smaller, and simply can't find you. Eventually they just leave the game like many others, and the potential customer base gets even smaller, but they still can't find you.

Edited by Nichivo

On 9/12/2021 at 10:12 AM, eaos said:

Nah.  Even player gear melts too fast in concerted combat.  Wartribe gear is great for filling a gear hole that suddenly pops up, but you gotta get back in the fray.

I agree. It's a big problem for anyone who was hoping to sell anything while grinding up the crafting tree. Blue belts are trash tier. Purple belt will finally let you craft goods that are about equal to common mob loot (so good luck selling any).

You'll have to hit legendary before you can actually start to make gear that's consistently superior to common mob drops and loot boxes.

It turns crafting into nothing but a grind game until you reach the end and can finally make things people might actually want.

(I also wonder how many man-hours of farming and crafting it took before I could actually make a ring with jewelcrafting that could compete with the ring we made in 5 seconds in the tutorial.)