Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crowfall interview with Gordon

LashLash

On 9/13/2021 at 11:28 PM, Toadwart said:

=

I mean, its really just GW2 RvRvR which is a tiny portion of that game.

Except GW2 did even it even better IMO with way more interesting classes, better/more fluent combat, and easy to obtain gear/shallow power gap between gear along with upscaling. I have a lot of fond memories of GW2 WvW in comparison to CF.

Edited by Helix

On 9/18/2021 at 9:32 PM, bignick22000 said:

so all that crap you listed IS not the definition of what it takes to make an MMO. See that's wow stuff, and stuff people are also board up.  I recommend you go old school to really find out what an MMORPG actually is.

The custard are you on?

Dungeons are not "wow stuff". Ultima Online had dungeons, DAOC had dungeons, Warcraft had dungeons, pretty much every PvP MMO (besides Shadowbane) has had dungeons.

Shadowbane didn't have an AH or quests or anything like that - but it didn't require you to log out to go vendor shopping and you could be killed while vendor shopping. Shadowbane had so many better systems than Crowfall does and it was created by some of the same gd people including J Todd himself. Its chat system was also functional and it's UI was scalable, skinnable, and fully customizable. Shadowbane was released in 2003 and I think Wolfpack Entertainment was founded around 2000. It took roughly half the time to develop and was a better game on release.

So you can take your "Crowfall is a real MMO" attitude and continue running with it, but those of us that don't need to "go old school to really find out what an MMORPG actually is" because we actually played old school MMORPGs are loling at you.

Edited by Gumber

On 9/20/2021 at 7:52 AM, Gumber said:

The custard are you on?

Dungeons are not "wow stuff". Ultima Online had dungeons, DAOC had dungeons, Warcraft had dungeons, pretty much every PvP MMO (besides Shadowbane) has had dungeons.

Shadowbane didn't have an AH or quests or anything like that - but it didn't require you to log out to go vendor shopping and you could be killed while vendor shopping. Shadowbane had so many better systems than Crowfall does and it was created by some of the same gd people including J Todd himself. Its chat system was also functional and it's UI was scalable, skinnable, and fully customizable. Shadowbane was released in 2003 and I think Wolfpack Entertainment was founded around 2000. It took roughly half the time to develop and was a better game on release.

So you can take your "Crowfall is a real MMO" attitude and continue running with it, but those of us that don't need to "go old school to really find out what an MMORPG actually is" because we actually played old school MMORPGs are loling at you.

sorry my mistake, i Was assuming you meant instance holy trinity type events.

1 hour ago, IceBolt said:

The entire interview reads like gordon is blaming the players XD

In parts I agree, he does come off a bit like "well i designed X like this but they didn't get it so i have to fix it now" which I took as being he tried a strategy realized it's not working and has to go back and think on why/ways to react differently.

There are parts in the interview where I hope he just gets the vibe of "Don't double down anymore on a bad strategy" in certain areas of the game. They tried a few things, didn't pan out once adoption took hold and scale issues arose. Now its about pivoting away from those moments and focus on what worked.

You can linger in a forum of a game you dislike and be toxic, or you can just move on play something different. If you can't move on then its probably time for you to seek some mental respite. 

I choose to play Crowfall - problems and all - because its a fun game. Why do you hate fun?