Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Call to boycott EK vendors

Potato_Meat

LOL, Dr elken.

Warning for what??? do what you want im done with this game and have been for weeks.

Seriously this forum is crowfalls endgame.

Edited by Thyme

9 hours ago, Dorizzdt said:

You're entire points were "who cares?"

What exactly are you fighting here. Objectivity or not caring? for a guy who doesn't care you seem to care a great deal at the moment. The pro/cons look at the situation from different angles.. as in PRO AND CON you sook.

Since you cant seem to read, here is an excellent source to get you started: https://www.hookedonphonics.com/

i had multiple points that proved your points wrong. and only 2 "who cares", even for those examples as to why no one would care. and those 2 points were so meaningless that it would not impact the game play in any way.,...ergo "who cares".

On 9/15/2021 at 12:36 PM, nihilsupernum said:

They did. It was the September Q&A.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1135041628

Timestamp: 55:35

The specific quote:

I'm more aghast that he thinks players have set up "really cool EKs". Like he really set foot into some of them and said "wow, this is really cool" and looked around for 10 seconds before logging back out.

No. No they haven't. They have set up some seriously derpy EKs, using Crowfall's seriously derpy terrain and building placement system, resulting in, at best, a confused jumble of barely usable garbage. As far as I can tell, you can't make anything like a "city" or anything reasonably coherent. And what you see in the big EKs represents mainly early backers working together to do something new players will never do without throwing absurd amounts of cash at the game store. (And new players will never get those crafting buffs since those are backer only.)

This is how you know dev vision has diverged so far from reality that we can no longer even see it from in the game.

Like not only do they not acknowledge the problems of these EKs and vendors, they think it's really cool.

Edited by Slamz

On 9/14/2021 at 3:32 PM, Potato_Meat said:

So until the dev's decide to actually better their game for newer players and create a more user friendly economy. I'm asking to boycott the vendor EK system. Don't buy anything off the EK vendors and make them useless. Use the discord channel instead. 

No

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

On 9/17/2021 at 3:33 AM, Dorizzdt said:
  • Buy/Sell orders can easily lead to gold value de-stabilization. PVE returns need to be balanced against product creation/destroyed per hour. Inherit latency in loot tables responding to market volume needs to be dynamic and immediate (i.e. does that mean mobs go for 30-70g per kill down to 10 because a whale has a huge buy order in play?)

Most of your cons don't make much sense. Loot tables do not need to be dynamic just because you created an AH. Saying that buy/sell orders lead to "value de-stabilization" while ignoring the instability caused by trying to use Discord as your means of buying and selling doesn't really help your case.

Syndicates can game the market already. I'd say it's way easier do game the market when the market is a limited selection of rarely stocked, scattered vendors. Somewhere, someone is probably undercutting you but no one can find them because the vendor system is terrible.

Removal of vendors and "market place" experience is not a con. That is a pro. The experience is garbage.

"Wartribe for sale only" is already a problem. It would be interesting to do an audit but I'd bet that a good 90% of what's on vendors, even in the big popular areas (maybe especially there) is wartribe junk.

"It will inflate costs." Actually it would inflate demand which would in turn signal players to engage in more supply. You might actually get a real economy out of this game if it was possible for economic interactions to be easy enough to actually start generating a real chain of demand and supply. I think you're trying to talk about "cornering the market" but that really only works for things we can't farm -- like a sword that only drops from some dragon once a week. It can't drive up supply because there's only that one dragon and it only spawns so often.

Since Crowfall's economy is entirely driven by how much time people feel like putting into farming, then any effort to "corner the market" on a good would just result in more happy farmers, making even more money, as they rise to meet demand (whether that demand is real or driven by some syndicate trying to buy everything is immaterial -- the end result is an increase in supply and the syndicate going broke trying to cover it).

That would be an actual healthy economy. Not a "con".

8 hours ago, Slamz said:

Most of your cons don't make much sense. Loot tables do not need to be dynamic just because you created an AH. Saying that buy/sell orders lead to "value de-stabilization" while ignoring the instability caused by trying to use Discord as your means of buying and selling doesn't really help your case.

Syndicates can game the market already. I'd say it's way easier do game the market when the market is a limited selection of rarely stocked, scattered vendors. Somewhere, someone is probably undercutting you but no one can find them because the vendor system is terrible.

Removal of vendors and "market place" experience is not a con. That is a pro. The experience is garbage.

"Wartribe for sale only" is already a problem. It would be interesting to do an audit but I'd bet that a good 90% of what's on vendors, even in the big popular areas (maybe especially there) is wartribe junk.

"It will inflate costs." Actually it would inflate demand which would in turn signal players to engage in more supply. You might actually get a real economy out of this game if it was possible for economic interactions to be easy enough to actually start generating a real chain of demand and supply. I think you're trying to talk about "cornering the market" but that really only works for things we can't farm -- like a sword that only drops from some dragon once a week. It can't drive up supply because there's only that one dragon and it only spawns so often.

Since Crowfall's economy is entirely driven by how much time people feel like putting into farming, then any effort to "corner the market" on a good would just result in more happy farmers, making even more money, as they rise to meet demand (whether that demand is real or driven by some syndicate trying to buy everything is immaterial -- the end result is an increase in supply and the syndicate going broke trying to cover it).

That would be an actual healthy economy. Not a "con".

Dont bother replying to that guy with valid points.

he is too drunk on copium that he will think you are "throwing a tantrum"

anyone with a goldfish level intelligence or higher would have known all his points were not cons at all.

10 hours ago, Slamz said:

I'm more aghast that he thinks players have set up "really cool EKs". Like he really set foot into some of them and said "wow, this is really cool" and looked around for 10 seconds before logging back out.

No. No they haven't. They have set up some seriously derpy EKs, using Crowfall's seriously derpy terrain and building placement system, resulting in, at best, a confused jumble of barely usable garbage

I couldn't agree more with this statement.  If the devs actually think their EK system in its current form is "cool and amazing", they are even further out of touch with what a moderately decent let alone an amazing housing system actually looks like. 

It is janky and clunky as hell and the topic has been beaten dead in previous posts so I won't rehash here.  Here is the kicker that I struggle to wrap my head around, people payed thousands of dollars for some of this garbage. 

Do the devs actually think they delivered thousands of dollars worth of value and do those people actually think they received thousands of dollars of value??  I personally am out hundreds of dollars and I don't for one moment think I actually got my moneys worth.

This is a pretty clear insight for me into why this game is struggling so much. 

I would challenge the devs to NOT reinvent the wheel.  Your not the trail blazers in this regard.  The trail has already been blazed.  See what's been done before and works and is successful and throw your own spin on it.....

9 hours ago, Drizzzt said:

If the devs actually think their EK system in its current form is "cool and amazing", they are even further out of touch with what a moderately decent let alone an amazing housing system actually looks like. 

When was the last time the EK system saw a real update or any dev work done to it? Like how far back in the dev cycle was it last touched at all for anything halfway major? Its supposed to be this center point for the game, the only real persistence, yet every core game design that was supposed to lock into has taken a 180 or been removed without locking new ones into place. EK system has been left on the back burner so long its unrecognizable, just a burn pile of trash.

20 hours ago, Slamz said:

And what you see in the big EKs represents mainly early backers working together to do something new players will never do without throwing absurd amounts of cash at the game store.

Exactly. Their system didn't "allow the players to set up some really cool EKs". Those are exclusively from the thousands dollar kickstarter crowd, and it's a safe bet that no player or guild post release will ever create anything even remotely close to those. They are simply out of reach for any new clan other than ones willing to throw thousands of dollars at the game. 

10 hours ago, Drizzzt said:

Do the devs actually think they delivered thousands of dollars worth of value and do those people actually think they received thousands of dollars of value??

I sure got tons of Stone fortification taking space in my vault. 1x1 corners? Block any wall passage and the 4th variant is exactly like the 3rd making it clash with 4th variant walls. 2x1walls? Arches, not walls. Towers? Can't connect things diagonally.

Flatish space in parcels or at least a way to make something feel fortified around access points? Nope.