Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'll just leave this here *VIDEO*

GMACK

stop at 2:45.

enjoy!

Edited by GMACK

On 9/2/2021 at 12:04 PM, blazzen said:

Yeah I think the premise of Crowfall relied upon more than the same 500 people from beta playing/fighting each other. 

7 hours ago, hidwulf said:

They were very good at communication when it matters to grab money, later on ...

Sadly, as is with most game dev companies, but for Crowfall it does seem like as the money was coming in, all smiles and sales pitches.  Current date/state used car salesmen.

Updates, content, fixes, etc have slowed down A LOT.

I think what they lost is that there isn't necessarily any shakeup going on. You "reset the map" but Uncle Bob still has all his power and glory and simply takes over the new map too. It's like okay, we reset the Risk map but everyone keeps their armies so yeah, have fun on the new map.

or

There are shakeups but the end result is pretty much the same....1 or 2 factions dominate, very early in the campaigns, because everyone joins them. Might be the makeup of these factions varies somewhat but the pattern is the same. Uncle Bob always establishes himself very early on.

It's really why Shadows is the better game mode, if ArtCraft would support it. It's very close to what Dregs turns into anyway except if you actually force everyone to join 1 of 3 factions and commit to it, you can create a much better balanced war.

Let me just say that i think where the DEVS went wrong was listening to the players. if they could have just created a game with out the "player investor" feed back i bet they could have made a better game. I feel like they created a game for one type of player, and we call that player, winterblades.

On 9/15/2021 at 4:42 PM, Tendeep said:

Sadly, as is with most game dev companies, but for Crowfall it does seem like as the money was coming in, all smiles and sales pitches.  Current date/state used car salesmen.

Updates, content, fixes, etc have slowed down A LOT.

I mean come on man, they actually did try. people who say they didn't are just unrealistic.  They wanted to create something great, but reality and a inconsistent player base that they tried to listen to happened.

24 minutes ago, bignick22000 said:

I mean come on man, they actually did try. people who say they didn't are just unrealistic.  They wanted to create something great, but reality and a inconsistent player base that they tried to listen to happened.

Every single kickstarter MMO that I've followed or heard of has been a monumental failure. I believe the only one that is doing gangbusters is star citizen but it is also probably never going to see the light of day as a finished game.

I don't blame the community or player base at all... I'm not sure why all these industry vets decided that this was the best way to start new ventures, but I don't think it's panned out as well as any of them had hoped it would. I guess it helped them get around the traditional publisher route, but instead they're beholden to investors. They've been there and done that and they failed pretty miserably - they couldn't even achieve parity with games that came out almost two decades ago in the case of Crowfall.

I think it's good to listen to players as a game developer - after all they're the ones you hope will play your game at the end of the day. Every software project needs a BDFL though, who knows when to say no. Not sure where ACE's was for Crowfall...

Edited by Gumber

11 hours ago, bignick22000 said:

Don't blame this on the players lmao.  Last I checked I am not making any executive level decisions (or any for that matter) that impact the game in anyway.  Rumor has it they did listen to the large guilds during KS, so maybe they got some bunk info there, but I can not say, not a part of that world.

So let us say they did try, cool...

As of "now" it seems like the trying has stopped, as I noted.  My statement was calling attention to current date, how things seem to have come to a grinding halt.

Edited by Tendeep

I would say it is totally unfair to say their intentions was to fail at the very beginning, they wanted something great! People can be delusional or have too much confidence that is another fact because no computing project (project at all) is happening how you thought it would. 

We could understand they have done what they could, I am not saying should as we were not in their shoes. But in the end people can truly wondering if in the few months before and after release they were in the same "right" behavior, to me it is not the case at all (lot of other threads here are covering this topic) and maybe this is why a lot of people cannot mourn easily because they are feeling betrayed and no-one can argue about a feeling it is personal.

Side jokes apart, general warning, everything I fund/back has gone to trash (this could be a hidden power or fate or very very always bad choices).

Edited by hidwulf

1 hour ago, hidwulf said:

I would say it is totally unfair to say their intentions was to fail at the very beginning, they wanted something great! People can be delusional or have too much confidence that is another fact because no computing project (project at all) is happening how you thought it would. 

We could understand they have done what they could, I am not saying should as we were not in their shoes. But in the end people can truly wondering if in the few months before and after release they were in the same "right" behavior, to me it is not the case at all (lot of other threads here are covering this topic) and maybe this is why a lot of people cannot mourn easily because they are feeling betrayed and no-one can argue about a feeling it is personal.

Side jokes apart, general warning, everything I fund/back has gone to trash (this could be a hidden power or fate or very very always bad choices).

They could just be honest with the player base.  If they need to jump ship or they made internal changes that are the cause of change/patch/fix slowing down they could just be more open.  Instead its "Here are things we are looking to do."  Then a month or so pass with no changes other than daily reboots and minor one (literally one) listed hotfix.  UI Nameplate bug still exists btw.

There have been no further major class balance changes, nothing new to test, that I have seen posted.  Their streams are not worth the time to watch, no useful information, no insight to what they are up to... carrot on a stick vibes.  Just saying.

I do not want this game to fail, just frustrated that it feels nothing is being done to prevent that fate.

Edited by Tendeep

On 9/17/2021 at 6:30 AM, Tendeep said:

Don't blame this on the players lmao.  Last I checked I am not making any executive level decisions (or any for that matter) that impact the game in anyway.  Rumor has it they did listen to the large guilds during KS, so maybe they got some bunk info there, but I can not say, not a part of that world.

So let us say they did try, cool...

As of "now" it seems like the trying has stopped, as I noted.  My statement was calling attention to current date, how things seem to have come to a grinding halt.

Your right, ultimately its their F up. What I meant to say was they were clearly trying to listen to players which lead to some inconsistent choices and the players they seemed to take MOST feed back from where the ones who liked the guild vs guild, no pve, dominate all other weaklings, zerg zerg zerg, type of players, cough cough winterblades. 

I mean how often did they talk about Large scale battles its just unrealistic that you would get even numbers out side of a Battle ground instance. The only way I could think of to get something remotely even would be to do a Old school wow arathi valley type of instance.

3 hours ago, bignick22000 said:

Your right, ultimately its their F up. What I meant to say was they were clearly trying to listen to players which lead to some inconsistent choices and the players they seemed to take MOST feed back from where the ones who liked the guild vs guild, no pve, dominate all other weaklings, zerg zerg zerg, type of players, cough cough winterblades. 

I mean how often did they talk about Large scale battles its just unrealistic that you would get even numbers out side of a Battle ground instance. The only way I could think of to get something remotely even would be to do a Old school wow arathi valley type of instance.

There was a point in the game were things changed alot for the worst and the one actually the point where they added rewards to the campaigns, this was when 2 of the larger guilds allied up on the same faction so they had twice the numbers than anyone other faction, we went from having 3 reasonably even number wise to 60% 30% 10% population spread across the factions it later became a 75% to 25% split when the puppies (unguilded/smaller guilds) all jumpted to the winning faction.

This was also when some guild mentality went to winning at all cost which included running alts in factions to spy on the other aswell as having alts jump onto seige equipoment that was place to attack there main guild keep preventing the use of that equipment and just sat there with no way to get them off. There was also a swing on forums posts with suggestions on the forums for sugestion that were based soley to benefit them and give them a further advantage and would then procced to +1 the post iverwwhelmingly with the use of there larger guild aswell as alt account to drown out anyone who protested agaist that choice and i guess ace just saw posts that showed overwhelming positive and went with it despite all this positive posts were mostly from 2 guild and there alts.

This all started when the reward were a gold coloured badge with the same stats as the silver variant that was equal stats sooo yeah human mentality of having to win kinda ruined the game to a degree. Cant blame Ace for following what appeared to be majority of player votes early on but it is what it is i feel it bit them in the ass in the end though

Veeshan Midst of UXA