Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Suggestion: (Craft Production Mechanic) - Crafting NPCs

Scarr

1) Purchase new "Crafting NPC" thrall for 5k gold.

2) Place new "Crafting NPC" thrall in your EK, or inside your KEEP, or in your stall in Dregs plaza.

3) Unequip your CRAFTING DISCIPLINE from your character when not in use, and INSERT your crafting discipline into your "Crafting NPC" designated slot, belts optional. (Could limit or not, the maximum quality for NPC crafters to Blue or Purple grade items).

4) Based upon the Crafting Discipline inserted, the UI interface for end users will be determined by and show those recipes.  A shopper would be shown exactly what materials will be needed to "Create" an RNG rolled item of their choosing.  Additional purchases could be offered such as consumables to boost quality, chance for rerolls, and other gold sinks.  

4a) Example 1: Craft a medium shield of Purple quality, focus on support power and healing crit amount as drop down selections.  The UI would show a minimum "required ingredients list" to the buyer.  The buyer would then gather those materials, then again open the menu and then insert those required materials.  Then also insert the price/cost set by the crafter NPC owner.  The crafter NPC would then create the item and it would drop into the inventory of the buyer.

4b) Example 2: Since there is no "NPC Crafter Inventory" visible to a customer, use that inventory for the owner to be able to stock it with raw materials, such as ore, wood, skins, stone, vendor purchased crafting items supplements, and other materials needed to craft or boost a craft.  If the NPC Crafter was stocked with the needed materials, then an option for a "gold only" purchase for the item could be established.  This option would create the same item as in 4a above, but the buyer would not provide any of the resources, instead the resources would be pulled from the inventory/stock of the Crafting NPC (which is stocked by the owner).  The owner would obviously need to set a higher "crafting fee" for this type of craft to cover the cost of the materials that they themselves supplied.  If not enough materials are present for a selected craft, then the buyer would be unable to choose this option and be told they must supply the materials or come back later when the NPC crafter has been restocked.

5) These NPC crafters would never really be able to "out do" or produce a better final product than the human owner itself, but it would still permit for the hard work of those crafters to not go to waste.  Also, there could be an additional 'CRAFT FEE' that is set by the NPC crafter owner, to simply USE their services.  This would create competition, and the supplemental options to enhance the production of the craft could also be offered by the NPC Crafter owner to entice customers over the competition.

This idea is to assist in offsetting the loss of guild crafters, the difficulty of getting your wares out to the market, the prevention of near constant "loss of playtime" burden for crafters to cater to the needs of would be customers, and to overall increase the fun of the game.

Edited by Scarr

7 hours ago, Scarr said:

This idea is to assist in offsetting the loss of guild crafters,

6 hours ago, Sporticus said:

Tying advancement that is intended to require a guild to achieve to one no trade item was a very poor design decision.

Requiring a guild to advance certain things was the real mistake. Plenty of hardcore grinders quit when they realized, they had to rely on others to harvest certain materials at all. Hardcore crafters would grind to level every craft if the mats were not impossible to get solo, this just makes it worse when crafters quit, because most the people staying never want to craft, or harvest either one, and those that do... quit when they can't find others to hit motherloads with.

4 hours ago, Nichivo said:

Requiring a guild to advance certain things was the real mistake. Plenty of hardcore grinders quit when they realized, they had to rely on others to harvest certain materials at all. Hardcore crafters would grind to level every craft if the mats were not impossible to get solo, this just makes it worse when crafters quit, because most the people staying never want to craft, or harvest either one, and those that do... quit when they can't find others to hit motherloads with.

This. So much This. I have said it before, they obviously thought crafters, gathers and pvpers are the same player mindset. They failed to make a game for crafters or gathers, they cut us off at the knees and told us the game is not for us, only HC pvpers. Now the HCpvp players dont want to gather and craft, who would have guessed. Forced group gathering was super lame, non closed econ loop was super lame. Game had hope just wish they listened to more then one singular group of people during the very long alpha and beta stages. I understand that group is for the most part whales that will pay any and all moneys they have IRL for a pvp advantage and that artcraft should have went for the pockets of those players, but they should not have built only for those players. I guess they will be able to charge the whales for crafters they can q up soon. I guess maybe getting rid of crafters and gathers creates a problem and soon they can start selling the whales answers.

1 hour ago, PsylentScream said:

This. So much This. I have said it before, they obviously thought crafters, gathers and pvpers are the same player mindset. They failed to make a game for crafters or gathers, they cut us off at the knees and told us the game is not for us, only HC pvpers. Now the HCpvp players dont want to gather and craft, who would have guessed. Forced group gathering was super lame, non closed econ loop was super lame. Game had hope just wish they listened to more then one singular group of people during the very long alpha and beta stages. I understand that group is for the most part whales that will pay any and all moneys they have IRL for a pvp advantage and that artcraft should have went for the pockets of those players, but they should not have built only for those players. I guess they will be able to charge the whales for crafters they can q up soon. I guess maybe getting rid of crafters and gathers creates a problem and soon they can start selling the whales answers.

You are not wrong, bad design choices, poor monetization. They actually without some major changes soon will not make more profit from whales. Whales feed on krill when the krill are gone the whales will follow. The choice to lock material behind motherloads only, doesn't make the game better in any way, it only serves to reduce the player base. They could have had minerals, and gems drop in lower quantity from regular nodes to maintain more players, and it would not have detracted from the game in any meaningful way.

They simply have made a great deal of what I like to call, "no common sense, game design" choices. They priced the average gamer out of EK's, which actually is costing them thousands, and thousands of dollars. They have a poor store front, which is missing the things needed to generate large amounts of revenue( I do not mean pay to win either).

Heck! They are constantly struggling with the Zerg, and can't seem to figure out, even when someone explains it to them, that the Zerg is a direct result of the way current timers work. I handed them one of just a few ways to deal with the Zerg on a silver platter, that would have also moved the game more towards actual strategy, and being a throne war sim.

I want the game to succeed, but I have been around games a long, long, long, time. It's simply obvious that if they do not make some quick changes to garner a larger base, and retain them, the game will be very short lived. It may actually be on track to beat anthem's demise record.

The refusal to address the economy, is not a good sign. They could maintain EK vendors, link all vendors to a data base, put a master vendor(auctioneer) in a building(auction house), and solve the horrible problems with bouncing through 20 eks not finding what you want. Just have people still need to add things to a vendor to be on the master vendor list. It would maintain the vision, while giving the players the functionality they want.

I like this idea.  There was another game that had crafting NPC's.  Let me think... what was its name....

OHH it was Shadowbane!  Which this game was supposed to be molded after? 

I would go a step further and add mines that guilds can fight over.  The mines produce the rare resources that crafting NPC's need to make good gear.  Maybe allow these NPC's to be placed at keeps.

Edited by Xaero

45 minutes ago, Xaero said:

I would go a step further and add mines that guilds can fight over.  The mines produce the rare resources that crafting NPC's need to make good gear.  Maybe allow these NPC's to be placed at keeps.

You just recommended making the game even more guild dependent, something which we can easily see has already shrank the general player base to miniscule proportions.

On 9/23/2021 at 3:49 AM, Nichivo said:

You just recommended making the game even more guild dependent, something which we can easily see has already shrank the general player base to miniscule proportions.

We can say a lot of things about this game but I am pretty certain its position on it being a Guild focused based game is pretty damn clear the whole way in all of its features.

This being your speculation and missing the whole focus of the game I'm not convinced you're on the same page here maybe?

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man

On 9/20/2021 at 6:18 PM, Scarr said:

This idea is to assist in offsetting the loss of guild crafters, the difficulty of getting your wares out to the market, the prevention of near constant "loss of playtime" burden for crafters to cater to the needs of would be customers, and to overall increase the fun of the game.

oof. turning crafting into a non existent role because somebody lost a guild crafter.