Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Where did everyone go?


Jacobin2020
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 9/24/2021 at 5:01 AM, hidwulf said:

At this point I really do not think timer or small fix like that could matter.

Could these small things remain current players? Maybe but for sure will not push gone players to come back and new ones to come in mass.

We are far past damage control, damage is done plain and full.

 

Your correct.  These minor things won't bring those of us who have left back.  For me, there would have to be a substantial major overhaul of many things to lure me back.  There is just to many other options made by people who understand such things to keep me busy in my free time to even waste one more second with people who are clueless to be frank....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/2/2021 at 2:38 PM, Drizzzt said:

Your correct.  These minor things won't bring those of us who have left back.  For me, there would have to be a substantial major overhaul of many things to lure me back.  There is just to many other options made by people who understand such things to keep me busy in my free time to even waste one more second with people who are clueless to be frank....

Personally I would love to know what some of these other options are, because where you say there are too many other options I'm literally over here scratching my head wondering what other options I have at this point..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mushufasa said:

Personally I would love to know what some of these other options are, because where you say there are too many other options I'm literally over here scratching my head wondering what other options I have at this point..

There's no point in anyone listing any games as it is very clear you will just dismiss any games given. So with that in mind, here is a genuine question for you: 

 Are you really under the impression that all the people who stopped playing Crowfall are just not playing games at all rather than going back to games they find more fun? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/6/2021 at 2:39 AM, mushufasa said:

Personally I would love to know what some of these other options are, because where you say there are too many other options I'm literally over here scratching my head wondering what other options I have at this point..

TV. Youtube. Another play of satisfactory. Skyrim. Paint some warhammer minis. Read a book. any activity where the people how created it have respect for me and my time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everyone's thinking it...New World allows my guild to capture a city/fort, siege another fort, do instanced PvP as well as open world PvP, tax the people using the local auction house and crafting tables, and there are people to fight. Not to mention the dungeons and world events, a crafting UI that doesn't feel like a puzzle to figure out, a UI in general, an amazing chat system LOL, a housing system that doesn't cost hundreds of real dollars to use and once you do use it, it doesn't glow and look like schit......phuck I could probably keep going.

@mushufasa get over it. I liked Crowfall a lot, but I get the overwhelming feeling that Artcraft gave up on the game before I, and you, have (where's Hungerdome? Oh yeah, they are working on a "new game"). And when you don't have confidence in the development team and you're constantly running into shills who try to strike down legitimate suggestions (I'm looking at everyone who denied this game needed a functional chat system), then you just gotta let go dude. I know you won't, but you trying to defend the game on the forums only paints you as a shill and pushes people away faster. I would love to see how many people gave up on this game faster than they normally would have, if it didn't have a community of neckbeard shills shutting down everyone who posts a suggestion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, skribbz said:

Everyone's thinking it...New World allows my guild to capture a city/fort, siege another fort, do instanced PvP as well as open world PvP, tax the people using the local auction house and crafting tables, and there are people to fight. Not to mention the dungeons and world events, a crafting UI that doesn't feel like a puzzle to figure out, a UI in general, an amazing chat system LOL, a housing system that doesn't cost hundreds of real dollars to use and once you do use it, it doesn't glow and look like schit......phuck I could probably keep going.

And.......

What are the scoreboard rewards for winning in new world? There are none. Your reward in that game is fun and glory.

Crowfall needs to be about fun .. not a serious work scoreboard grind. Change the blasted game! Its not expensive to do! New world has almost a million concurrent players....go figure!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As someone who is a founder but just rolled today I can say the game seems fairly fun, but the UI and lack of tooltips is dreadful.  I rolled an archetype and a new character just to make sure I wasn't imagining it.  On the new character I started with 2 abilities and lost one of those when I dragged it off the bar, and can't see any way to get it back.  I'm also not keen on my character name being my account username, or not being able to choose my faction (if there's a way I missed it). How do friends and guilds make sure they play the same faction?

Back to New World I guess.  I hope the game survives but I don't imagine it will in its current format.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, mourneuk said:

As someone who is a founder but just rolled today I can say the game seems fairly fun, but the UI and lack of tooltips is dreadful.  I rolled an archetype and a new character just to make sure I wasn't imagining it.  On the new character I started with 2 abilities and lost one of those when I dragged it off the bar, and can't see any way to get it back.  I'm also not keen on my character name being my account username, or not being able to choose my faction (if there's a way I missed it). How do friends and guilds make sure they play the same faction?

Back to New World I guess.  I hope the game survives but I don't imagine it will in its current format.

Your faction is set by your guild, or beside the big tree in the earth temple at around level 25, a quest asks you to choose one.

Edited by OldVamp
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, OldVamp said:

Your faction is set by your guild, or beside the big tree in the earth temple at around level 25, a quest asks you to choose one.

ah ok, thanks.  So the yellow and red icon beside my name isn't a faction that I'm just assigned?  I'll take a look on my archetype for the big tree.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, mourneuk said:

ah ok, thanks.  So the yellow and red icon beside my name isn't a faction that I'm just assigned?  I'll take a look on my archetype for the big tree.

I think you get assigned the faction (sun, moon, earth) with the least members currently when making a new character. Then you can change it at a point in the quest line or certain level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mourneuk said:

On the new character I started with 2 abilities and lost one of those when I dragged it off the bar, and can't see any way to get it back.

Default is "K" for powers. You can drag and drop on the hotbar itself, but the powers don't swap. The one you drag just overwrites the power already in the slot. 

If you can't see the power that was overwritten in the big list above the hotbar, then you need to check if you are in the Ranged or Melee tab. Some powers only display in one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Solstar said:

Default is "K" for powers. You can drag and drop on the hotbar itself, but the powers don't swap. The one you drag just overwrites the power already in the slot. 

If you can't see the power that was overwritten in the big list above the hotbar, then you need to check if you are in the Ranged or Melee tab. Some powers only display in one. 

There was nothing in K and only a ranged tab, which confused me.  It was like this on both the new character and the archetype, but I've just logged in now to make sure I didn't have another tab and there are all of my abilities in the ranged tab, so I must have been bugged earlier and it persisted across logging out to lobby multiples times.

Really weird.

Thanks for the replies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, mourneuk said:

There was nothing in K and only a ranged tab, which confused me.  It was like this on both the new character and the archetype, but I've just logged in now to make sure I didn't have another tab and there are all of my abilities in the ranged tab, so I must have been bugged earlier and it persisted across logging out to lobby multiples times.

Really weird.

Thanks for the replies.

Email support@crowfall.com , they are quite good at working through things like this, this seems game breaking.

Even though you backed the game, there are some things that have likely changed. The design of the game didn't finalize until about the end of 2020, there were some big changes. It might be worth going through the tutorial if you haven't already, there is a bunch of stuff that they teach you and its a bit more streamlined now. Going from a level 1 character might be more productive doing the tutorial as well, I'm not sure if doing the level 25 archetypes allows you to do the tutorial, but it might still be possible.

Edited by LashLash
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah most people left for New World, which sucks because New World is boring as hell with an absolutely incredible auto-ban system that makes PvP way more fun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/14/2021 at 1:13 PM, Otaran said:

Yeah most people left for New World, which sucks because New World is boring as hell with an absolutely incredible auto-ban system that makes PvP way more fun.

Yea I left for New World, more content more playable, more order, less chaos, less of a merry go round. But... that doesn't mean I wont come back cuz as you said New World is boring, and I feel like its cluttered making me feel claustrophobic. I wasn't going to get New World after playing the beta for a few days, but seems like they did make some new improvements, and thought Id give it another shot, and check back here in a few months.

But I feel where New World shines Crowfall fails, and where Crowfall shines, New world fails. Just cant win lol... I already know I wont stick with New World either...

Edited by xx.w00f.xx
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/6/2021 at 4:18 AM, BucDen said:

There's no point in anyone listing any games as it is very clear you will just dismiss any games given. So with that in mind, here is a genuine question for you: 

 Are you really under the impression that all the people who stopped playing Crowfall are just not playing games at all rather than going back to games they find more fun? 

 

Strange attack at me there..  While I enjoy Crowfall I'm not opposed to playing other games, not sure what gave you the impression that I'm just going to dismiss all of them.  Seems like you're just here to attack, when I'm asking a legitimate question because if there is actually a game that I might enjoy more that I'm not aware of I'd like to know.  But you do you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Waiting for them to finish the game.

Playing new world in meantime but that's gonna crash soon too due to lack of PvP lack of pve and economy that's gonna crash so hard in about 2 month if not earlier depend on how fast everyone levels

 

 

Crowfall combat is much better than new world ATM in new world U don't die in PvP unless U want to fight to the death. Attacking slows you down due to animation locks where running doesn't so you get 10+ min fights of people chugging food and pots until somone overstayed or somone walks ofgy

 

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I refuse to play new world. Went back and did old swtor expansions and leveled a few characters. Surprised how populated it is still. Although  even that pvp kinda sucks these days with no more pvp gear. Not enough rewards in crowfall for all the hours spent, zero desire to log in. Only stopped in to see if any post like this existed 😆

Edited by Borelock
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...