Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Where is the population?

rakeon

5 minutes ago, Blowfeld said:

My queue in New World for a less populated server is larger than the active CF community. lol

Sounds fun.

IhhQKY6.gif

1 hour ago, LashLash said:

The devs have shared their ideas and we've given feedback on the individual rewards system already, this is the link to that: 

I see a lot of scope to work this system into something that can retain players, especially in Shadow.

It's not the lack of meaningful rewards that hurts Shadows the most; it's the lack of other factions. The majority of Shadow players are Moon, they own most of the keeps and forts, and other than farming, there isn't much for them to do. And sure, some of them could switch to one of the weaker factions for more excitement, but what's the incentive? The game certainly won't reward them for swapping, in fact, they'll receive even fewer rewards because they lack an entire faction to help out. And a weaker faction can only be zerged so many times before it throws in the towel.

Until the devs care enough to put in an faction auto-balancer, or real incentives to join the weaker factions, Shadows will remain dead.

1 hour ago, macavity said:

Classic response from someone with a "ACE Development Partner & Investor" title.

Blame things on the players, instead of blaming things on the developers.

Or expecting players to actually make things happen rather than waiting passively for someone else to do it for them.  Lazy approach.

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

12 minutes ago, Sulong said:

It's not the lack of meaningful rewards that hurts Shadows the most; it's the lack of other factions. The majority of Shadow players are Moon, they own most of the keeps and forts, and other than farming, there isn't much for them to do. And sure, some of them could switch to one of the weaker factions for more excitement, but what's the incentive? The game certainly won't reward them for swapping, in fact, they'll receive even fewer rewards because they lack an entire faction to help out. And a weaker faction can only be zerged so many times before it throws in the towel.

Until the devs care enough to put in an faction auto-balancer, or real incentives to join the weaker factions, Shadows will remain dead.

The incentive to join a weaker faction could be that the individual rewards for being on said faction scales with your placement within your faction, and resets on faction change. Could mean that people who want to place higher automatically go to the less popular faction.

1 hour ago, Soulreaver said:

Or expecting players to actually make things happen rather than waiting passively for someone else to do it for them.  Lazy approach.

I'd like to hear some of your ideas of non-lazy approaches to how players can magically conjure up content for themselves, rather than having the developers make actual content for them.

IHaKjRO.png

"Crowfall's evolution has been interesting: when we started, the game leaned much more heavily on survival mechanics. over time we added more and more strategy and pulled the survival mechanics. by launch, we'll be the most strategic virtual universe (IMO surpassing Eve Online)" - J. Todd Coleman, January 5th 2020

1 hour ago, macavity said:

I'd like to hear some of your ideas of non-lazy approaches to how players can magically conjure up content for themselves, rather than having the developers make actual content for them.

Modding. I mean the whole MOBA genre comes from a player making a mod.

GM tools like in Neverwinter Nights.

But someone somewhere has to make those things available first.

34 minutes ago, arkh said:

Modding. I mean the whole MOBA genre comes from a player making a mod.

GM tools like in Neverwinter Nights.

But someone somewhere has to make those things available first.

I meant for Crowfall specifically.

IHaKjRO.png

"Crowfall's evolution has been interesting: when we started, the game leaned much more heavily on survival mechanics. over time we added more and more strategy and pulled the survival mechanics. by launch, we'll be the most strategic virtual universe (IMO surpassing Eve Online)" - J. Todd Coleman, January 5th 2020

i played for a few months, always staring at the ground. It didn't matter if there was population around me, was staring at the ground.