Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

7.200 Public Test Server Feedback for 9/24/2021

Test Patch Notes,  and Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported

Please share any bugs you noticed while playing the game, these are objective issues with gameplay. Overall feedback or opinions on systems should be directed to Test Feedback

If you can provide us with the steps you used to create the bug (reproducible steps), an image or even a short video clip that would be ideal and aid us in getting the bug entered properly into our tracking software. Additionally, if you run across a bug on LIVE, can you please try to reproduce it on our Test server as well and let us know if you're successful. 

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs, or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com. 

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Is this still an "in the works" kind of thing, or pretty much it?

This feels, well to be frank, a let down.

No QOL improvements that have been recently discussed (not going to list them for the sake of sanity).

No Balance Passes for Class Combat - buffs or nerfs - This is a big one

No mention of (fixing) the god awful trading zones in Dregs (they seem randomly generated and spread out for no reason other than to annoy the player base)

No mention of the many (not listing for the sake of sanity) asks by players.

No real modifications to the current play loop to really bring any players back (maybe a bit soon to ask for these, but Crowfall is hurting at the moment).

EK - Allow disc swaps and shorten the log out timer to 1 second also - This is also a big one

** Now this post may sound a bit pessimistic, but I really do want good things for Crowfall.  It just seems like so much silence, now when 7.2 drops, just not enough **

Edited by Tendeep

Crowfall I love you, but this patch hurts. This not a milestone patch, this is a patch of 100 hot fixes that should have been put in the game as soon as they were ready...

I was hoping for changes that would bring players into the game.
I was hoping for changes that would make players want to come back to the game.
I was hoping for changes that would keep people playing the game.
This patch is not it.

With NW launching and more players leaving, I am concerned about the game's population. Please make the next Dregs map relative to the population so we can at least see other people.

I was really looking forward to 7.200 with global conquest and the issues of 7.100, I feel like ACE missed the mark.

What happened to the PDM / Armor mitigation rebalance that was being tested last patch and pushed to 7.200?

There is only only 2 keeps per region in Dregs, so each large alliance will own the siege zones pushing everyone out of dregs.

No updates to shadows?! No class rebalance?! No EK disc swap?! Zero QoL updates?!

I'm glad you spent time fixing the awful New Player Experience but you might not get any new players to try it...

Looks like I'll be waiting for 7.300

9 minutes ago, Bzra said:

Crowfall I love you, but this patch hurts. This not a milestone patch, this is a patch of 100 hot fixes that should have been put in the game as soon as they were ready...

This patch is not it.

With NW launching and more players leaving, I am concerned about the game's population. Please make the next Dregs map relative to the population so we can at least see other people.

That.

At least give us a really small map where we can find and kill eachother

24 minutes ago, Bzra said:

This patch is not it.

14 minutes ago, Coiote said:

That.

At least give us a really small map where we can find and kill eachother

Yes, please, we really do need something to help with the population, but I am also afraid after even more leave, the larger guilds will still reign supreme, leaving nothing for the rest of us to do...

Edited by Tendeep

1 hour ago, Bzra said:

This patch is not it.

I was going to write out a long response but well said Bzra!

Any update on the chat system?

Edited by Drakano

The resource gathering responsiveness is very nice. (you can use pips while holding gather)

Leveling is very fast, and you get all the way to 30 before the PVE quests run out.

Edited by OldVamp

5 hours ago, Ardvent said:

What happened to the PDM / Armor mitigation rebalance that was being tested last patch and pushed to 7.200?

There is only only 2 keeps per region in Dregs, so each large alliance will own the siege zones pushing everyone out of dregs.

No updates to shadows?! No class rebalance?! No EK disc swap?! Zero QoL updates?!

I'm glad you spent time fixing the awful New Player Experience but you might not get any new players to try it...

Looks like I'll be waiting for 7.300

Al of this poorly made dergs.. oh well, .. 

5 hours ago, Bzra said:

with the map size changes, the bleeding pop, and the zerg guilds ability to dominate even easier, i don't think you'll have to worry much about seeing anyone anyway. I'd argue the larger map kept small guilds involved. If "involved" means getting steamrolled 10-15 against 5, well, the map change is good.. for the zerg at least. 

Edited by Armegeddon

I guess the strategy is to let the other devs release their MMOs and have this game ready once the people got burned out by those in 2 years or so.

Looking forward to playing some New World next week. Scratches my crafting itch more than my pvp itch, but still gave me much more entertainment in the betas then my weeks where I really tried to like Crowfall after following the project since Kickstarter.

The patch does not address any of the major QoL issues (many of which don't even require much work and most are so obvious there should be internal agreement even in this dev team), neither does it change or improve content or any of the core gameplay loops in any meaningful way.

This patch is a bunch of minor bugfixes and low effort / low impact changes.

Are these changes welcome? Sure. Is it what is needed? Not even close.

Population might hit rock-bottom after this seeing as even those who play are further disheartened and players that left still have no reason to give the game another try. New players? Well, the putrid stench of release does not get washed away with minor stuff like this so no, no new players attracted.

Devs will get nowhere polishing the turd, BIG, RADICAL changes to core gameplay systems and content are needed, a major shakeup of how the game is played, it is the only way to generate enough interest to bring back players and attract new ones, revitalize the playerbase. If it fails at least you tried. Same cannot be said seeing patch notes like this.

The stubbornness of thinking gameplay systems are fine, content is fine, it will become a great game with some tweaking and polishing comes off very clearly in interviews and in patch notes as well. 

Let me pop that bubble, obviously someone higher-up is giving you Peter Pan advice (delusional) or simply doesn't care, try to convince those boomers that the game would still be on its death-bed even if we brought the next several years-worth of mild polishing and tweaking of this type into reality today, right now.

Better stop polishing - start changing. Time running out. Potential being wasted.

Edited by Mookzen

Wonder how many people we will loose this dregs without any kina of balancing pass for some classes that are way overtuned.

Conquest point increase on keep also makes it pointless for smaller/medium guilds to even attempt to compete with conquest since the gap from keep wil be even greater aswell.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Arch druid still has the same problems as before, almost all abilities are lackluster long cool-down and no impact. You are split between healing and damage but are forced to choose, no additives for nature damage on vessels, no scaling on leeching seed, no mobility, and no point to them.  plz fix k thnx