Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Suggestion....

Jubileet

Stop working on the dreary old beta roadmap until you save the game from certain demise.

Then spend a few weeks making the FvF campaign a fun casual pvp mmo like planetside 2 with conquest connected territory capture points and locked factions that players cannot switch for at least 1 week.

Remove gear stats in fvf, just make everyone play on a fair level like guild wars 2 bgs. Remove the rewards/scoreboard since they are not as good as dregs anyway. Remove siege lock window times. Make it so a faction must connect their captures to form a territory where the frontline is always action packed for all size groups!

This way the nerds can farm like a second job and care about scoreboard points over in dregs, while the rest of us just enjoy fair fun conquest style pvp where there is always action because people will be fighting to capture keeps, forts, and outposts at their frontline warfront border 24/7 with no windows. The fvf campaign then resets when one faction conquers the entire land. Glorious glory and fun filled shennanigans ftw!

I imagine this would take no more than 2 inexpensive weeks to implement since its not added content, its just disabling functions already there. Then when the population soars to around 15,000 players bc conquest style FvF would be glorious fun..... We can talk about fixing dregs. Yikes.

This way dregs stays the same for hardcore nerds to farm and craft and care about lame scoreboard points, and then when they want some totally awesome pvp action, they can just hop over to the swinging new FvF conquest campaigns and have real fun while their dregs siege window is locked.

We have 3 days until cf population hemorrhages. Good luck! 

3 hours ago, Jubileet said:

Stop working on the dreary old beta roadmap until you save the game from certain demise.

Agreed - partially.

There is a lot of low effort high impact work that can be achieved in the next several "sprints" / "cycles' in the game that need not be added to. If anything I'd rather FvF and GvG merge, I mean what's the split between the two? If a Guild takes a keep on behalf of a faction they can get the same CQ points they'd get in GvG but also FvF points. 

There is really no reason to have two separate realms at this point in the game. Consolidate them both into one. For those who want pure FvF content, play on. For those who wan't GvG content again can play on. Either sides of the player base achieve their goals and who knows may lead to more guild / alliance creations.

Edited by Dorizzdt

You can linger in a forum of a game you dislike and be toxic, or you can just move on play something different. If you can't move on then its probably time for you to seek some mental respite. 

I choose to play Crowfall - problems and all - because its a fun game. Why do you hate fun?

4 hours ago, Jubileet said:

Then spend a few weeks making the FvF campaign a fun casual pvp mmo like planetside 2 with conquest connected territory capture points and locked factions that players cannot switch for at least 1 week.

Remove gear stats in fvf, just make everyone play on a fair level like guild wars 2 bgs. Remove the rewards/scoreboard since they are not as good as dregs anyway. Remove siege lock window times. Make it so a faction must connect their captures to form a territory where the frontline is always action packed for all size groups!

This way the nerds can farm like a second job and care about scoreboard points over in dregs, while the rest of us just enjoy fair fun conquest style pvp where there is always action because people will be fighting to capture keeps, forts, and outposts at their frontline warfront border 24/7 with no windows. The fvf campaign then resets when one faction conquers the entire land. Glorious glory and fun filled shennanigans ftw!

I imagine this would take no more than 2 inexpensive weeks to implement since its not added content, its just disabling functions already there. Then when the population soars to around 15,000 players bc conquest style FvF would be glorious fun..... We can talk about fixing dregs. Yikes.

This way dregs stays the same for hardcore nerds to farm and craft and care about lame scoreboard points, and then when they want some totally awesome pvp action, they can just hop over to the swinging new FvF conquest campaigns and have real fun while their dregs siege window is locked.

We have 3 days until cf population hemorrhages. Good luck! 

Much as I would like to see Crowfall turn things around. A few things in there work against growing the pop. Worse yet, there are a good deal of things about Crowfall that do not even have to do with the lack of a solid game play design, preventing them from growing a player base in the current game market.

I'm not saying it can't be saved. I am saying making the changes above, will not result in growing the population in 3 days. In  fact, I would wager making just the changes above. Would have very little actual impact do to other deep seated issues, not having to do with the actual game play.

37 minutes ago, Nichivo said:

I am saying making the changes above, will not result in growing the population in 3 days.

I suggested an estimate of about 2 weeks of dev team work, if they drop the roadmap for the time being... (3 days is just until nw steals even more population from cf)

Iceberg ahead! Will they say, "stay the course." Or will they say, "lets change direction!"

You say focusing the fvf on the core pvp aspects of the game wont help population, but can anything be worse than the current situation? My wager is not likely. I think if the game was all out pvp all the time in fvf and the weird life is 'feudal mmo dregs' can function along side it for those who want a break from the fvf frontlines warfare. It would definitely allow players to be like oh wait whats this come in, try the game again, and be like its play not work? I think i will stay and play some more! Would take weeks and maybe an email newsletter or a steam launch to implement properly but it would make the game incline in playerbase because its the fun part of the game that people enjoy but its buried beneath piles of work. And it doesnt hurt dregs folk so why not? It would save crowfall.

1 hour ago, Dorizzdt said:

Agreed - partially.

6 minutes ago, Jubileet said:

You say focusing the fvf on the core pvp aspects of the game wont help population

Actually, I did not say that at all.

I stated that. There are other deep seated issues not revolving around the game play, that are also preventing growing a player base. Ignoring that, and only focusing on the game play alone, simply will not grow the player base in the current market.

No matter how much I want the game to succeed. They simply can't ignore many other factors contributing to low population, and poor retention, and expect to turn things around

It has been 82 days(2,7 months) since Crowfall launched and they still haven't fixed the more trivial things such as the chat system, the overall UI, the lagging map, etc.

Let's look at all the patches since launch day and what they have changed in that timeframe, and which features that they consider to be "big" changes that were worth mentioning. Keep in mind that some things like the Shadow campaign, for example, were already 99% done pre-launch and that it wasn't something they created post-launch.

6.540:

• 1 jumpstart tome to skip the tutorial added to all accounts
  • Lowered gold from 1-25 Wartribe NPCs.

7.000:

• Introduced Shadow campaigns(FvFvF).
  • Duelist balance changes.
  • Assassin balance changes.
  • Zone cap raised from 200 to 250.
  • Dregs/Shadows rewards changes.
  • 24 hour cooldown added before you can join another guild after leaving one.
  • Trial accounts can't claim campaign rewards.

7.100:

• Introduced global servers to accommodate a smaller playerbase.
  • 500 alliance cap.
  • Sacrifice XP roll-over.

7.200:

• NPE updates.
  • Alliance cap changed to 15 guilds.
  • Doubled castle/keep mitigation value.
  • Dregs map changed to 4 adventure zones + 4 siege zones, split between 4 regions.

Other than that, it has mostly just been balance changes, performance optimizations, server stability changes, bug/glitch fixes, and other minor tweaks of things.

Here's their near-term roadmap. Things marked in white were/are slated for 7.200 and 7.300: 
https://i.imgur.com/QbzJgHG.png

Here's their mid-term roadmap:
https://i.imgur.com/pFY1JqK.png
https://i.imgur.com/SeJBKGt.png
https://i.imgur.com/kukaKq3.png

Finally, their long-term roadmap:
https://i.imgur.com/tD1Kjo2.png

They confirmed in their last stream that each patch cycle will be around 5-6 weeks per patch.

Now with that information plus the patches that we have already seen, plus the laid out roadmaps above, it seems fairly obvious that anything that could potentially save Crowfall is very likely MANY months out. I would not be surprised if CF is in a nearly identical state in 6 months from now.

It's incredibly obvious that they simply just can't make any big changes in any timely manner. Most likely because they are just a small skeleton crew that's keeping the game up until their next game is coming out.

Edited by macavity

IHaKjRO.png

"Crowfall's evolution has been interesting: when we started, the game leaned much more heavily on survival mechanics. over time we added more and more strategy and pulled the survival mechanics. by launch, we'll be the most strategic virtual universe (IMO surpassing Eve Online)" - J. Todd Coleman, January 5th 2020

6 hours ago, Jubileet said:

The tired excuse that their 60 person dev team is hard at work and just doesnt have the time to make life saving alterations to how crowfall functions is played out. Maybe we tolerated that excuse for years. But its 2 months past launch and the devs still think players who bought the game will come back and play it because their 7.2 patch gives better NPE quest rewards lol.

These devs are told what to do by an out of touch lead designer.

No, we wont tolerate you defending ace's Sheer Incompetence any more. 

I dont believe they are incompetent. They had to foresight to see in 2018 that there was problems and formed a new division to work on marketing their game engine. then in 2019 they started planning for their next game. In 2021 they moved their lead dev and team to another project officially via their own stream. They planned to early launch to charge for the beta as per gordon's own mouth, which they did. There is a disconnect between the players expecting resources to be applied towards crowfall and the company putting their resources towards something that can actually make them a profit. 

On 9/25/2021 at 1:45 PM, Jubileet said:

Remove gear stats in fvf

If I was king:

Remove gear stats from all Wartribe gear and reduce the base armor/damage stat by about 30%.
Cap Shadows at the level of green gear. You can't equip anything better than green.
Implement an auction house, local to each keep.

Done! 1000% better gameplay.

I like a lot of the other ideas too but doing the above would put crafters back in the game, give people good incentive to buy even lower tier crafted items (made by lower tier crafters) and would eliminate the worst of the highest end gear that damages PvP.