Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Necromancy Additives = Bad Game Design


ShuaiGe
 Share

Recommended Posts

The new Necromancy additives are available only as campaign rewards and are straight up superior to their farmable counterparts. This is bad game design as it allows those who win a campaign to snowball their win into an advantage that cannot be matched through effort. You've created unique power creep rewards that only those who are in the top 20% will have access to.

Make campaign rewards cosmetic, or EK rewards, or generic farmables as previously done. Don't make the rewards unique necromancy additives that can only be obtained in this way. This is bad design and I'm surprised to be the first to complain about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a joke ACE, absolutely clueless and out of touch.

I don't want to kill more rats, fill another experience point bar or collect another meaningless badge. I want to play a GAME against PLAYERS, where my actions, my decisions and my SKILL will determine if I win or lose. Allies. Enemies. Alliances. Betrayal. risk. Conquest. To compete with THOUSANDS of other players for a chance to claim the THRONE. Even if i lose, the experience won't feel hollow. I don't want another worthless trophy.

PLAY TO CRUSH

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I sincerely hope this is a stop gap for the Campaign Reward Tokens, and they are just adding these to get them in the game right now, but will be available on the Token Vendor later. 

 

Though, to be fair. Me and three other guildmates were able to cap outposts to get into the 40% reward tier. It wasn't very hard

Edited by Solstar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How would this interact with the proposed token design system? If it is just about placing well a few times I dont see why not. Like some people said, reasons to try to win is always good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, releasing these is pretty dumb, giving the top guilds yet another advantage over everyone else. Rewards have to give motivation, but rewarding the top teams by making them more powerful does little but demotivate those who didn't get those rewards, as they realise next time will be even more difficult, since next time they'll be even more heavily outmatched. Also love that the people saying this is fine are in guilds who recieved those rewards. Fk off :p.

Edited by Cerberias
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Cerberias said:

Also love that the people saying this is fine are in guilds who recieved those rewards. Fk off :p.

That is a bad assumption on your part. I didn't get any of these rewards. Are these even on LIVE yet, or these still on TEST?

You aren't going to lose a campaign because of these necro additives. That is absurd.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jah said:

That is a bad assumption on your part. I didn't get any of these rewards. Are they even on LIVE yet, or these still on TEST?

You aren't going to lose a campaign because of these necro additives. That is absurd.

These are on live, theyre considerably better than their same quality counterparts and of course these alone wont make you lose, but each little advantage like this gives another advantage to the teams already ahead - in this case one that can't even close the gap via farming - and that's demoralising for lower ranked players. A blue quality reward additive is significantly better than a legendary natural additive, which is nuts.

I also didn't say you got the rewards, I said your guild did (find it interesting that you quoted the text yet still made that mistake), and your guild recieved the ones that are so far beyond what we the rest of us can get. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Cerberias said:

These are on live, theyre considerably better than their same quality counterparts and of course these alone wont make you lose, but each little advantage like this gives another advantage to the teams already ahead - in this case one that can't even close the gap via farming - and that's demoralising for lower ranked players. A blue quality reward additive is significantly better than a legendary natural additive, which is nuts.

I also didn't say you got the rewards, I said your guild did (find it interesting that you quoted the text yet still made that mistake), and your guild recieved the ones that are so far beyond what we the rest of us can get. 

I didn't know they were on LIVE, or that my guild got any, so I assure you it has no impact on my long-held belief that rewards for victory are actually a good thing.

Its a matter of preference. Some people like rewards to actually give advantages, some don't. Neither side is wrong.

I don't know why you are so convinced that you can't win.

IhhQKY6.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jah said:

I didn't know they were on LIVE, or that my guild got any, so I assure you it has no impact on my long-held belief that rewards for victory are actually a good thing.

Its a matter of preference. Some people like rewards to actually give advantages, some don't. Neither side is wrong.

I don't know why you are so convinced that you can't win.

Mate that's twice youve quoted me while simultaneously completely misrepresenting what i said. I specifically said that while it wont make us lose, it's another disadvantage to guilds that didn't win, and clearly a guild that won doesn't need any more advantages. There's a reason you don't give good items to first place in Mario Kart, and it's not a 'neither side is wrong' situation when there are actual effects we can look at and see happening, even if anecdotally. There were quite a few people in my first guild who got demoralised after seeing the massive gear disparity between the top tier guilds and ourselves, which combined with the top tier guilds getting far ahead with extra rewards, led to a few people leaving the game. But hey, 'neither side is wrong' right, classic winterblade move.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Cerberias said:

Mate that's twice youve quoted me while simultaneously completely misrepresenting what i said. I specifically said that while it wont make us lose, it's another disadvantage to guilds that didn't win, and clearly a guild that won doesn't need any more advantages. There's a reason you don't give good items to first place in Mario Kart, and it's not a 'neither side is wrong' situation when there are actual effects we can look at and see happening, even if anecdotally. There were quite a few people in my first guild who got demoralised after seeing the massive gear disparity between the top tier guilds and ourselves, which combined with the top tier guilds getting far ahead with extra rewards, led to a few people leaving the game. But hey, 'neither side is wrong' right, classic winterblade move.

Of course he's WB, Jah plays this game of semantics.. word play.. He's "Well Read". of course. I don't know why he bothers.. They'll be happy to destroy the game just to say they won. But hey, they have alliance mates that form an unstoppable zerg. Guess the echo chamber they created on the "Rich Boy Forums" paid off...
 

.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cerberias said:

There's a reason you don't give good items to first place in Mario Kart, and it's not a 'neither side is wrong' situation when there are actual effects we can look at and see happening, even if anecdotally.

Yes, and there is a reason that some games do give good items for winning. It really is a 'neither side is wrong' situation. Some people like games that grant power for winning and some don't.

Crowfall is full of mechanics that reward winners and punish losers. Player looting. Control of respawn points, mobs, and resources. Keep buffs. To the victor go the spoils.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Cerberias said:

Mate that's twice youve quoted me while simultaneously completely misrepresenting what i said. I specifically said that while it wont make us lose, it's another disadvantage to guilds that didn't win, and clearly a guild that won doesn't need any more advantages. There's a reason you don't give good items to first place in Mario Kart, and it's not a 'neither side is wrong' situation when there are actual effects we can look at and see happening, even if anecdotally. There were quite a few people in my first guild who got demoralised after seeing the massive gear disparity between the top tier guilds and ourselves, which combined with the top tier guilds getting far ahead with extra rewards, led to a few people leaving the game. But hey, 'neither side is wrong' right, classic winterblade move.

Careful, you might get suspended for "personal attacks" when dealing with that guy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have zero issues with winners receiving more and better loot for the victory. I do think adding a token/vendor system would be a good thing though, because I agree there should be more ways to obtain them. We got some of the green and blue additives from the last campaign though, and that should be doable for any small guild.

Edited by BelmontHalo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They need to hurry up with a token system where everyone get tokens based on the position they placed top 5 percent they get 950 token top 10perc gets 900 top 15 is 850 and so on.

Extra 300/200/100 for 1st 2nd 3rd aswell for each category. Conquest, power glory wealth and so on.

These token are tradeable or item U purchase tradeable this way guild leader can claim them and hand them out as rewards to guild members who did well.

Token are used to purchase thing like current rewards.

This will also reward skill more than numbers since zergs will often top the board but smaller guild that score high will have more token per player ratio allowing them to get more per player than zergs.

 

 

 

 

 

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Gabz said:

Rewards play a role in motivation to compete in the campaign.

 

10 hours ago, Jah said:

Crowfall is full of mechanics that reward winners and punish losers. Player looting. Control of respawn points, mobs, and resources. Keep buffs. To the victor go the spoils.

And yet here we are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Bobbel said:

What are these new items supposed to do?
I cant find anything about them?

They are similar to the current necromancy additives, but straight up better. For example, a regular berserker heart adds 1.5 con and 1.5 con cap values to your vessel, which then are further increased during experimentation. The new unyeilding berserker heart gives these same con values plus an additional 6.2 stamina. Each unyeilding additive is similar to this with them having the exact value of a current additive plus an additional benefit.

I think it's bad enough to introduce these at all. The game does not need power creep only three months after soft release with a population under 2,000 and with so many other things that should take priority in development like the chat system, pdm stacking, game balance, zone capping etc.; however, I think the terrible game design aspect is introducing these with the only method of acquiring them being through campaign victory. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...