Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

7.200.0 Live Feedback for 10/7/2021

Update Notes,  and Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported

Please share any bugs you noticed while playing the game, these are objective issues with gameplay. Overall feedback or opinions on systems should be directed to Feedback

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs, or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com. 

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Patch notes talk about the new armor mitigation coefficient but dont say what it ended up being for live.  Is it the 20% increase to the coefficient like on Test or was the value changed?
unknown.png

Edited by FatherJim

fatherjimforumsig.gif

I have to say I am very excited about this update. Look forward to playing it. I have some concerns but can deal with most of them. I do have 1 question though. It does not appear to have anything to combat the "ZERG" issues that is running wild in CF creating more and more loss of players and reduction in the creation and retention of new player. 

• What happened to Handshake sieges?
  • What has been done to combat the zerg issue?
  • What is going to be done to combat the zerg issue?
  • Does crowfall plan to do anything about the zerg issue?

Just now, Drakano said:

I have to say I am very excited about this update. Look forward to playing it. I have some concerns but can deal with most of them. I do have 1 question though. It does not appear to have anything to combat the "ZERG" issues that is running wild in CF creating more and more loss of players and reduction in the creation and retention of new player. 

• What happened to Handshake sieges?
  • What has been done to combat the zerg issue?
  • What is going to be done to combat the zerg issue?
  • Does crowfall plan to do anything about the zerg issue?

I believe there are some updates coming in 7.3 in November to make small scale pvp more viable.  Maybe not killing the zerg or handshake sieges but still stuff to promote and "protect" small scale pvp.  Or thats the hope.  This was a QoL type patch from the looks of it with a significant pass at making armor matter again.

fatherjimforumsig.gif

Just now, FatherJim said:

I believe there are some updates coming in 7.3 in November to make small scale pvp more viable.  Maybe not killing the zerg or handshake sieges but still stuff to promote and "protect" small scale pvp.  Or thats the hope.  This was a QoL type patch from the looks of it with a significant pass at making armor matter again.

I think they said they would put it in 7.200. I don't see it though :(

so these lines: [brackets are my additions for clarity later]

• Alliances now can contain up to 15 guilds
  • The Alliance Leading guild [Big Shield] now receives the accumulated Conquest points for its sub guilds [Small Shields]
  • This is reflected in the Leaderboard and the final Conquest ranking and rewards.

Does that mean Big Shield member gets conquest points generated by Small Shields, and Small Shields get 0 points towards conquest? Would that mean Small Shields get no rewards at end of campaign (they have 0 conquest points?)

Edited by Gremel
clarity

Graveyard Harvesting Organization, Union Local 451 [GHOUL-451] is recruiting, talk to your local union rep.

2 minutes ago, Gremel said:

so these lines:

• Alliances now can contain up to 15 guilds
  • The Alliance Leading guild now receives the accumulated Conquest points for its sub guilds
  • This is reflected in the Leaderboard and the final Conquest ranking and rewards.

Does that mean Big Shield member gets conquest points generated by Small Shields, and Small Shields get 0 points towards conquest? Would that mean Small Shields get no rewards at end of campaign (they have 0 conquest points?)

That is what it sounds like to me.

Just now, Drakano said:

That is what it sounds like to me.

that sounds troubling

Graveyard Harvesting Organization, Union Local 451 [GHOUL-451] is recruiting, talk to your local union rep.

Every guild still earns points on their own.  All guilds in an alliance have their points added up to show an alliance score that's the sum of the participating guilds but will show as the Big Shield guild until you expand the listing on the leaderboard.

If a guild leaves an alliance then so do their points being added to the sum total for that alliance they left and instead they now show on the leaderboard in the position their points would place them in.  Or if they join a different alliance then their points would then go into the sum of that alliance total. 

What I am still unsure of is if the Big Shield guilds placement for rewards is the sum score or if it's their own points gained still.   

Screenshot_20211007-184334_Discord.jpg

Edited by FatherJim

fatherjimforumsig.gif

Feels like GR is being shoehorned in as a Shadows campaign.  Forcing everyone into the same GR when everyone has to grind so much gold to get anywhere with crafting/harvesting just feels pointlessly cruel.  I don't hate the map in the context of a faction campaign, but why does the global population all need to be forced into the same tank for a starter world?

13 hours ago, FatherJim said:

Every guild still earns points on their own.  All guilds in an alliance have their points added up to show an alliance score that's the sum of the participating guilds but will show as the Big Shield guild until you expand the listing on the leaderboard.

If a guild leaves an alliance then so do their points being added to the sum total for that alliance they left and instead they now show on the leaderboard in the position their points would place them in.  Or if they join a different alliance then their points would then go into the sum of that alliance total. 

What I am still unsure of is if the Big Shield guilds placement for rewards is the sum score or if it's their own points gained still. 

How does this not just produce an end of campaign game of "who can we ally with to increase our standing"? This seems super exploitable. Can guilds shed players at end of campaign, ally up to aggregate points, win, and then invite everyone back?

I really feel that alliance score should be the score of the leading guild plus any points gained by allied guilds only while part of that alliance. If a guild leaves an alliance their points should be subtracted from the alliance score, but if they join an alliance their points should not be added to the alliance score. Example:

• Guild A, Guild B, and Guild C ally at start of campaign. A scores 100 points, B scores 200 points, C score 300 points.
    • Guild A=100, Guild B=200, Guild C=300, Alliance ABC=600 points.
  • Guild A leaves Alliance ABC and joins Guild D with 400 points in Alliance AD.
    • Guild A=100, Guild B=200, Guild C=300, Guild D=400, Alliance BC=500, Alliance AD=400
  • Guild A gains 100 points while part of Alliance AD.
    • Guild A=200, Guild D=400, Alliance AD=500
Edited by Pystkeebler