Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

7.200.0 Live Feedback for 10/8/2021

Update Notes,  and Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported

Please share any bugs you noticed while playing the game, these are objective issues with gameplay. Overall feedback or opinions on systems should be directed to Feedback

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs, or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com. 

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

9pm EST Fort Window with a 10pm EST Siege is to late for most people. 8pm Forts and 9pm siege would work much better for most of my guild. Most people working can't stay up until 11pm/midnight most week nights for the EAST window. Please shift back 1 hour to 8pm Forts 9pm Siege 10pm Forts! ❤️

3 hours ago, Bzra said:

9pm EST Fort Window with a 10pm EST Siege is to late for most people. 8pm Forts and 9pm siege would work much better for most of my guild. Most people working can't stay up until 11pm/midnight most week nights for the EAST window. Please shift back 1 hour to 8pm Forts 9pm Siege 10pm Forts! ❤️

I felt this same way about the siege window on NA-W, and I'm PST.  They are too late by about an hour, IMO. 

The alliance scoring is a bit confusing. So do the sub-guilds get rewards for their points? The scoreboard implies that they don't and only the head guild will get the rewards, and the sub-guilds get zero points? Does it count against the percentiles as well?

6 hours ago, LashLash said:

The alliance scoring is a bit confusing. So do the sub-guilds get rewards for their points? The scoreboard implies that they don't and only the head guild will get the rewards, and the sub-guilds get zero points? Does it count against the percentiles as well?

My understanding is the alliance leader gets to claim the rewards and distribute them at their discretion.

Ladder cool down should be decreased from 3 to 2 seconds. I understand we don't want people spamming ladders but 2 seconds should be enough.

5 hours ago, Retchet said:

My understanding is the alliance leader gets to claim the rewards and distribute them at their discretion.

The rewards will be reduced then relative to an alternate strategy of breaking up the alliance at the end of the season to maximize rewards. It seems like a poor mechanic.

This is quite the departure from the previous season, and even not immediately obvious from the patch notes. The wording for the patch notes were always ambiguous though. It isn't clear if it is intended on how this is handled. The sub-guilds don't have a placement on the wider board, and the entire alliance is grouped for the placing. So my first impression is that the percentiles then will also be quite broken. 

I expected that the sub-guilds would still be existing on the wider leaderboard, with their own score, but marked as allied under a banner. This way percentiles make sense, and rewards make sense for subguilds.

If the subguilds truly are expected to be zeroed, and not counted, then alliance scoring results in a system where you are essentially just merged to the head guild. This actually reduces rewards overall across the entire server, due to how the percentiles work. Which actually reduces the incentive to be a small guild in an alliance, since now your total rewards for the same group of guilds is less than how it was structured before. This will also result in some min-max reward shenanigans at the end of the season.

It also completely changes the scoring strategy throughout the season depending on the implementation. So it is important to get clarity on this now.

Here are some pros/cons on this system if the assumptions are correct on how it is working now:

Benefits to not being allied officially (but just agreeing to be friendly):

1) You get to keep your points and rewards, likely maximizing rewards

2) Number of eligible guilds grow, making it easier to make top 20%

Benefits of being officially allied:

1) Shared Keep access

2) No friendly fire in attacks/defences

You also have the weird situation that you might not be able to predict your rewards and percentiles, due to potential alliance break ups to maximize rewards. It's a real headache.

In what appears to be the current implementation (sub-guilds are essentially merged into the head guild), let's say that your alliance is about to become 4th place at the end of the season. Let's say this just makes it so that you have made the top 20% scoring reward. Well, the correct play will be to break up the alliance until it still just makes the top 20%, but have the kicked guilds collect in their respective percentiles, since the top 40%, 60% and 80% rewards are still non-zero, therefore you are maximizing your rewards.

My suggestion: Make it so that sub-guilds still score with their own score on the leaderboard. Let them collect the rewards. The head guild just receives their points as a bonus. This should be made explicit. This suggestion should resolve the above issues with alliance break-up shenanigans, but also incentives for the small guilds to actually ally up. Only positives to being in an alliance as a small guild, no negatives. I don't see the double counting of conquest points as being an issue, treat it like an alliance bonus rather than bulk alliance scoring.

The percentile problems also are going to persist. Since the actual number of guilds in the board affects all conquest scoring rewards. Please refer to this suggestion to fix that as well: 

Edited by LashLash

12 hours ago, LashLash said:

6 hours ago, Retchet said:

I have heard differently. It's been said that every guild in an alliance gets the reward for whatever their total alliance conquest points get. Meaning, if your Alliance finishes first, every guild in that Alliance gets the 1st place reward. 

It would be nice to get confirmation on whatever one is correct. 

21 hours ago, Bzra said:

Same for Euro times.

21 minutes ago, Solstar said:

I have heard differently. It's been said that every guild in an alliance gets the reward for whatever their total alliance conquest points get. Meaning, if your Alliance finishes first, every guild in that Alliance gets the 1st place reward. 

It would be nice to get confirmation on whatever one is correct. 

The issue is clarity haha!

Your theory is a completely new one to what I've heard! There are a few possibilities right now.

Your theory is easy to abuse. You get the winning alliance. They have slots free for the alliance. They drop someone from the guild within the alliance in case they are at the member cap. They make a new one person guild, and add them to the alliance at the end of the season. They suddenly multiply the first place rewards. Completely broken. Basically ensures you can have 15x rewards for first place no matter what given 15 guilds in an alliance. Also means that you everyone just wants to join winning alliances, and not caring about personal small guild progression at all. This will mean small guilds will not be invited into larger alliances, which was the point of the update, as now their rewards will not be proportional to their contribution. You are better off making a puppet guild and keep the multiplied rewards to yourself, with everyone being a complete slave to the large head guild there.

I hope this can be resolved, this is a bit pressing as we sort out the alliances and how to do our strategy for the campaign.

Edited by LashLash

Bunch of chests (2 noble and 2 vassal IIRC) disappeared from a Company Garrison in our EK sometime in the last 24 hours. Confirmed no one but myself should have been able to eject them. Im being told they disappeared pre 7.2 possibly

Someone said they saw something about it in a patch note and I found it all in an inventory. Can ignore.

Edited by Duffy
Found Items

xqqtx8P.png

Not being able to interact with harvesting and crafting disc vendors until you've talked to the vessel vendor is a frequent complaint I hear. Like me, most people just assume it's a bug and don't even know what to do about it.