Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Feedback] The Lack of Treasures and Toys

Hello,

So, I've been VIP since release, and I intend to remain VIP to support the game. I believe in the Throne War vision of Crowfall, and more importantly I think the game has something unique in the Campaigns.

However, outside of the Throne Wars and the Campaigns, you need to give people are reason to give a poorly made dergs about logging in for the night.

The expected gaming cycle of Crowfall from what I see is to start a Campaign, all excited and eager, discover the new map and opportunities, and then start the first fights and attacks. Then the Farming begins, pushing further those who are in the grind for Discs and Toolbets. Then the Throne Wars go full force, with people eyeing the scoreboard constantly! Once that's over, the winner wins, and everyone, exhausted from the grind and battles, take a break from the game until the next campaign that will pique their interest.

That's all fine and dandy, but there is one problem.

What's with the casual player that doesn't eye the scoreboard constantly or doesn't have the time to grind?

You need to give a reason to give those players to again, give a poorly made dergs about logging for the night.

And the reason they don't, is that unlike many games out there, the game is lacking two important things, TREASURES and TOYS!

Treasures are needed to give a reason for people to expect something out of playing for the night.

However, what the game consider as Treasures are not Treasures, they are Commodities. They have nothing unique, they can be obtained from just grinding, and more importantly, they are not exciting (and that in no fault because of the obtuse crafting system and the tier system).

As for Toys, those are needed for a simple reason.

To give a reason for people to give a custard about each others.

Something like Noggenfogger in WoW is a good example, something like Fireworks in EVE Online is also a good example.
Pretty much, ways for people to interact with each others outside of combat, and more importantly, to show off in a non-combat way.

If you do not have Toys, you do not really have an MMO, you have an Open-World Battleground.

That Crowfall does not have those two crucial elements is dangerous! It means that right now, only those who care about the Throne grind will care about staying in the game, and those are bound to be exhausted and take a break from the Campaign system.

I would suggest adding special types of gears that would drop from the wilderness, that would have very low durability but would have extra stats and effects.
I would also suggest some special crafting components that would be used with easier crafting formulas, and that would allow for some easy crafting with useful rewards, Cooking would be a good avenue for that!
And finally, I'd suggest some VIP-only Toys and Trinkets that would be offered each month to VIP players. Make them able to drop, so that non-VIP players can eventually get their hands on them!

Here, I hope that feedback won't be wasted, Godspeed and I really hope the game succeeds!

Edited by ControlBlue

Wrong, the game needs to supply fun for player retainment. Modeling treasures and toys is expensive development that they cant afford after this blunder of a soft launch.

We need to do away with the scoreboard and make the game about conquest, fun and glory.

People should log in to have fun. Not log in like theyre clocking in to a second job to earn a paycheck.

We want fun! Make the game less serious.

2 hours ago, Jubileet said:

We need to do away with the scoreboard and make the game about conquest, fun and glory.

Well, if you actually read what I say, this is what I am saying.

What's the point, outside of the scoreboard, to go and pillage or attack someone else?

To take their stuffs.

What are you gonna take? More gold, don't you have enough gold already?

I'd say they should unique things to the game that would be both fun to have and fun to take.

1 hour ago, Cheech said:

this is a joke post right?

There is something really wrong with your pfp...

OP is actually 100% right, Ultima online is like what 25 years old now, people have been paying every month and refreshing their houses because it is full of toys, trinkets, and history of your conquests.   All of those things that have no combat value have something else, they have sentiment.  There is no sentiment in the Crowfall, 1 bad night of losing and getting ganked and there is absolutely no reason to play again.  But in ultima no matter how mad people get it retains people because of the deco, the clothing, the rare drops etc.

Edited by eaos

let us display the skulls from our victories in our EKs -- on spikes, on walls, on our belts, wear them like hats, make thrones out of them, etc.

Edited by Gremel

Graveyard Harvesting Organization, Union Local 451 [GHOUL-451] is recruiting, talk to your local union rep.

1 hour ago, Gremel said:

let us display the skulls from our victories in our EKs -- on spikes, on walls, on our belts, wear them like hats, make thrones out of them, etc.

I want to hang the skulls of the blackguards that failed on my walls right now