Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Faes and Guinecians Keep Entry

ACE-Tiggs

3 minutes ago, Dorizzdt said:

He'd have to *actually* login to play the game to do that though :)

First time I post on here in 14 days and you're there to react to my post and then also proceed to talk directly about me, literally 1 hour later.

IHaKjRO.png

"Crowfall's evolution has been interesting: when we started, the game leaned much more heavily on survival mechanics. over time we added more and more strategy and pulled the survival mechanics. by launch, we'll be the most strategic virtual universe (IMO surpassing Eve Online)" - J. Todd Coleman, January 5th 2020

Boys, boys… Easy…

we would like an answer though… is it acceptable or not to continue to use a bug/unintended feature or not?  

We all understand it wasn’t the intention to allow Fae to fly around everywhere.  The question is…  Is it ban worthy?  Also, before that is answered…. We all understand that banning someone means they abused a mechanic or bug and it was game breaking…. I am more then happy to share why this is game breaking…. I would rather not on the forums, as I would potentially be breaking the rules…. I am more then happy to share them via PM, or allowed publicly on the forums for the community to judge…

14 minutes ago, Snowye said:

fae can currently get in keeps without flying bug

But can Fae not fly around with their guildmates landing on unsuspecting prey when they can see and attack opponents, and the opposition can’t see or attack them?  That is the question?

Can Fae realize that the flying bug is a bug and not use it all day everyday?

These are the questions that we want to know the answer to.

21 minutes ago, Armegeddon said:

There is currently almost no revenue stream, unfortunately. Count the days folks. 

Don't disparage the game yet. There are thousands of us just waiting on standby for this game to be slightly different and then most of us will return and play. The combat is there. It's the spine of a promising game.

But they do need time to do something big like (i.e. make shadows into a fun romp gearless pvp connected territory conquest or something different than the campaigns they've tried so far.)

And its tough to work on a big change when they have mounds of minor issues like this flight stuff to code.

The devs are doing well but I still hope they focus on a real game saving change to the core gameplay loop design before they run out of time. I feel like a broken record. 👢🤺

18 minutes ago, Jubileet said:

Don't disparage the game yet. There are thousands of us just waiting on standby for this game to be slightly different and then most of us will return and play. The combat is there. It's the spine of a promising game.

But they do need time to do something big like (i.e. make shadows into a fun romp gearless pvp connected territory conquest or something different than the campaigns they've tried so far.)

And its tough to work on a big change when they have mounds of minor issues like this flight stuff to code.

The devs are doing well but I still hope they focus on a real game saving change to the core gameplay loop design before they run out of time. I feel like a broken record. 👢🤺

Dear sir.. I have followed this game since it was a countdown timer with nothing more than "Play to Crush" on the screen. I played Shadowbane, then went to Mortal Online (i didn't appreciate Darkfall as most hard corps did).
That being said, i have 7 accounts and around 1800 invested. I "was" a believer". It's become patently obvious that they have abandoned this project. I'm sure at some level there is a "for sale" sign on it. Let's hope the right company comes in to save it, because right now brother it's DoA. 
I honestly believe they pushed it to market too soon because they needed to get a jump on NW and they couldn't wait (due to capital constraints) to let the market cool until February or March. Just my speculation of course.
At this point in population, without subscriptions (I pay for one VIP out of 7 accounts), i am not convinced that there is enough new people purchasing this game or paying for VIP to make this project viable, even to to support a skeleton crew.

I wish i was wrong, but the only path I see forward is for them to find a Studio willing to flip it.

EDIT: I pay for no VIP, I mis spoke. I got 6 years worth with my kickstarter amber...see where this is going.

Edited by Armegeddon

2 minutes ago, Armegeddon said:

Dear sir.. I have followed this game since it was a countdown timer with nothing more than "Play to Crush" on the screen. I played Shadowbane, then went to Mortal Online (i didn't appreciate Darkfall as most hard corps did).
That being said, i have 7 accounts and around 1800 invested. I "was" a believer". It's become patently obvious that they have abandoned this project. I'm sure at some level there is a "for sale" sign on it. Let's hope the right company comes in to save it, because right now brother it's DoA. 
I honestly believe they pushed it to market too soon because they needed to get a jump on NW and they couldn't wait (due to capital constraints) to let the market cool until February or March. Just my speculation of course.
At this point in population, without subscriptions (I pay for one VIP out of 7 accounts), i am not convinced that there is enough new people purchasing this game or paying for VIP to make this project viable, even to to support a skeleton crew.

I wish i was wrong, but the only path I see forward is for them to find a Studio willing to flip it.

Everyone hopes someone else will buy a project… Rarely does it happen, and even when it does…. It rarely survives much longer

3 minutes ago, Girgi said:

Everyone hopes someone else will buy a project… Rarely does it happen, and even when it does…. It rarely survives much longer

Not in it's current form.. no. Could it become a monetized success.. yes. I was going to mention "grind fest" but they saddled us with that already.. I'll be pushing into Mortal II come mid January anyway. 

Edited by Armegeddon

5 hours ago, ACE-Tiggs said:

There is a bug where Fae's can stay airborne longer than we'd like that we plan to fix soon.  

Is intentionally using known bugs and creative use of game mechanics officially allowed?  We deserve an official response.  Do we spam report, or do we balance the playing field ourselves by utilizing the same methods?

I am not judging or condemning anyone here.  I have played games where the motto was "Exploit early, and often" and it was a tactical thing to know when to use them.  Once used, the enemy becomes aware they exist and will figure out how to use them as well.  I have played games where Devs have been nebulous, then when players started using the same methods to have the same advantages, suddenly there was a ban wave and once silent devs posting that exploits are bad.

We all know that some known bugs are being openly used for advantage.  Should we do this too? or should we report these uses knowing action will be taken?

1 hour ago, Jubileet said:

The devs are doing well but I still hope they focus on a real game 

I had to clip this to remind you that Jtodd is focusing on another project as he said on 'launch' devstream. Don't lose hope my brother, your dreams will be realized next year.

2 hours ago, Jubileet said:

The devs are doing well but I still hope they focus on a real game saving change to the core gameplay loop design

10 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

I had to clip this to remind you that Jtodd is focusing on another project as he said on 'launch' devstream. Don't lose hope my brother, your dreams will be realized next year.

You took what I said out of context. I didnt say that at all

So ACE, what ist it now? Is it ok to abuse these exploits without end or will you ban everyone else, but not your early supporters but every normal customer cause you dont know them? In your Rules of Conduct you condone such behaviour and i know of people you banned for "speed hacking", who where just using normal game mechanics, but you ignore blaring breaking the rules of known bigger names, is that your intention?

EDIT:

• Exploit, distribute or publicly inform other members of any game error, miscue, or bug which gives an unintended advantage. Such information should be immediately reported by email directly to support@crowfall.com.
  • All other prohibited behaviors, such as using exploits or making real-world threats (as noted in the General Rules of Conduct) are still considered actionable offenses and may result in disciplinary action against your game account.

There i quoted the passage from your Rules of Conduct. It is clearly stated, that you dont wish such behaviour, but you take no action against certain players, but ban others without offence.

Edited by KyriaThor

I think the idea of players sneaking into keeps is way cooler in theory than in practice. As a crafter, I don't like any of the gameplay this opens up. Most crafters are not specced for combat. The game actively discourages using a single vessel for both by favoring different stat allotments, vessel additives, and gear for crafting/combat. In theory, this bifurcation exists for harvesting/combat too, but it's mitigated there because:
1. Harvesting is much more of a group activity, you can have multiple people hitting motherloads and other ground members killing nearby monsters. Inviting a group to protect you while crafting would result in them all sitting around doing nothing for 10 minutes.
2. The risk reward for harvesting is far better balanced. You're probably at most losing ~30 minutes of work, and death protection will cut that in half. For getting jumped in keeps, the chances are much smaller, but you could potentially lose much much more.

So my options are:
1. Do a lot of work to be paranoid as a crafter. Adjust my spec to be able to survive/get away when jumped, ask guild members to watch my back while I craft, carry only the materials I need when crafting in a keep. Probably 95+% of the time, all this work will be wasted because there's no threat; that's not fun. A small percentage of the time there might be a ganker that I'll survive by virtue of my preparations, and while that will be somewhat exciting, I still don't think it'll feel that much better than winning a regular PvP encounter.

2. Ignore the fact I'm unsafe in a keep and be somewhat haphazard about my safety as I get all the ingredients and food items ready for crafting. 95%+ of the time, this is a much less cumbersome experience than option 1, but on the low chance I get ganked and looted, it's table-flipping bad, because my inventory will be full of rare regents.

And while I don't usually play stealth/gankers, it doesn't seem like a great option for them either, since the opportunity for payoff is so low. It's like you've constructed a slot machine that pays out only once every 6-20 hours. Even if the payout is really good, most people won't want to play that.

So to conclude, I think the risk/reward associated with PVP is one of the great parts of Crowfall, and I appreciate trying to extend it to keeps. But this implementation creates a lot of unappealing scenarios and should be removed.

4 minutes ago, Abaco said:

So my options are:
1. Do a lot of work to be paranoid as a crafter. Adjust my spec to be able to survive/get away when jumped, ask guild members to watch my back while I craft, carry only the materials I need when crafting in a keep. Probably 95+% of the time, all this work will be wasted because there's no threat; that's not fun. A small percentage of the time there might be a ganker that I'll survive by virtue of my preparations, and while that will be somewhat exciting, I still don't think it'll feel that much better than winning a regular PvP encounter.

2. Ignore the fact I'm unsafe in a keep and be somewhat haphazard about my safety as I get all the ingredients and food items ready for crafting. 95%+ of the time, this is a much less cumbersome experience than option 1, but on the low chance I get ganked and looted, it's table-flipping bad, because my inventory will be full of rare regents.

You have the Option Nr 3:

Lose out on potential Keep buffs and just craft in the temple, where you are safe, That seems to be their goal.

Lose all of your good stuff if you are unlucky or make worse equip, so you perform worse in combat or just buy a trillion of alt accounts to import stuff from your ek, where you have high thrall boni without danger of losing stuff.....

15 hours ago, Soulreaver said:

It's not that the keep should be safe, keep it interesting.

It's the "manner" by which the keep is entered that is the issue.  When players can enter on Nethari and use the Fae "flying" to reach areas on the building that aren't otherwise accessiable then the issue arise.

If a Nethari is inside a keep etc, that player has evolved in to Ironman 🤣

no one craft's inside of keeps anyways, so i don't see how anyone should be getting ganked crafting inside of one. Unless you haven't figured this out yet. This held true for the 2months i played the game before peacing out ,unless something has changed to make it viable outside of cards? Keep's definitely should not be a perfectly safe zone.