Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
benwp

You Heard the Man

No_Asshats_by_Maeris.png

It's a funny picture, but Todd brought up a good point.  A significant portion of this new community is used to a different way of thinking in game.  Actually, we lost many of the people who spent time developing guilds and cities in SB because they were labeled "carebears" and had all their stuff torn down.  And SB needed those people just as much as it needed the rabid PVPers.  Give Crowfall--the game, the community, and the "carebears"--a chance to find it's way.  And then kill them.  

But seriously, like he said: don't be an asshat.

Ben

xZ2ResZ.png?1

No_Asshats_by_Maeris.png

It's a funny picture, but Todd brought up a good point.  A significant portion of this new community is used to a different way of thinking in game.  Actually, we lost many of the people who spent time developing guilds and cities in SB because they were labeled "carebears" and had all their stuff torn down.  And SB needed those people just as much as it needed the rabid PVPers.  Give Crowfall--the game, the community, and the "carebears"--a chance to find it's way.  And then kill them.  

Ben

If we gave you a chance, we can give anyone a chance.

protosig_zps963957f1.png

RIP Hili

No_Asshats_by_Maeris.png

It's a funny picture, but Todd brought up a good point.  A significant portion of this new community is used to a different way of thinking in game.  Actually, we lost many of the people who spent time developing guilds and cities in SB because they were labeled "carebears" and had all their stuff torn down.  And SB needed those people just as much as it needed the rabid PVPers.  Give Crowfall--the game, the community, and the "carebears"--a chance to find it's way.  And then kill them.  

Ben

Yes that! Very much so that. *insert doge meme*

lopuda47ee7.jpg

Although I'm not from SB, I agree with this. Stop putting labels in things. "You're not hardcore" or "You're a carebear" Give a chance for people to find their place and desired playstyle without labeling them before we even know anything about the game.

I would say that the chest thumping from the SB side is pretty mild. When it comes to gameplay, sure, don't destroy your own pop. I think that's a hard lesson to learn.

I would think human centipede with hats would be a way cooler gif.

Hail BenWP!

All will be worked out, most Shadowbane players are nice dudes that enjoy a little forumbaning but are otherwise fun to play with. Culture clash was inevitable, there has never been another game like Shadowbane where words typed on a political forum had real in-game consequences. 

D8IHwn2.png

I always found the distinction curious. I am what many people would consider a carebear. I'm not all about combat. I'm not a player killer (though I'll defend myself) and I prefer crafting/exploration in general. But I love the risk that full or partial loot brings, I love the thrill and excitement that can only come from players being able to attack me anywhere I go. It makes every step, every venture into an epic adventure you can't find anywhere else. 

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.

- Nietzsche

What I don't get is how so many people from both sides only want a remake of what they are used to. I hope its something completely different. My suggestions on another thread would have most people whining if the game were that.

Let this be the game that shatters what people have come to expect

Ben - I made a similar post in the stickied thread about Wizards vs SBers...

... and was promptly made fun of by Wizards :(

What I don't get is how so many people from both sides only want a remake of what they are used to. I hope its something completely different. My suggestions on another thread would have most people whining if the game were that.

Let this be the game that shatters what people have come to expect

yes, this.  

It's natural at this stage that people coming from other games expect more of what they are used to, but I hope by the time it's done CF will be something unique and the player base much wider.   We don't need a new SB, WoW, GW, or W101, and we don't need to replicate those communities.  Assimilate, evolve...

I'm glad we've restarted this thread. Let's get back to it.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Hail BenWP!

All will be worked out, most Shadowbane players are nice dudes that enjoy a little forumbaning but are otherwise fun to play with. Culture clash was inevitable, there has never been another game like Shadowbane where words typed on a political forum had real in-game consequences. 

Pherlo?  Hide your daughters!

xZ2ResZ.png?1

I'm glad we've restarted this thread. Let's get back to it.

That wasn't my intent, but post as you feel most appropriate.   

xZ2ResZ.png?1