Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I don't understand the game.

TasosEG

Hello.

I've played the game in Beta and came back for the 10 days trial.
I've got to LvL 30 and now I joined the FvF server. What do I do now? I joined guilds so far but no player is active and also, even if they are, they are just as clueless as I am.
Not to mention, why are the maps so large and so boring? Everything interesting like Forts take hours to activate and everything else that can be done solo is unrewarding and boring. 
Assuming some people play this game a lot, what do you suggest that I do? I like the combat and the class system but everything else seems really weird and/or boring.
Maybe the game is not for me, but I'm sure I missed out a lot of things that I've yet to experience.

On another note, I've seen that Crowfall added small-scale PvP, and that's why I decided to try the game again. Nowhere have I seen a smaller PvP map or any mention to this change.
Anyone kind enough to guide me?

When there are not many active players in your guild, i would suggest you look either in the forum or the discord (offical discord: https://discord.gg/rSYkHTb9)for a guild which is better suited for you. Most active guilds are apply only because of anti spy protection for dregs, but you can find several active guilds, who are open to recruiting. Some casual, some ecommerce, some hardcore and even mercs (NA and EU).

Yeah i agree that the maps are too big for the current population, but there are several things you can do. Be it solo or in a small group. Hotzones normally are a hotpot of action or harvesting locations, forts when they are active. Collecting Materials or gold is never bad, because you'll need quite a lot of it.

The "game" is increasing your power through PVE: harvesting, crafting, hunting mobs. Hunt Thralls at night to acquire the Knowledges they drop. You use Runecrafting to craft Major Disciplines from Knowledges.

Harvesting might seem boring at first because you're probably only equipped with common exploration disciplines. You upgrade your harvesting disciplines by harvesting. There is a random chance of getting a green harvesting discipline every time you harvest resources. As you upgrade your exploration disciplines, the quantity and quality of resources will improve and you'll also have chances to obtain additional rarer things like minerals and gems from resources as you progress.

If you're just looking for PVP, FvF might not be the best place to go right now. Most of the player population plays in GvG.

If you're looking to join an active guild, FIENDS are accepting membership applications for a limited time. Members don't pay taxes and everyone gets a Personal Chest for storage in the guild Eternal Kingdom. I am the guild leader and will never make you do anything you don't want to do. If you want to just PVP, we can help facilitate that. If you're at all interested, you can find us at https://crowfallfiends.com

Edited by Retchet

1 hour ago, Solstar said:

Did you happen to use the in-game guild search when you joined a guild? 

That's the way I got in some Guilds. You won't find a decent guild that way but hindsight is 20/20.

11 minutes ago, Retchet said:

The "game" is increasing your power through PVE: harvesting, crafting, hunting mobs. Hunt Thralls at night to acquire the Knowledges they drop. You use Runecrafting to craft Major Disciplines from Knowledges.

Harvesting might seem boring at first because you're probably only equipped with common exploration disciplines. You upgrade your harvesting disciplines by harvesting. There is a random chance of getting a green harvesting discipline every time you harvest resources. As you upgrade your exploration disciplines, the quantity and quality of resources will improve and you'll also have chances to obtain additional rarer things like minerals and gems from resources as you progress.

If you're just looking for PVP, FvF might not be the best place to go right now. Most of the player population plays in GvG.

If you're looking to join an active guild, FIENDS are accepting membership applications for a limited time. Members don't pay taxes and everyone gets a Personal Chest for storage in the guild Eternal Kingdom. I am the guild leader and will never make you do anything you don't want to do. If you want to just PVP, we can help facilitate that. If you're at all interested, you can find us at https://crowdfallfiends.com

Thanks you for the info. I'll gladly join and contribute as much as I can. 
The link you provided doesn't work so is there any other way to get myself invited into your Guild?

Thanks once again.

2 hours ago, TasosEG said:

That's the way I got in some Guilds. You won't find a decent guild that way but hindsight is 20/20.

Yeah.  that's what I was going to say, but I didn't want to assume. 

3 hours ago, TasosEG said:

Thanks you for the info. I'll gladly join and contribute as much as I can. 
The link you provided doesn't work so is there any other way to get myself invited into your Guild?

Thanks once again.

He had a typo in his link, it is https://crowfallfiends.com/

Edited by LashLash