Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tornado

Lefze

I don't even have a confessor, but the tornado cast is quite telegraphed, the tornadoes are slow, the confessor needs to be right in your face to hit you with it, or you're not paying attention. I've died a couple times to tornadoes when it felt like I was out of the way but it was probably ping issues.

Here are some counterplay suggestions :

• Just step out of the way when you see the combo animation starting. Maintain a healthy distance so you have time to react.
  • Use an elemental/fire shield.
  • Stun them when the combo animation starts.
  • Don't get hit by the tornadoes...
  • Just kill them

Shotgun tornadoes are pretty rough, but apart from that they're very easy to avoid. The problem is when youre playing a class that needs to get close, a wall of fire tornados can make it difficult or timely, and when youre playing against a class that can kill people in a matter of seconds at 45m range with redeemer, having to avoid tornadoes can be all the fessor needs to kill you. A good fessor uses dispel so shields are nearly useless, and if you maintain distance a fessor will outdamage most enemies pretty easily. 

MaNtAiN a HeAlThY DiStAnCe

How about yall think before talking. How about yall stop making excuses for a clearly broken class and we have ACE get off their asses and do a balance pass?

3 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

MaNtAiN a HeAlThY DiStAnCe

How about yall think before talking. How about yall stop making excuses for a clearly broken class and we have ACE get off their asses and do a balance pass?

On 11/23/2021 at 3:17 PM, Lefze said:

literally no counterplay

"Literally" was abusively being used, so I offered counterplay options.
The topic is about tornadoes, I don't think there is anything wrong with tornadoes, it's part of a combo, it's slow, it spreads out with distance, it actually takes risk for the confessor to cast it in optimal range. The issue is not the tornado itself, but the rest of the confessor's kit.

Again, I don't play confessor, but from my perspective they don't need that much change to be put back in line, they do need a balance pass, but so do other classes, and I'd be more in favor of putting other dps classes to the confessor's level instead of just nerfing them down, it looks like a fun class to play.

Redeemer is just mandatory, it's too good, but at the same time they lack good alternative options. Their ultimate comes back way too fast, and the whole concept of being able to stealth mid-fight on a high damage ranged magicka class seems weird to me.

For a while, warden was the OP class, they really didn't change much about it, and now it's much rarer to encounter one. Balancing is a delicate process, the class does need a change, but no need to go overboard and touch every skill. I just don't think tornadoes are that much of an issue by themselves, because they have a lot of counterplay, taken individually.

Edited by Elwendryll

Yeah tornadoes are definitely not the problem with fessor, as it's a very niche ability and doesn't scale anywhere near as well as a range of other classes in large scale. To me it's largely the ridiculous burst damage combined with high mobility and amazing escapes. Redeemer hitting for 5k+ (i.e. 5k without crits) on squishies in 3 seconds is crazy (yes, I have a fanatic that I made to test, and yes it's really easy).

However, I don't think we need to decrease the time to kill any more, as burst damage is already out of hand for some classes, enabling them to kill people quite often without much chance for counterplay. We've all seen video's of fessors nuking someone from 100-0 in the space of 2-3 seconds, and it's not like it's a difficult or high skilled thing to do, it's legit just hold down a button and aim in the general vicinity of the enemy. I would much prefer longer, drawn out fights with more chance for counter-play and maneuvering as opposed to just going to a burst damage mentality. PvP at launch in wartribe gear was a far better meta imo than the full crafted gear, simply because damage has far outscaled mitigation, leading to insane burst combos. A lot of streamers or 'elite' players (i.e. ones being fed by top tier guilds) used crafted gear to just dominate people in wartribe.

I've been hit with invisible 'nados on top of a pillar, but that's more likely the terrain bugging out the visuals. Still, pretty stupid.

On 11/27/2021 at 11:05 AM, Elwendryll said:

For a while, warden was the OP class, they really didn't change much about it, and now it's much rarer to encounter one.

They nerfed rangers across the board by stripping them of one alt, all because wardens were considered "OP". But damage-wise, they were always going to fall off, due to the currant meta being all about burst damage, and wardens are all about the dots, which doesn't even scale with their AP (except for bleed).

Not everything is a 1v1. Multiple confessors in a zerg fight and all it takes is for a couple of them to get through the combo to potentially timestamp people that aren't on PDM. A lot of these fights also doesn't require them to be at max range at all, since AoE cap provides a measure of safety.