Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snowmizer

Female Centaurs Is Stretch Goal #1

I think the bigger picture is that stretch #1 is hiring a new member to join their team that frees up others to do other things. They used the female centaur as an example of one of the things the new addition will accomplish.

The Female Centaur is really just the cherry on top of the real stretchgoal. The FX artist and hopefully a license to FX library/engine like PopCornFX.

And that will ultimately help the game a lot. Having a person, who is working on something completely different, take over such a huge task must not only be daunting, but it takes time away from creating more characters for us.

Eric is a great character artist, and that is really what he should be doing.

So the stretchgoal is really to help the game and him. And as a sidebonus we get a Female Centaur. 

143R3yh.gif

The Female Centaur is really just the cherry on top of the real stretchgoal. The FX artist and hopefully a license to FX library/engine like PopCornFX.

And that will ultimately help the game a lot. Having a person, who is working on something completely different, take over such a huge task must not only be daunting, but it takes time away from creating more characters for us.

Eric is a great character artist, and that is really what he should be doing.

So the stretchgoal is really to help the game and him. And as a sidebonus we get a Female Centaur. 

Exactly!

I really hope we get to the first stretch goal soon so we can start working on the next goal. Hope they announce some other cool stretch goals soon too. Yay for Fx and female horses!

Gives me ze Linux client

I get that it's not only a female centaur but by putting it first it makes it seem like #1 priority, which is strange for a trivial thing. Maybe it should be reworded or something, although I personally don't even think that FX are terribly important either, so I am not sure I am completely behind the goal at all. I like the caravans, but even that could probably wait. I would really like a list of the potential stretch goals to see which ones haven't been chosen yet, and why.

I get that it's not only a female centaur but by putting it first it makes it seem like #1 priority, which is strange for a trivial thing. Maybe it should be reworded or something, although I personally don't even think that FX are terribly important either, so I am not sure I am completely behind the goal at all. I like the caravans, but even that could probably wait. I would really like a list of the potential stretch goals to see which ones haven't been chosen yet, and why.

Again people fail to see the big picture. Its not only about the FX nor the centaur. Its about manpower. Which the game needs.

143R3yh.gif

Well wouldn't have been my personal choice, but I suppose he is trying to appease the freakin outcriers who where so vocal when they released the horse was male only.

I imgaine there main focus is the FX and hiring an additional artist, and put a cherry on top with the female horse ( incoming whorse names for release just  a heads up )

I'm fine with gender/race locked archetypes, I dealt with it in WHO and it was fine. I feel like if they're concerned about FX, they should make that the highlight. More visual+core game features that can expand on later, with the fluff on the backburner.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Again people fail to see the big picture. Its not only about the FX nor the centaur. Its about manpower. Which the game needs.

Stretch goals are marketing. You can say someone is failing to see the big picture, but that is ultimately the fault of the marketer, not the person failing to see it.

Is it just me, or did they change the art of Stretch goal banner?

Yes, they did.  This is most likely an effort to better communicate what the stretch goals mean.  For example, the previous illustration hinted at mounted combat with an armored horse paired alongside a non armored horse (Armored meant combat), now they have replaced it with a Knight (I think) riding a horse with a sword drawn.

Looks like mounted combat is a feature Artcraft is aiming for, now I won't discuss or argue specifics, but mounted combat sounds like a feature that will make Crowfall more fun.

Regarding the stretch goals not being attractive enough.  I personally think the stretch goals are both reasonable and exciting, but not everybody feels the same way.

What am I excited for about the 1 million milestone?  The bloody attractive FX technology they showed us.

Edited by sneaky_squirrel

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

Yes, and consider WHO they are targeting with this marketing.

Hint: It starts with Social, and ends with Warriors.

Yeah they are targeting the Social Gamers Warriors.

Most Gamers will judge a product on what they first see.

FX counts for a lot in this.

We can see it over at Pantheon after they "upgraded" their looks.

Suddenly they got a whole lot more interesting.

Hundred of people hanging out on messageboards and forums going "Yeah CF seem ok, but man it is SO ugly. Not sure I could play that" have an effect on how well the game will do.

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015