Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Suggestions from a new player

coffeesmuggler

Hey,

i play for about a week now.

So far i really enjoy the game and i feel you are doing lots of things great already.

Here are a few suggestions/wishes that come from my new player point of view:

• Abilities/passives/tooltips
    The Tooltips dont really explain some abilities well. Like for example "blur" "increases your personal damage modifier by X percent". For someone that has no clue this reads like it increases my damage. But it increases my damage mitigation. This would be fine if there was an ingame explanation what "personal damage modifier" means. But there is not. So if you dont pay attention/dont ask other players about it, you get the wrong idea.
    This is similar for other abilities/buffs/passives too. Some of the buffs you can get are not even shown when you press "k", so you can not find out what they are doing via the UI.
    Please improve the UI/tooltips so that its easier to understand what each skill/buff/passive does.

• The bank in dregs. Has no search function. The bank in gods reach has. Why is that? Can you give the bank in dregs a search too?

• Walking. If you enable walking your char is jogging, because of the trailmaster/trailseeker buffs. Please disable them when walking is turned on (you already disable them when mounted, so i think that could be easily implemented). From my experience the only people that will actually turn on walking are roleplayers. Roleplayers dont want their char to jog weirdly they want to just have a walk sometimes.

• Hide helmet. Some of the chars have really cute faces that are hidden by the helmets. I would love an option to hide the helmet of my char.

• Druid tutorial. The druid in the tutorial is getting staves as reward starting from about level 4. But a base druid can not equip staves and if the stormcaller is selected wont be able to either. Only the other two subclasses can. So the staff quest rewards are quite useless for the druids doing the tutorial. Maybe exchange it to sickles?

Thank you! Please continue your great work! :3

Edited by coffeesmuggler

10 minutes ago, coffeesmuggler said:

Abilities/passives/tooltips

• The Tooltips dont really explain some abilities well. Like for example "blur" "increases your personal damage modifier by X percent". For someone that has no clue this reads like it increases my damage. But it increases my damage mitigation. This would be fine if there was an ingame explanation what "personal damage modifier" means. But there is not.

There is a tooltip explaination for personal damage modifier, but you need to look inside the details in your Inventory. You can find it in the details under Combat > Defence > Personal Damage Modifier. (But yeah it is not easy to find, when you confuse it with offensive stats).

But yes, in general the tooltips could need some more love to make them less confusing at times.

12 minutes ago, coffeesmuggler said:

• The bank in dregs. Has no search function. The bank in gods reach has. Why is that? Can you give the bank in dregs a search too?

Yes, we really wish/need that. But here is a general tip: in the lobby, when you open the account vault and campaign vault together you can search in your campaign vault, e.g. for exporting and such.