Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TullyAckland

Ask The Team (Personal Questions) V2!

The last thread got fairly long, starting up a V2. 

Feel free to ask the team personal questions, we've a lot of experience with making games and this is your chance to get to know us and our past! If your question relates to a specific individual please be sure to call them out by name  :)

Note: For obvious reasons, we might not be able to answer all of them. And will not be answering Crowfall Specific questions here (That's what the rest of the forum is for!) 

Also note that we'll be keeping this thread on-topic. All off-topic remarks will be deleted! Sorry, we love YouTube links as much as the next person but lets keep the discussion focused! 

Tully Ackland

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc. 

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

What was the most dissapointing moment in your game development career?

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Question to the ART team, Eric etc,

After watching the stream last week on the Duelist modeling I realize how tedious that whole process is. 

My question is, generally how long does it take to go from the concept to complete in game? I am thinking this process is way longer than what I used to think, I used to think it would maybe take a week to create a new character in game like this haha. I have no game building experience so excuse me for that :)

I found that stream very interesting to watch for me personally and if I wasn't as old as I am now and could change my career, that would be something I could of seen myself doing.

I very much admire the transparency of the Art/Craft team.

I feel that the teams honesty over the Kickstarter initially set people running like chicken little, evidenced in our current CF boards by many new posters.

Will the Art/Craft team still honour us with honesty after the Kickstarter?

Also, I'd like to know if we will still be updated weekly with game updates after the Kickstarter?

288mqgz.png

What was your favorite GAME of all time, and why?

Will Kickstarter pledges be given any extra items (mentioning Shroud of the Avatar) compared to future pledges?

What got you into Game Development/Production?

Thanks!

Edited by vinn101

iWQCpyx.gif

would you consider getting a studio cat mascot¿?

...and if you did would you be willing to spend a few grand so it could roam your offices clad in hand made cat armour?

p.s. can i name it minion?

ezgzn8.jpg

Are there any martial artist or weapon reenactors on the Crowfall team? Whose the most buff?

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

What was the biggest '... Woah....' experience you can remember, either playing or developing video games, and has it had an impact on how you play/enjoy/create games today?