Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TullyAckland

Ask The Team (Personal Questions) V2!

Ha! I'd love to hear a big drum roll, followed by the announcement, "Lock up the women and children, the Tyrant has arrived".

I always play as a regular player incognito, never as a dev.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

If I ever see anyone on global chat talking about how making Guinecean body armor is like making a sausage, I'll know it's you.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

The system is really, really deep -- and the foundation has to work for both Campaigns and for Kingdoms, which are similar in concept but completely different in terms of practical design goals.  We don't want to build two (and subsequently support) two different systems.  This meeting covered everything from "how do we present this to the world own/ province holder / building owner / tenant" to "how does this interface at the web level" to "what happens when two authorized players are trying to edit the same area, at once?"

- jtoddcoleman

How do you guys unwind your brains after trying to hold broad, interconnected systems ideas together in your head for hours/days?

I mean other than beer of course...

The Shipwrecked Pirates

yarrr....

A question for Gordon Walton. You have been in the computer entertainment industry from the very beginning and saw it develop till the state it is currently in, so you probably feel the trends and the general direction of where it is heading now. Besides that the Japanese girls said you are actually a prophet.

So the question is, what do you think gaming will be like in the next 10-20-30 years? Virtual reality? Neural interfaces? Both? or mobile games will take over? Or there will be a Next level of.implementation of augmented reality? Or it will stay the same as it is now but with more computing power available.

A question for Gordon Walton. You have been in the computer entertainment industry from the very beginning and saw it develop till the state it is currently in, so you probably feel the trends and the general direction of where it is heading now. Besides that the Japanese girls said you are actually a prophet.

So the question is, what do you think gaming will be like in the next 10-20-30 years? Virtual reality? Neural interfaces? Both? or mobile games will take over? Or there will be a Next level of.implementation of augmented reality? Or it will stay the same as it is now but with more computing power available.

I actually like this question a lot. Good one! 

I always wondered if Devs played normal characters or not. Interesting.  :ph34r:

Reminds me of the stories about Zeus visiting the world incognito!

Question for you Gordon. What was your favorite game project to work on, and why?

Question for JTC...

You mentioned MUDs being a gaming past time of yours.  Are there any specific features from MUDs that you'd love to see incorporated, or were inspired, from MUDs into Crowfall?

I've a vague recollection of you mentioning beheading people and leaving it on spikes for those to see.  I too recall a similar feature of being able to skin your fallen enemies, and then being able to wear that skin in an equipment slot.

[@--(o.O)@]

Looks like its time to delete this account if its B2P ......

Some people today expect a game to be a AAA title but for free.

Something went wrong...

Edited by Dwayna

GWH5xXf.jpg?1

,,...You get killed over and over again, that doesn't mean the game is unbalanced - it means that You are a bad player" -JTC

I don't know a lot of things, but I do know this: predicting the future of gaming beyond a couple of years out is a fools errand.  Particularly when you are building mass market products.  In the game business we sit at the intersection of consumer technology and evolving consumer tastes.  You can almost figure out what will happen with the tech for 3-4 years, but the consumer trends and tastes are much more difficult.

What we at ArtCraft are focusing on is particular audience (and the people here are the earliest adopters within that audience).  We hope we'll get a lot more of the people like you between now and launch and thereafter.  And if we are very, very lucky, we'll convert folks who aren't already looking for something like Crowfall and expand the potential audience for this new kind of MMO experience.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

I don't know a lot of things, but I do know this: predicting the future of gaming beyond a couple of years out is a fools errand.  Particularly when you are building mass market products.  In the game business we sit at the intersection of consumer technology and evolving consumer tastes.  You can almost figure out what will happen with the tech for 3-4 years, but the consumer trends and tastes are much more difficult.

What we at ArtCraft are focusing on is particular audience (and the people here are the earliest adopters within that audience).  We hope we'll get a lot more of the people like you between now and launch and thereafter.  And if we are very, very lucky, we'll convert folks who aren't already looking for something like Crowfall and expand the potential audience for this new kind of MMO experience.

Thank you for the explanation, I really do have a gut feeling that CF has chances of eventually attracting massive audience and becoming huge and I only had this kind of feeling about very few games that actually became huge. Its like you look at something and know that it's awesome although it does not really exist yet.