Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TullyAckland

Ask The Team (Personal Questions) V2!

Has Larissa Angus ever been to the Alamo Drafthouse? If not, would she like to go next Friday night? I'll get tickets to the new Divergent movie. 7:45pm?

http://i.imgur.com/W0QgS4N.png

Not appropriate to proposition the employees folks (any of them). Please desist.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

What brought the team together to make what it is now? What was the original starting point for Crowfall?

Todd and I had one of our periodic lunches scheduled, and this particular one was at a Korean restaurant near the Alamo Drafthouse on Anderson Lane.  I was excited because I was going to tell him I was leaving Disney and going to start a new game company.  What I didn't know was that Todd was going to tell me that he was leaving Kingsisle in order to start a new game company.  After that mutual surprise we spent the next week or so meeting daily, talking about the MMO marketplace and what kind of companies we wanted to create.  It was apparent rapidly that we had very similar visions for how to run a game company, and that we should work together.  That was the start of ArtCraft Entertainment.  Crowfall was the first MMO vision we discussed in detail.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Todd and I had one of our periodic lunches scheduled, and this particular one was at a Korean restaurant near the Alamo Drafthouse on Anderson Lane.  I was excited because I was going to tell him I was leaving Disney and going to start a new game company.  What I didn't know was that Todd was going to tell me that he was leaving Kingsisle in order to start a new game company.  After that mutual surprise we spent the next week or so meeting daily, talking about the MMO marketplace and what kind of companies we wanted to create.  It was apparent rapidly that we had very similar visions for how to run a game company, and that we should work together.  That was the start of ArtCraft Entertainment.  Crowfall was the first MMO vision we discussed in detail.

That's fascinating. It's amazing how we can pride ourselves on our ability to plan and prepare and then life just drops opportunities right into our lap. 

Of course, having an opportunity isn't the same as seizing one. There's a great quote out there (can't remember who said it) "When opportunity knocks, most people are in the back yard looking for four leaf clovers." 

I'm very glad both of you were there to open the door!

Sorry, I didn't link the forum code for the picture I included. The imgur link is a Kappa. It wasn't intended to be a serious request. I'll edit my previous post.

Don't worry, Mr. Walton is just jealous because you didn't ask him to go to that theater. 

Personal question now to the founder in question : do you want to go watch a movie with me?  :)

Edited by courant101

Amber backer here, very excited for the release and one who has been evangelising the kickstarter to friends and colleagues here down under. I've posted in the other topics but I'd really love a response as to what if anything will be done for us down in Australia. We always seem to be the red headed step child when it comes to the MMO community and believe me we feel it with server lag / unresponsive dev's to our concerns.

I already let down my colleagues with Wildstar, we all bought it and quickly began to hate it due to the incredible lag which ruined the experience. I'm weary and somewhat jaded from previous MMO's but the game looks great and I believe it will be successful considering the developers / ideas. I'm really hoping we could get some confirmation that Developer's will not only assist in Europe but look into oceanic servers for those in Australia / NZ. Wildstar had many similar combat ideas all of which were near unplayable for us, even with using private vpn servers to Texas (the only place they had servers, which is incredibly silly) reduce hops we were still having issues like dodging, or having to be infront of players to backstab. 

Please do not take the wait and see approach route like the Wildstar Developers. They promised to look into Oceanic servers after the game was released depending on the numbers. While I will admit not sure how many Oceanic players purchased the game, I know continually we asked for Australian servers prior to and post launch within Twitch streams / forums / reddit etc , and we left in troves within the first month due to the lag.

I actually ate there last week for the first time.  Surprisingly good food for a little hole in the wall.

Dear Devs:

Wanted to take a moment to say, genuinely, "thank you" for this game.  I've been pretty intrigued by what you've shared with us, and as each new update appears, I get just a little more delighted.  After class tonight, I was screen sharing with one of my fellow classmates, and showed them this Crowfall site, as well as the Kickstarter site, to give them an idea of what it was about.  The more I shared, the more excited I got about this game.  I knew I wanted to play, but it didn't hit me until tonight just how much I want this game to succeed.  So glad you two had that lunch....

Alright, because this is "Ask A Question", and to stay on topic, I'll ask, do you know how to make the perfect scrambled egg?

I actually do have a serious question, but because you are working and concentrating on this game, I think it's too early to answer my serious question about possible games in the future...so let's stick with breakfast foods.

Well, the first thing I thought when I just saw the topic was to just thank you all for creating a fair, spiritual successor to Shadowbane, a game I got to love, but unfortunately found out late in his life. However, Cheyenne put that into words way better than I could, so I'll just say "same thing for me"  :)

Now, about that question (if it was asked already, I apologize): if you had to choose an archetype to play, which one would it be and why?

LW_sig_concept5.jpg

Through the Hunger and Darkness, might our Light shine through...

- (Future) Character name: Ydriel -

I have a very personal question for Dave Greco.

This is a make or break question for me, please take it seriously.

Which of these is a sword?

QZygnRk.jpg

Greatswords for Frostweavers 2015! For great justice! And swords.

P.S. I like swords.

@JToddColeman

I guess I have a very crucial question to ask.

I understand that the vision of this game is to break the limitation of PvP but what sort of community environment do you want to create b/w players. I want to understand your vision of a desirable gaming community that you want to achieve through Crowfall. It's important because this can determine what kind of game CF will turn into. It would be great if you can answer this.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

I have a very personal question for Dave Greco.

This is a make or break question for me, please take it seriously.

Which of these is a sword?

QZygnRk.jpg

Haha.. Clearly G is a sword. Fear the spork!