Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Commune with Nature, Earth Keeper tray swap.

Dakoth

Been in 2 prolonged fights now and its really obvious that the tray swap putts an enormous burden on the earth keeper as a healer. You don't just lose healing rain you lose the ability to place orbs which is where a lot of your healing comes from. The Commune with Nature cool down needs to be reduced 45s is way to long.

17 hours ago, Thon said:

I disagree, I found it a interesting limitation.

A limitation that keeps the earthkeeper from being played. They have the fewest heals because their healing relies on orbs, having a main healer that absolutely must stop healing when no other class has the same limitation creates a class that won’t be utilized because they are a liability to the second healer who will at times be dependent on them to stay alive.

On 12/7/2021 at 5:09 PM, Dakoth said:

A limitation that keeps the earthkeeper from being played. They have the fewest heals because their healing relies on orbs, having a main healer that absolutely must stop healing when no other class has the same limitation creates a class that won’t be utilized because they are a liability to the second healer who will at times be dependent on them to stay alive.

I strongly disagree with everything you're saying here. I don't play earthkeeper myself, but I've been playing with BlueReborn for about... 4 months now? Something like that. He mains an earthkeeper, and I consider him the best healer on this game, but that's obviously my personal view. If you have issues with your essence, you're doing something wrong. You can pick up your own big orbs to reduce essence, all external regeneration effects will reduce your essence, your ultimate will remove all your essence, and even if you overflow for a bit it's not dramatic, because you have a lot of self healing. Earthkeeper has the highest pure healing output (and it's not relying as much on orbs as you are suggesting, water spirit and the wisp are very strong), and is deceptively tanky, they can't block but their healing output makes up for it because they can keep themselves alive just by outhealing the incoming damage.

If you are in essence overflow, you can just heal through the DoT until you get an other proc of nature's grace or you can use your ultimate, you don't have to stop healing.

The essence mechanic comes with a learning curve, if you're struggling, consider getting some power efficiency, get a reduced weight enchant on your staff, etc...

Edited by Elwendryll

Wood-Elf Archdruid - Level 35
Playing since: 07/07/2021

• 3 months later...
On 12/8/2021 at 3:54 PM, Elwendryll said:

I strongly disagree with everything you're saying here. I don't play earthkeeper myself, but I've been playing with BlueReborn for about... 4 months now? Something like that. He mains an earthkeeper, and I consider him the best healer on this game, but that's obviously my personal view. If you have issues with your essence, you're doing something wrong. You can pick up your own big orbs to reduce essence, all external regeneration effects will reduce your essence, your ultimate will remove all your essence, and even if you overflow for a bit it's not dramatic, because you have a lot of self healing. Earthkeeper has the highest pure healing output (and it's not relying as much on orbs as you are suggesting, water spirit and the wisp are very strong), and is deceptively tanky, they can't block but their healing output makes up for it because they can keep themselves alive just by outhealing the incoming damage.

If you are in essence overflow, you can just heal through the DoT until you get an other proc of nature's grace or you can use your ultimate, you don't have to stop healing.

The essence mechanic comes with a learning curve, if you're struggling, consider getting some power efficiency, get a reduced weight enchant on your staff, etc...

Dakoth is correct here.  It is even worse for Arch Druid promotion. It is even worse because the hot-bar swap is interruptible.  Allowing you to get stuck while in essence burn.

Hot bar swapping is an interesting limitation of the class which increases complexity and cognitive load.   Adding an interruptible GCD just to swap bars without even using an ability is breaking for this class.

FYI, I also play with Blue.  We both have serious problem with the class.