Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Turning Crowfall into a real Throne War while fixing sieges

Prudenthyaena

Here is my suggestion for turning Dregs into a Throne War and fixing sieges.

• Put the four large keeps on a 4 day rotation, For example, days 1-4 for  EU, NA West, NA East, Aus. So days 1, 5, 9, 13, etc are EU main keep days.
  • Put the 12 small keeps on a 12 day rotation: EU1, NA West1, NA East1, Aus1, EU2, NA West2, etc. Thus, each of the EU keeps will come up when the main EU keep is up, and so on. Dregs would last either 36 days or 24 days.
  • Whenever any keep of an alliance comes up, all keeps of the alliance become vulnerable at the same time. If your alliance owns 5 keeps, all 5 will be up each time any one keep comes up.

The results of this system:

• It will be easiest for large alliances to own keeps in the same region. It will be very difficult to control multiple keeps in different regions since each out-of-region keep will add more siege days (the small keeps line up perfectly with their large keep so will not add extra siege days). The obvious counter is for large alliances to split up into smaller regional alliances with a plan to rejoin during the final days (i.e., the Throne War). However, Dregs lasts a long time and those allied alliances could shift over time, especially if one of the alliances feels as though they are doing all the work and getting no support. There are also serious issues with two different alliances working together during sieges -- friendly fire and miscommunications. So there is an anti-zerg element to splitting up even when the alliances work together.

• Alliances with more than one keep will always have to worry about multiple defenses, so they will have to make strategic decisions about where to defend instead of just always having the entirety of the zerg to defend.

• Because small keeps come up once every 12 days, small alliances or mercenary guilds have a chance to hold a single small keep, and they may end up as the kingmaker at the end of the campaign.

Honestly, I expect much sooner. It just sucks away money from their other project. Even dumping the price and offering a ten day trial did not save this game. Hell, even other companies dont want it 😂

1 hour ago, Blowfeld said:

Honestly, I expect much sooner. It just sucks away money from their other project. Even dumping the price and offering a ten day trial did not save this game. Hell, even other companies dont want it 😂

I'm curious about the bold portion. Anecdotally, I think you may be right, but I'm pretty sure you don't have anything more than personal observation to back that up. 

The investor docs only mentioned pre-November results. 

As for the actual post, I definitely agree that the rotating keep timers do a lot of harm.  Not only does it force burnout soooo much faster because EVERY DAY there is always something, but because it promotes making the largest Alliance possible. Not because you should, but because you can. The rotating timers make it possible for the game to be dictated by people with more time to play. 

Edited by Solstar

Just get rid of the siege schedule. Have a Bane item that can be crafted that will allow someone to declare a siege on a castle/keep/fort. It will add an event for the siege to the schedule. Make the Bane cost enough that makes them difficult to get so guilds don't just spam them. If you want to siege multiple keeps at once, use multiple banes.

No-show sieges are a terrible experience and as long as there is a siege schedule there will be no-show sieges.