Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

7.300.0 Live Feedback for 12.7.2021

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game on the most recent patch. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

The Big Hit high end TTK is being shaped in a large part by the over reliance on Kronos and Cybele  God buffs adding 10% Critical Damage bonus each.  A change to 5% each would help reduce big hits across the board for all classes.

Reposted here, because it seems to have been missed by ACE. 47 voted at the time of this cross post, with 85% concensus that we need a few days off between campaigns. Like 4 days please.  End on a Sunday, start a new one on Friday. 

It would be great if we could harvest body parts off of players to use in Necromancy. Instead of chopping off a head for the skull, give us the ability to chop off a limb and keep it for Necromancy. Go darker with this dark fantasy game you have. Or at least let us mount the skulls in our EK to display as trophies.

Please give guild leaders and officers the ability to make "guild quests" that will show up in the quests panel for guild members. There are so few guild management systems in the game, but so much potential to make a truly unique guild vs guild experience for players.

It would be great if I could make a quest such as "Turn in x/50 epic hides to <player>" or "Capture 20 outposts today"

You don't have to worry about rewards for completing them, I will do that. It would just be great if I could use your existing features in the game to form cohesive objectives for my guild members.

If the answer is to "Use Discord", then why not integrate Discord directly into your game?

I've posted feedback about siege timers and offered alternatives, but I'm not sure that those ideas are being considered.

Vulnerability to siege based on a schedule doesn't seem to make sense from a lore or gameplay perspective. The only sense it makes is if the intent is to FORCE people to PVP. The issue is that if you're forcing people to PVP but it's a time when people literally cannot participate.

I think Shadowbane had a great system with the Bane Trees being dropped and giving the defenders some time to prepare for a fight.

But that's been done already.

Instead, what if you gave Stonemasons and Necromancers something to do in campaigns aside from helping earn Divine Favor? Use the crafting systems to enable players to create the Bane Seed. Once planted, you could have players participate speed up the growth of the tree, thereby expediting the time until a siege can begin by "spilling blood" on the Bane Seed through ritual sacrifice or something.

Perhaps by defiling the outposts of the target guilds patron deity, they could incur penalties to their defenses.

I don't even have a very good imagination. These aren't "my ideas" ... I look at your game and I see the potential for things that are basically already in place.

The tagline of this game is "PVP your way every day" but you only allow sieges on keeps every 3 days or something. Let us siege a keep every day and weaken it before the bane trees are spawned. Right now your game is "You PVP when we say you do"

Moon (maybe others) could use a vendor near Deadman's Mire Godsreach to sell mob loot. The nearest one is on the opposite side of the safe zone, or through the portal.

Moon captured outposts are the same color as uncaptured outposts (white). Moon captured outposts should probably be blue like the moon flags on forts and the world map.

Edited by OldVamp

2 hours ago, OldVamp said:

Moon captured outposts are the same color as uncaptured outposts (white). Moon captured outposts should probably be blue like the moon flags on forts and the world map.

Moon doesn't need more help finding the one outpost they don't own on a map.  😉

Migrating Conquest Scoring to a Skirmish Scoring System

Right now, there has been a lot of grumbling over the games population distribution not being represented with the number of objectives available in different time zones.  This causes a mostly NA player base to have to put in long hours to compete for top conquest spots.  The current campaign reminded me a lot of the earlier years in guild wars 2 where SEA and AUS players would mostly band together on 2 or 3 servers out of the 24 NA ones.

During their prime time, they would almost always cap all objectives and get max points tick.  This is why many called the game Coverage Wars.  As they moved further from their prime time, they would have little to no player base due to server caps and the other two servers would split the score, so the SEA/AUS server often had guaranteed first place unless they happened to match up with another server with similar demographic overlap.

One of the changes that came in later was the Skirmish change, this eliminated the margin of run away scoring and allowed for more well rounded servers to atleast have a chance of good placement appropriate to their population.  I would like to see a similar system implemented into Crowfall scoring.

Here is what i propose:

• Divide the day into 3 hr skirmish segments.
  • Increase Point Tick rate so its every 15 minutes,  this will make it easier for smaller guilds (or guilds playing out of their prime time) to snipe points for more than a single tick.
  • At the end of a 3 hour skirmish, the skirmish scores are ranked, and then Conquest points awarded to the appropriate guilds according rank.  Then the skirmish score Resets to 0 for the next window.
  • a scoring system of 25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1 is then rewarded to the top 10 guilds during that skirmish.
    (if this is too strict it can be rebalanced to score top 25 guilds per tick)

Currently there are 12 guilds holding keeps in game.  With the above rankings, a keep alone will not guarantee conquest scoring, even less so if even more guilds own keeps.  I think this will open up a more strategic game play throughout the day.  Point denial will be much more possible towards alliances, since once a guild loses all its outposts and no one is on to recap, their allied guilds may not benefit at all from retaking the outposts (ie. due to them already holding 1st or 2nd for that skirmish).  Where before it was pointless to flip objectives in certain times because that alliance would get them back almost immediately.

Edited by neven

Please, please decrease the number of maps, and/or the size of each map. The run times are silly, and finding a fight is far too difficult. I did 25 hours of mining this dregs, saw literally one person the whole time, on r10 nodes. Ridiculous.

That was some seriously shady BS used to game the Frendia leader board.  

A Big Shield guild intentionally invited multiple decoy trial accounts to go over the 500 member cap so they would be removed from their Alliance without disbanding it. Thereby stealing 2nd and 3rd place rewards, when they should have only gotten second. 

It would be pretty cool for there to be some kind of cutscene of the world dying, a final scoreboard displayed, or ANYTHING other than just booting me to the main menu when a campaign ends because right now it just feels like I'm in a state machine with a missing transition.

Maybe run a highlight reel with stuff like lists of the top 10 players who got "unique kills" or something, I don't know, I'm not a game designer.

I think I've brought this up before, but after a year of playing this game and being in campaigns I am starting to see through the cracks more and more. Crowfall still feels like a prototype in too many ways. If people have spent over a month playing your "end-game dungeon", there needs to be something better than the current anticlimax.

Like just about everything in this game, it's almost great. Almost.